Caveman 2 Cosmos

You could still get a bit more recent without breaking saves. 40.1 is SVN revision 11115, but saves are only broken at 11132.

You can follow https://github.com/caveman2cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/wiki/Using-SVN but in step 3, don't choose HEAD revision, but revision 11131. That way, you get about a month of additional bugfixing (Feb 11 - Mar 8). If that doesn't solve the problem, it would need a more recent revision number or a new bugfixing, which would mean the save is lost. But it is certainly worth a try.

Just updated to the newest SVN version to check out the new worldbuilder and wow... This is an absolute gamechanger for scenario makers
Please report any issues you may experience with it at "https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/platy-world-builder-beta-testing.657623/"
I just punched platy's world builder mod into C2C in 3-4 work-hours without really testing it, so there's probably some specific adaptation to C2C I missed as well as some general polishing needed.

Hi, I'm playing on the latest official build (Feb 2020), what are the optimal settings to play this mod on? What map is best to pick? I love the breadth of the game, but I'm unsure of how to play it.

Hi, I'm playing on the latest official build (Feb 2020), what are the optimal settings to play this mod on? What map is best to pick? I love the breadth of the game, but I'm unsure of how to play it.

Technically not up to date; a lot of bugs have been fixed since then, and some features added (like seasonal camps and fishing camps, which are basically for finding more resources) in the SVN version.

That said, C2C_World is perhaps the most up to date. Try standard or large map... check the player guide on this forum for more details on how you might want to set up your game.

Hello,

I see that the UI has changed quite a lot (I have the most recent version 40.1) and it looks good, but I'm having an issue. I don't know how to select a production in multiple cities in Domestic Advisor screen. In the past, holding down CTRL or SHIFT, clicking cities and then clicking on the building or unit - it worked, just like in vanilla BTS or in other mods, but no longer. How to do it in the new UI? I would find it really useful. Micro-managing 10 or more cities is too painful.

Hello,

I see that the UI has changed quite a lot (I have the most recent version 40.1) and it looks good, but I'm having an issue. I don't know how to select a production in multiple cities in Domestic Advisor screen. In the past, holding down CTRL or SHFT, clicking cities and then clicking on the building or unit worked, just like in vanilla BTS or in other mods, but no longer. How to do it in the new UI? I would find it really useful. Micro-managing 10 or more cities is too painful.
You can group select cities from their city bar selections on the map view. Shift select a city bar to add (or remove) a city to or from the list. CTRL select on a city, I think selects all on the continent and ALT select is all cities everywhere, or the opposite - can't recall. You are then working with all city queues but the first city in that list can define what is and what is not available to add to the queue if I'm not mistaken. But if a new tech is researched, and say forges is opened up as a result, and you want it everywhere you can build it and you want it to be built first wherever it can be built, then you can select all cities then ctrl select the forge to put it at the front of the queue wherever possible. You could also shift select it to add it to the end of the queue wherever possible.

As a result of this functionality, I never used the domestic advisor myself anyhow because I don't recall what city is what by the name but more by its location on the map. @Toffer90 has been our UI master and I know he plans to eventually work on the domestic advisor further at some point.

I'm using the last version from the SVN, and the WorldBuilder doesn't seem to save the cities population anymore. Is this on porpuse?
Before update After update

When I start a new custom scenario game all cities start on population 0.

Howdy there partners!
Sorry if I came to the wrong place but, I'm trying to host a Pitboss game of C2C with a friend of mine and when the application should show the lobby it simply crashes.
This is a sad time as I'd like to enjoy this mod with him very much.
Other mods work fine.
Any help would be muy appreciated.

Howdy there partners!
Sorry if I came to the wrong place but, I'm trying to host a Pitboss game of C2C with a friend of mine and when the application should show the lobby it simply crashes.
This is a sad time as I'd like to enjoy this mod with him very much.
Other mods work fine.
Any help would be muy appreciated.
Not sure anyone has attempted any debugging on Pitboss. You should try the IP connection multiplayer but take a look at the Multiplayer bugs and crashes thread at the beginning of it for some advice on that.

Suggested PC requirements:
2.6 GHz (64 bit) but 32 will do (But do the 3 GB switch)
4 GB memory but three will do
10 GB free space but 60 is better
1 GB graphics card, but 256 might work
Lots of free time to spare, will take way over 100 hours to win.

60 GB? my SVN instalation is only 10 GB... is 60 the size that the mod is gonna be in future versions or is there something optional im missing to download?

60 GB? my SVN instalation is only 10 GB... is 60 the size that the mod is gonna be in future versions or is there something optional im missing to download?
That's how much we've shaved it down since that statement was made.

Note: I'm sure someone will update the SVN soon as I've not yet sorted that out (last time I asked how Rax just did it for me and I really don't have the patience to try to figure it out right now). Once that happens,

IF YOU HAVE A GAME IN PROGRESS, RECALCULATE IT! SHIFT+CTRL+T

This will FIX a LOT of problems that any game that's been going past the Prehistoric era would be encountering and you wouldn't basically know it.

Hey. So I'm looking for a mod comparable to this one for either civilization 5 or civilization 6. I'm unsure what search terms would be good for finding one. I love the sheer amount of content this mod has to offer, but until I can get a new Civilization 4 on steam (since my hard copy was melted in a storage unit fire), I will need something at least halfway comparable in terms of content for either Civilization 5 (I have all the DLC for it already) or civilization 6 (without dlcs as I don't have any of those yet) to get me through. Is there anything like that or are the games too recent still/not moddable enough?

Civ 5 and 6 have much weaker mod support, so it doesn't have mod like that.
Oh. I see. That's a bummer. I imagine, then, that the biggest mod in terms of content for civ 4 would just be vox populi, right?

Top Bottom