1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

2. Donoya

Donoya Chieftain

Hey. So I'm looking for a mod comparable to this one for either civilization 5 or civilization 6. I'm unsure what search terms would be good for finding one. I love the sheer amount of content this mod has to offer, but until I can get a new Civilization 4 on steam (since my hard copy was melted in a storage unit fire), I will need something at least halfway comparable in terms of content for either Civilization 5 (I have all the DLC for it already) or civilization 6 (without dlcs as I don't have any of those yet) to get me through. Is there anything like that or are the games too recent still/not moddable enough?

3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Civ 5 and 6 have much weaker mod support, so it doesn't have mod like that.

4. Donoya

Donoya Chieftain

Oh. I see. That's a bummer. I imagine, then, that the biggest mod in terms of content for civ 4 would just be vox populi, right?

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No. This mod is the biggest ever made for Civ IV BtS.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  6. Donoya

Donoya Chieftain

Oof. I meant Civ 5.

7. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Warlord

How does education work? My cities have more than 100 education yet they still only have the "Intuitive" education effect active. The "Cultivated" education effect is supposed to exist in a city with between 50-2000000 education, and "Knowledgeable" education effect is supposed to exist between 100 and 2000000 education. So why does they only have the "Intuitive" education effect (which should exist between 10-2000000 education)?

It could be me that misunderstands something, are there other prerequisites for the higher tiered education effects? (if so I hope someone will pop by to educate me ;) ). Im still in the prehistoric era btw.

8. ecawilson

ecawilson Warlord

Yep, that's it.
    upload_2020-7-8_13-46-51.png

Jayman1000 and MattCA like this.
  9. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Warlord

blegh... excuse my ignorance :p thanks :D

10. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Warlord

Great Generals receive xp when accompanying hunters that defeat animals, is this intended? Im a leveling my generals to greatness through hunting.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah and the AI tries to do this but does it so poorly I'm strongly considering just cutting that off and getting them to stop. It's just getting their generals to die pointlessly more often than not.

12. MadeleineW

MadeleineW Chieftain

Hello,

I've just tried to install the latest version of C2C. I put the new file in the folder called "mods" which had been empty, and then I did the unzipping and the new file was still there though it looked different, and then I loaded Civ4 BtS and clicked "advanced" and C2C was there as a mod to click on.

I clicked on it, and the loading started but almost straight away there was a grey box saying "Load Error" at the top and in the middle a red cross and "GFC Error failed to initialise the primary control theme" and at the bottom "OK" which when I clicked on it it went away but came back a second or two later exactly the same. The second time it wouldn't let me click on it until after I'd pressed the windows button next to my spacebar, but then when I clicked the OK the whole programme went away. I mean it stopped loading, it's still there in the folders.

Can anyone give me some advice please on what I can do about this? Many thanks.

13. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

You need the Mods folder in the same folder as your BtS exe. It should not be empty (although technically it's possible and doesn't matter if it is).

MadeleineW likes this.
  14. MadeleineW

MadeleineW Chieftain

Thanks.
    I have a folder called My Games, and Beyond the Sword is a subfolder. Within the Beyond the Sword folder, the next set of subfolders are
    assets
    CustomAssets
    Logs
    MODS
    Patch
    PublicMaps
    Replays
    Saves
    Screenshots
    TransferredMaps
    and there are two files called CivilisationIV and Civilisation.ini.bak.

Most of the folders seem to be empty and I can't see anything called BtS exe. Can you suggest a sensible place to look please? Sorry if that's a stupid question and I should already know.

15. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

That's what I thought. That's the wrong one. The right one will be under C:\Program Files (x86). The exe is called Civ4BeyondSword.exe

What Windows vers do you have?

What version of BtS (Steam or non-Steam)?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    MadeleineW likes this.
  16. MadeleineW

MadeleineW Chieftain

I have Steam. I'll have a look in the C:\ place, thanks.

Edit - YES! Thank you for helping, I'm pretty sure I'm in.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  17. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Warlord

Egypt is angry at me because "war is going badly". I have attacked and killed some of their units with my neanderthal warrior, who attacks without revealing nationality. Well, seems the the Egyptians are on to me anyway, must have left some clues behind. That's what you get for sending neanderthals. :lol::egypt::hug:

Attached Files:

18. margolloxx

margolloxx Chieftain

it kind of makes sense. as a player you too can easily guess where enemy hidden nationality units come from so i would say its only fair for ai to do that too. although it is weird that this is the modifier. what i would like to see is for the ai to actually blame you for stuff like that and making demands.

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah probably would be an improvement. A complicated one to setup though.

20. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Warlord

I agree, I think I like that there are some repercussion for state sanctioned assault/piracy/robbery/murder, or whatever you want to call it. It feels proper that the enemy you secretly attacked would at some point get at least a suspicion about who dunnit and thus their negative attitude towards them; the negative effect doesn't show until you've destroyed several units. TBH the amount of units from certain civs that I have massacred secretly probably should result in more than just a -1 to diplo (Idk if it goes up to -2 at some point, but it seems to stay at -1 despite regularly destroying a unit from a specific civ every 3rd/4th turn. And yes, a different text for that specific diplo effect would be nice.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020