1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM1 (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Beautiful. Very well done. Huzzah's to the design team.

I give credit to where it is due :), especially since I have a predilection for quality mods for any of the Civ series (well, except for Civ V, but that's a whole different story in itself :crazyeye:). I find your mod extremely well done and of excellent quality, so it was no problem stating my appreciation for you and your team's efforts.

1) Ah, I thought that was the case, as my first encounter with that particular aspect of the mod caused me to revert to my Navy days of colorful expletives, well done on the surprise factor. Serves me right for not reading the 'pedia first.

2) RNG = Random Number Generator, or in this particular instance, the odds calculator (Civ IV term, my apologies, I forget that some acronyms do not translate between iterations). EM = Earth Map, Which you have sufficiently answered at this time, I shall just wait until you release one, especially given the new terrain graphics from the previous post.

3) Actually, I was specifically intrigued by the GEM (Giant Earth Map) by Yoda Power. His map is extremely well done, and he has some rather interesting rule sets for it that make a lot of sense. Play testing this particular map (which I highly recommend if you have sufficient time) was vastly enjoyable and provided a definite challenge. IMO, if you created a similar GEM tailored specifically towards your mod, it would greatly enhance the play value.

Irregardless of whether you do so or not, and if you don't mind, I shall recommend you mod over in the Civ IV threads. There are actually quite a few of us who play II and III, as well as IV. The main complaint that I have been seeing over in the IV threads concerning III is that a lot of members are under the impression that the III mod forums are basically dead. A fact that I will happily attempt to rectify and see if I can't get more members to take an interest over here.

Regards,

Drak.

2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

I agree, Yoda Power´s Giant Earth Map is really extremely well done. :yup: When using this map in combination with CCM, some rules, especially about movement , must be harmonized.

The CCM-map in works is based on the world map of Aeldrik with an enlarged Europe by CellKu (from Rocoteh´s famous scenario "WW2-Global") and slightly changed by me.
    This map is bigger than 256x256. Here is a link to an old post by me about that map: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4863067&postcount=15

3. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Interesting. Nice SS's and the city placements versus resources look spot on.

Hmnn, are you entertaining the the thought of a potential or partial merge? I find that Yoda's rule set in Age 1 particularly intriguing in limiting a Civ's expansion, especially the AI's, as it was notorious for ICS and inane city placement. This had a particularly nasty habit of breaking a players immersion, especially on the higher difficulties.

I look forward to your continued progress. My thx for the prompt and informative responses.

4. Civinator

Here are some links to posts where I did explain more about the CCM world map:

http://www.stormoverciv.net/forums/showpost.php?p=25919&postcount=5
    http://www.stormoverciv.net/forums/showpost.php?p=25921&postcount=6

And here you can see some screenshots about a map of Europe I did with some of these concepts for the WW II scenario "Storm Over Europe" (SOE):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11287698&postcount=4
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11287696&postcount=2
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11287697&postcount=3

Unfortunately my time for modding is severly limited by RL. So I can do only one part after the other. First comes the new CCM mainfile, than the CCM earth map or the big update for SOE and WW2 Global Gold.

Wolfshade posted it shouldn´t be possible to add 512 or more resources to C3C, what would spoil the concept of fixed citynames in the CCM world map done by resources. In this year I don´t have the time to do a test about that reported problem.

5. RickFGS

RickFGS Chieftain

Hi Civinator, where can we download those superb updated terrain compilation files by Vuldacon?

6. Civinator

RickFGS, this will be the decision of Vuldacon. At least it will come with the next CCM mainfile, together with two other complete terrain sets: One of these sets contains your complete terrain including your water terrain and the other will be the Ares terrain. So every civer can easily switch to his favourite terrain. Only the folders must be renamed.

7. maverick73099

maverick73099 Chieftain

as great as this mod seems ever since i installed it civ3 stops responding upon starting the game or stopping a game seems to be too many issues to really get to enjoy it

8. Civinator

Hi maverick73099, this sounds somewhat strange. Many civers, including me, run that mod without any problems. Did you install it in C3C in the scenarios folder as I described it?
    Spoiler :

9. maverick73099

maverick73099 Chieftain

yeah I did, my path is slightly different as its a steam download. the game was playable but every time I opened the game it stopped responding the first time the second it would start up properly. after that if I went to play a different saved game or exit the game it would stop responding. currently I have uninstalled the mod as it just got too frustrating.

10. Civinator

maverick73099, I agree, that the procedure you are telling us here, is frustrating. And the worst is, I have no explanation for this procedure.

Did anybody else here in this forum have a similar experience and /or an explanation for the procedure described above?

11. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

No, sorry. I detest Steam with a passion. Perhaps Steam Technical support may be able to assist?

12. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

I, personally cannot afford to use a "service" like steam. I've always thought that if you bought a game you should be able to use it, internet or not. If that is not the case with Civ6 I will likely not be a customer.

13. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

My C3C disc got corrupted some time ago and to my own horror, I had to buy Civ3 complete via steam.

CCM runs without a hitch on steam.

By the way, can't wait to install the second version of CCM

14. maverick73099

maverick73099 Chieftain

yeah im not big on steam but I got the game as a gamestop download and it ran that game through steam, kinda odd but whatever I don't mind and so far it works fine with all mods except this one. who knows maybe whenever I get around to installing again it may run smooth that happens a lot. right now im getting started building my own mod so my focus is gonna be on that for a while.

15. rhodie

rhodie Bwana M'Kubwa

Greetings Civinator
    I have spent the past few years playing many games of CCM, noting any errors that I found. As CCM is still in beta mode, I am listing them below, although some may have been mentioned in previous posts and already actioned. The suggested corrections are listed at the bottom for your and other CCM fanatics information:

ERRORS:
    1. Paddle steamer - Large and small icon was distorted. Corrected pcx images attached.
    2. Correction in 'Diplomacy' text file - near top: The 'g' is missing from 'greatest' -
    "The reatest ruler of the world greets you. etc'
    This has been corrected.
    3. The 'Landsknecht' unit had no details or description. This has been corrected.
    4. Mongol-Khanates were not mentioned as an excluded Civ in the Civilopedia entry for 'Arquebusier'. This was corrected.
    5. The Civilopedia entries for the 'Firelancer' and 'Mesofirelancer' did not mention which Civs could build these units. This was corrected.
    6. The Civilopedia entry for 'Rifleman' did not mention 'British' as being an excluded Civ. This was corrected.
    7.The text for asking to upgrade the 'Trainings Launcher' is misspelt as 'Traingslauncher'. This was corrected.
    8. Heavy Bomber - The 'RUN' sound does not have the deap sound of a B-29 four engined bomber. A better sound is attached.
    9. There was no Civilopedia information about the Gloster Javelin, F-100 Super Sabre or Dassault Super Mystere. I have added info to the Civilopedia and increased the info about the Dassault Mystere.
    10. Nuclear Plant -
    a. No icon was displayed in the City build section. This has been corrected in the image buidings_large.pcx.
    b. In the 'Civilopedia' txt file #GCON_Pollution section, the underscore between Nuclear Plant was missing and should be: $LINK<Nuclear Plant=BLDG_Nuclear_Plant> This has been corrected.
    c. In 'Pediaicons' the text file was incorrectly linking to 'nukeplantlarge.pcx' and not 'NuclearLG.pcx' or 'Nuclearsm.pcx'. This has been corrected.
    d. The two images 'NuclearLG.pcx' and 'Nuclearsm.pcx' were incorrectly placed into the 'CCM/Art/Tech Choosers/Icons folder. Move them to the 'CCM\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Buildings' folder.
    e. The 'prerequisite' Civilopedia entry for Nuclear Plant was incorrect as being 'Assembly Plant' when it is 'Light Industry'. This has been corrected.
    11. Space race - The information in the civilopedia is unclear as what prerequisite is required to start 'The Space Race'.
    The following text has been added to the Civilopdeia for 'The Space Race', each of the ten components and 'Spaceship - Parts of the Space Race'.
    '{Prerequisite:} First complete the $LINK<National Space-Center=BLDG_National_Space-Center> (Small Wonder).
    12. M-113 and M-113 (Desert) unit - there was no gun sound because the wav file was 'stereo'. It should have been 16bit 22050kHZ Mono WAV. This has been corrected.
    13. Mirage IIIB and IIIC Shahak had no sounds listed in the ini.file. These have been added.
    14. Hotchkiss - India was excluded but no substitute had been allocated. Suggest adding India to build the Rolls Royce unit (as India was a British possession for 300 years).
    15. For some unknown reason, the 152mm artillery & WW2 Carrier Units are not upgrading as required.
    16. Bombarde (8att/6def) and Cannon (6att-8def) appear to have their attack-bombard reversed.
    17. The Great Artist would not load into a ship or aircraft, although it is supposed to do so.
    18. Carrier (WW2) attack sound is like a machine gun whilst the animation appears to be of carrier aircraft takeoff and attacking. The fault was found to be with the sound files for 'BomberAtckGun' and 'BomberDeath'. They were both 8-bit, not the 16-bit wav files needed for Civ. These have been converted.
    19. US Cavalry - The sound for the 'Run' animation is incorrect as it is the bugle call for 'Charge'. The 'Run' sound has therefore been changed in the US Cavalry.ini to the normal cavalry horse gallop sound and the 'Charge' bugle sound changed to the 'Attack' animation. However the bugle sound is too long for the animation and could be improved.

SUGGESTIONS:
    Apologies to the experienced Civers for the step-by-step instructions.
    The correction files are contained in the attached folders.
    You may wish to make a copy of the original CCM folder and amend the copy.
    1. Open the CCM biq with the Conquests editor and the Units section. Scroll to the 'Rolls royce' unit and add 'India' to the list of Civ's that can build this unit.
    2. With the CCM biq and Units section open, scroll to the 'Bombarde' and 'Cannon' and correct the Attack and Defence settings.
    Change the 'Scenario' section to 31 players and save the biq with a new name. Close editor.

3. Open Firaxis\CivIIIComplete\Conquests\Scenarios\CCM\text folder and replace existing ' Diplomacy', 'Civilopedia' and 'Pedia Icons' text files with the attached text files.
    4. Open the CCM\art\Civilopedia\Icons\units\ Paddle steamer and replace the PaddleWheelLarge.pcx and PaddleWheelSmall.pcx images.
    5. Open the CCM\art\Units\Heavy Bomber folder. Replace the 'HeavyBomberrun.wav' file with the attached file.
    5. Open the CCM/Art/Tech Choosers/Icons folder and move 'NuclearLG.pcx' and 'Nuclearsm.pcx' to the 'CCM\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Buildings' folder.
    6. Open CCM\art\city screen folder and replace the image 'buidings_large.pcx' with the attached 'buidings_large.pcx'.
    7. Open the CCM\art\Units\M-113 and M-113 (Desert) folders and replace the 'gun.wav' file in each folder with the attached 'gun.wav' file.
    8. Open the CCM\art\Units\Mirage IIIB and IIIC Shahak - replace the 'ini' file in each folder with attached 'ini' files.
    9. Open the CCM\art\Units\Carrier (WW2) folder and replace the existing 'BomberAtckGun' and 'BomberDeath' wav files with the attached wav files.
    10. Open the CCM\art\Units\US Cavalry folder and replace the 'US Cavalry.ini' file with the attached 'US Cavalry.ini' file. No change has been made to the length of the bugle sound.

Hope these help.

Attached Files:

• CCM.rar
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  16. Civinator

maverick73099, good luck to your mod and sorry, that I can´t help here.

Hi, ThERat, I will upload a testversion of the new CCM mainfile in the nonpublic CCM forums at the SOC site bevor Christmas (so most of the new civilopediatexts and some other textfiles are not included yet). My modding efforts were severly slowed down by RL issues, especially by work. You still have access to these nonpublic forums. Here you can have a look to the new CCM Terrain and some other things).

17. Civinator

Hi rhodie, thank you very much for your help - and everybody who reads your last post, here can see what big help you are for CCM. :):hatsoff:

rhodie you still have access to the nonpublic CCM forums at SOC and there is life in these forums again. I´m now adding many of the new nuclear units and the era 4 aircraft to the next version of CCM, what is more tedious as I thought. I try to contain all graphical improvements I am aware of, but some of them cause additional problems, for example ICBMs that now have a nice blinking light, but now start with the top of the missile to the bottom and the rocketblast up to the sky and some other graphical glitches about airnukes.

As it looks now, the next version of CCM has to deal with about 2.000 units or more. I don´t have the time to count them, but when looking in the folder of the new units, the counter is now by more than 1750 plus the additional normal Civ 3 units, and there are many aircraft of era 4 still to add.

18. rhodie

rhodie Bwana M'Kubwa

Thanks Civinator. I'm pleased to help in any way.
    I like the tech research samples. Creating Civ specific tech graphics is a new concept I think and adding so many units must be an enormous task. It is not surpirsing that it has taken so long to publish the next version but I'm sure that it will be worth the wait. C u on SOC.

19. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Help! What's the tech that allows military aliances?!

I'm stuck at war with Carthage, and they have struck aliances with (so far) 5 civs to attack me, but I can't do the same, and can't find the tech :(

20. Civinator

In the CCM betatest biq1.7 I made "diplomatic" a special trait for Britain and France, meaning these civs have the ability to form alliances. Other civs in 1.7 can´t do that and have to wait until they have researched Nationalism, giving them the option to form mutual protection pacts. I have removed this trait in the next versions of CCM, as this trait was frequently abused by human players, sending Britain and France from one war to the other.