CCM1 (epic mod)

I am sorry and I hope that you can fix your computer problem soon.

Your cityviews look much better then my own attempts (which are also lost due to carelessness by myself :wallbash: ).

Thank you all very much for your kind words.:) I hope somewhere next week I can post here regulary again. At present I just recreate some of the lost files. Attached is a screenshot about the new City View graphics of the monastery in theocratic government and some of the recreated filler-graphics:

Attachments

• Salzburg-Theokratie.jpg
    Salzburg-Theokratie.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 593
Thank you all very much for your kind words.:) I hope somewhere next week I can post here regulary again. At present I just recreate some of the lost files. Attached is a screenshot about the new City View graphics of the monastery in theocratic government and some of the recreated filler-graphics:

Is this city view in Conquests? I was under the impression that Conquests did not support city view.

Looking Very Good Civinator :goodjob: Happy to see you are managing to recreate your lost files and will soon have your computer running as you want.

:)

Is this city view in Conquests? I was under the impression that Conquests did not support city view.

The City View was and is always available in C3C, but only in the epic game, not in the scenarios or conquests games.

I´m now showing you the improvements in the city view of CCM2 in comparison to the standard C3C City View by the example of "Test Town". Test Town is a simple size 1 city without any built C3C improvements and without any Great and Small Wonders:

Size 1, Era 1:

Size 1, Era 2:

Size 1, Era 3:

Size 1, Era 4:

Last edited:
Looks awesome!!

:)

... and here is the city view of CCM2 in comparison to the standard C3C City View by the example of "Test Town" in size 2 (no special buildings, wonders and small wonders).

City View Size 2 - Era 1:

City View Size 2 - Era 2:

City View Size 2 - Era 3:

City View Size 2 - Era 4:

... and here is the era-specific City View of the Great Wonder "Great Playhouse". In CCM this Great Wonder not only raises the happiness in the city, but also doubles the culture awarded by the performance of Great Artists in a civ.

Epoche 2: Shakespeare's London's Globe Theater:

Epoche 3: Carnegie Hall:

Epoche 4: Sydney Opera House:

Great Artist:

Here are some City View screenshots of the city of Amsterdam. They only hold normal buildings (with exception of the palace, the worker houses and later the military academy and the heavy tank plant) and filler-terrain-buildings.

Amsterdam in era 1: Beside the normal city view buildings you can see the academy, the religious center, the center of administration, a forge and the theater. Amsterdam is in goverment Monarchy and holds a castle (using the graphics of the former coastal fortress).

Amsterdam in era 2: Beside the normal city view buildings you can see the following buildings: The great religious center, a clock tower, a library, an observatory, the university and the opera. To increase production Amsterdam has built a windmill and, as it is changed government from Monarchy to Theocracy, it now holds a monastery instead of a castle (with different options).

During era 2 the civ (Lowlands) had its Golden Age and a rapid growth in population. New buildings you can see are the hospital, the stock exchange and the dockyards. I also build the SW Military Academy in that city.

Amsterdam in era 3: Beside the normal city view buildings you can see the railyard, the tv-tower the heavy tank plant - and a hoovering filler-terrain building :D. Even in the standard city view of Civ 3 such situations did happen. This is one of the reasons, why the Civ 3 standard city view graphics have so small buildings and frequently the tiles have no building but only a tree.

Amsterdam in era 4: Beside the normal city view buildings the screenshot shows the tv-station of Amsterdam.

Last edited:
Greetings, Civinator, I figured out what you meant by the "epic game". Your city views are definitely a massive improvement on those. Now, if you could get them to work on the scenarios, it would be fantastic, but that is not critical. I will have to enjoy them when you are finished.

Greetings, Civinator, I figured out what you meant by the "epic game". Your city views are definitely a massive improvement on those. Now, if you could get them to work on the scenarios, it would be fantastic, but that is not critical. I will have to enjoy them when you are finished.

timerover51, thank you very much for your kind words. :) Firaxis sacrified the screen of the city view for an easy fix of a crash that could happen when using a lot of additional strategic resources. So the loss of the city view in scenarios (and conquests) is hardcoded and to change that programming would need another hardcoded solution. This would be a job for Antal1987 or Skyer2 (the same for reverting the zoom-out-function of C3C to a zoom-in-function). Unfortunately I am not able to do this.

timerover51, thank you very much for your kind words. :) Firaxis sacrified the screen of the city view for an easy fix of a crash that could happen when using a lot of additional strategic resources. So the loss of the city view in scenarios (and conquests) is hardcoded and to change that programming would need another hardcoded solution. This would be a job for Antal1987 or Skyer2 (the same for reverting the zoom-out-function of C3C to a zoom-in-function). Unfortunately I am not able to do this.

I sort of thought that the problem with the city view was hard-coded. I am just amazed as what you have accomplished.

The city view always holds new surprises.

Back to the screenshot of Amsterdam-Era 3. Please look at the red building close to the gate. In CCM2 this is the bank in era 3.

Now in the City View file IMP-Ages1 I mirrored the images of the bank in era 3 and 4 and kopied the mirrored images in the exact same locations of the file IMP-Ages1:

I received the following result: The image in the city view was not mirrored, but turned by 90 degrees. :eek:

Attachments

• Bank-mirrored.jpg
    Bank-mirrored.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 447
  • Bank-Era 3.jpg
    Bank-Era 3.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 469
Top Bottom