1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM1 (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

These cheap costs are completely intended. :) This building autoproduces a special unit, the Praetorian. The very cheap costs assure, that it will be autoprioduced in the (somewhat) correct time in history and not when all civs can build riflemen. In fact there are much more cheap GWs and SWs for autoproduction in CCM2 - and the Roman Senate also exists in CCM2, too.

2. Hazem

Hazem Chieftain

Hello Civinator can I download it?

3. Civinator

Hi Hazem, at present the betatest is non public as there are tons of errors and bugs to be ironed out. Per example today we had the following bug caused by the death animation of a japanese swordsman:

I will do an anouncement when CCM2 is ready for the public download.

4. Hazem

Hazem Chieftain

Okay, and thank you for your efforts in improving CCM. I miss playing civilization 3 already and am impatient...

5. Civinator

Here are two screenshots of a current CCM2 testgame with the Antal1987-4 patch showing the Yokohama-Channel (or may be better: building the Yokohama Canal) :):

Hazem likes this.
  6. Hazem

Hazem Chieftain

Perfect new thing to the game Man thats genius... Is the antal1987 integrated in CCM2? the city tiles limit will be 45?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  7. Civinator

That´s the genius of Antal1987, not mine. :)

It´s too early to give here a full résumé about the Antal1987-4 patch, but as you can see I´m now in the testgame at the border to era 4 and there were no incidents. One tester showed a save game where one of the citizens couldn´t be replaced in the city. screen. If this has to do with the Antal1987-4 patch is not proved. When playing with that patch, I think there should be the "houserule", that no combat settlers should be allowed, settling one tile next to an enemy city (especially with barracks inside that new city) .In my eyes this could be the reason, why Firaxis set a two tile distance between cities.

The Antal1987-4 patch also fixes the scientific golden age and some graphical glitches in the civilopedia. That patch doesn´t boost the limit of the city tiles that can be used by city laborers ( that is a function of later patches of the Antal1987 framework), otherwise most industrial and modern units would have needed a complete revision of their production costs, exceeding the limits of the Firaxis editors (and my free time).

I think the future download of CCM2 will include that patch and a note how to use it, but the tests are still running. You can find the Antal patch frame work here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/useful-patches-for-civ-3-conquests-v1-22.526285/

8. Hazem

Hazem Chieftain

Yes I mean playing CCM with antal patch idea is genius too. With your mod it is absolutely more fun, and good luck with the beta tests it looks promoting ty

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  9. Civinator

The new mainfile and the new biqs for the non-public betatest are ready for download. A 'split-up' download for testers with slow internet connection will follow soon.

Edit: The 'split-up' download for the non-public betatest is now available, too.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Samez likes this.
  10. Mastermaul

Mastermaul Chieftain

Apologies for my ignorance, but what exactly do supply shipment units do? I've been ferrying them around between my cities and can't find any interaction options with them.

11. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

They give you some gold if you bring them to the capital.

12. Mastermaul

Mastermaul Chieftain

I've done that to no avail.

13. tjs282

tjs282 Un(a)bashed immigrant

...just here for the job/ handouts/ woman
    The Supply Shipments are flagged as 'Princess' units -- in order to get the gold, you have to collect them with another unit (that unit-name then turns red in the right-click menu, to show that it's carrying a Shipment), then use that 'transporter' unit to ferry the Shipment into your capital.

Spoiler If you didn't know this already...? :
    If your Supply Center is near a (hostile) border, and/or if there are still AI-controlled Enslavers inside your borders, you may prefer using a fast (combat) unit to carry the Shipment all the way (it will move faster, and is also less likely to get lost/stolen en route); this is fairly simple, but does mean shuttling a fast unit(s) back and forth between your borders (where it might be needed to fight) and the capital (where it most likely won't be). Alternatively, if you know that the route is safe and clear (or you have rails), you can send the Shipment unaccompanied, then pick it up just outside the capital, with one of your Palace-guards; you might wait a little longer to get the gold this way, but avoid 'distracting' any of your fast-units from their proper job (of crushing your enemies!).

One thing to note though in CCM1.8: to reduce the number of potential trade routes (and hence interturn re-calculations), the 'Allows XXX-trade' flag has been removed from Harbours and Airports; Supply Centers have the 'Allows air-trade' flag instead. So if you're playing on a Continents or Archi-map, any colonised landmass with Strategic and Lux-resources should ideally get at least one Supply Center, to connect those overseas territories (and their resources) to your trade-network.

@Civinator:

Thinking about it though, why are Supply Shipments in the game? If it's for the gold-boost, 25g per resource per 8T(?) seems like a fairly nominal reward for all the busy-work required from the player -- and gold is after all relatively easy to accumulate in CCM, since so few buildings require maintenance. Are the Shipments more intended to incentivise the AI to build the Supply Centers, to encourage international trade? (Because when -- not if -- the AI builds a Supply Center(s) in its own capital, it gets no benefit from doing so)

14. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

Move the Supply Shipment next to the capital. Move a military unit on top of the Shipment and a special action button will appear for that military unit. I think the button has two hands on it but I can't remember for sure. Click the button and the military unit has taken control of the shipment, now move that military unit into the capital. When you do this watch you gold before and after. Your gold total will go up, because the shipment has been 'turned' into gold.

Oops, posted at same time as tjs282.

15. Civinator

Thank you all for your continuing interest in CCM. :)

Here are screenshots to illustrate the descriptions given above how to handle supply shipments:

If you want to read my own explanation how to use them, you can read it here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm-epic-mod.352057/page-78#post-13184258

To create working supply shipments (caravans) for random maps were a modding challenge. So supply shipments for fixed maps still existed (AoI), the master-modders in RAR were not able to achieve a proper solution for them in random maps. The supply shipments in CCM use a different mechanism compared to the - at that time existing - supply shipments for fixed maps in C3C.

I decided to give them a worth of 25 gold, as the AI is not handling them very well (especially not, when producing them in their capitals) and this is the same value in gold when destroying a Barbarian village. The bonus should be a nice but defenitely not a game breaking, addition to the mod. In era 1 and 2 even for the human player, the additional gold can be of a remarkable value. tjs282, as you posted, in late era 2 and later for the human player gold is mostly easy to accumulate, but this gold, that is accumulated, mostly comes from the AI. In those phases of the game, many AI civs are broke. The supply shipments here have the mainfunction in directly supporting the AI. Additionally, even, when the AI builds a supply center in its capital, the AI civ will gain a significant benefit, as those centers also boost the tax output of a city by 50 %.

16. Mastermaul

Mastermaul Chieftain

Thank you all for your detailed explanations, I was totally lost. I played CCM I think maybe 5-6 years ago and have forgotten much.

17. tjs282

tjs282 Un(a)bashed immigrant

...just here for the job/ handouts/ woman
    OK, so they're basically in there to show off your Awesome Modding Skillz? ;) Fair enough -- sounds like a perfectly good reason to me! Thanks for taking the time to explain (again).
    In conjunction with the SCI%-slider rate-cap for a lot of the early CCM-govs, that does make sense (since the Civ3-AI is infamous for not using the LUX%-slider). Though it's almost a shame that the (Firaxis) C3C-Editor doesn't allow the possibility to prevent a building being constructed, based on existing buildings: if it did, the AI could be 'taught' not to build things in its capital -- like Supply Centers -- that ideally should be built in other towns instead.

Spoiler Off-topic modding-related musing... :
    That gives me an idea for my EGO-ModTM work-in-progress. One of my aims with that mod is to get the AI-controlled Civs (and the human player, albeit to a lesser extent) to focus on playing more to their epic-game Civ-strengths, e.g. by building the improvements and Wonders that will most benefit them/give them their GA. Also, I've noticed that the AI-Civs rarely if ever get anywhere near a Culture-victory in the epic game (not at Emp or below, anyway) -- so maybe they could be encouraged to 'try' for at least a 20K victory, by forcing some/all of the (high-Culture) GWonders to be built in the capital ('Requires Palace')...? That might also help inhibit wonder-cascades (another mod-aim), allow the SEA-Wonders to be limited more towards the SEA-Civs (provided the map-generator puts their starting Settler on the coast like it's supposed to), not to mention reducing the possibility for the human to use the Palace-prebuild 'exploit'. Hmmm...

EDIT (1.5 hours after the fact): This was apparently my 1000th post to CFC! :trophy2: Yay!
    [party][party][party]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  18. Mastermaul

Mastermaul Chieftain

Is CCM balanced around a certain set of worldgen options?

19. Civinator

tjs282, congratulations for your 1.000th post at CFC. :band:[party]

I´m guessing what you mean with 'worldgen'

CCM 1 (the current biq available for the public) is designed for bigger maps. The climatic settings are as balanced as in every other scenario. If you have a fast pc, you should play the biggest map size.

In the upcoming CCM2, map sizes are also much bigger than in standard C3C. Therefore when generating random maps, there are no descriptions of the map as tiny, large and so on, but the size of the world that is set in the editor.

The settings in the upcoming CCM2 allow to play the mod even on smaller map sizes, so to play it in the smallest map size is not recommended.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  20. Mastermaul

Mastermaul Chieftain

I just felt like I might have messed up playing with a reduced number of rival civs. By the time I really got in a position to to strike they were already massively extended and seemingly invincible. I've started a new game as Germany though, it seems to be going alright but it feels extremely imposing. I've conquered and wiped out the British and Japanese by about 1025 AD, but i've just now gotten to Middle Ages and the thought of there being up to 28 other civs out there seems like a daunting task. I hope there's enough time to take care of them all.

More than anything I'm looking forward to the Industrial Era for all the shiny World War-era toys.