CCM2 Epic Mod

I found another error, still in the old 2.4 version.

Missing file: arts/units/Drake Class/Drake class.ini

Any ideas? The game has been performing great so far until this point (year 1550 AD)

Thank you all for your kind words about CCM2.:)

I found another error, still in the old 2.4 version.
Missing file: arts/units/Drake Class/Drake class.ini
Any ideas? The game has been performing great so far until this point (year 1550 AD)

Inoé, you can find a unit of the Drake Class working with CCM2 here (and of course in the new CCM 2.45 mainfile), but I strongly suggest that you should start a new game with CCM 2.45, as you will run in several wrong biq entries for WWII dreadnoughts coming with tech Interwar Period.

Hello Civinator.

This mod has been on my "to play" list for a number of years, but I think there might be something wrong. I was playing the game as the Dutch. I found the Inca civilization to my north. I sent some units to explore around there and they would start a fighting animation and just die. Then one of my cities was captured by the Incas. Makes sense as Inca was to my north and my units were exploring north. The thing is, I never saw the Inca unit who attack my city defender. The defender just started a fighting animation and loss. It is like Ican has invisible units.

In addition, maybe I don't understand the mod, but Inca never declared war on me. They just took my city without declaring war, but when I tried to take it back, I had to declare war.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hello Civinator.

This mod has been on my "to play" list for a number of years, but I think there might be something wrong. I was playing the game as the Dutch. I found the Inca civilization to my north. I sent some units to explore around there and they would start a fighting animation and just die. Then one of my cities was captured by the Incas. Makes sense as Inca was to my north and my units were exploring north. The thing is, I never saw the Inca unit who attack my city defender. The defender just started a fighting animation and loss. It is like Ican has invisible units.

In addition, maybe I don't understand the mod, but Inca never declared war on me. They just took my city without declaring war, but when I tried to take it back, I had to declare war.

One of the few things I really dislike in this mod - invisible HN units. You need to use your workers or slavers to detect enemy slavers. I understand why they are HN but why they are not visible? At least all other land units should have "detect invisible" flag then.

In addition, maybe I don't understand the mod, but Inca never declared war on me. They just took my city without declaring war, but when I tried to take it back, I had to declare war.Am I doing something wrong?

One of the few things I really dislike in this mod - invisible HN units. You need to use your workers or slavers to detect enemy slavers. I understand why they are HN but why they are not visible? At least all other land units should have "detect invisible" flag then.

The Enslaver and a number of religious units are invisible and have hidden nationality. If one of these units had only hidden nationality, then the AI would treat them like barbarians and AI units would come from everywhere to kill them. It is part of the original programming that an AI hidden nationality unit does not have to declare war, but the player does. One of the reasons these units exist is to make the game more challenging in the beginning. The player should try to have these type of units available as soon as possible to use against the AI units that are out in the open. Check out the Civilopedia entries for the Enslaver, Missionary, Priest, Druid, Lawyer etc. Then use them against the AI!!!:)

The player should try to have these type of units available as soon as possible to use against the AI units that are out in the open.
That means - the player is always forced to one style of playing, it's the example of bad game design that I don't like. Civilisation originally was a game of choices, you should not be forced to build army of slavers just to be able to see enemy units.

That means - the player is always forced to one style of playing, it's the example of bad game design that I don't like. Civilisation originally was a game of choices, you should not be forced to build army of slavers just to be able to see enemy units.

Workers, Explorers and several other units can see invisible units. And I wasn't trying to say that is the only way to play, just one that is open to you. When an invisible unit attacks, you can then attack in the direction your unit was facing in order to try to get that enemy unit.

Thank you all for your kind words about CCM2.:)

Inoé, you can find a unit of the Drake Class working with CCM2 here (and of course in the new CCM 2.45 mainfile), but I strongly suggest that you should start a new game with CCM 2.45, as you will run in several wrong biq entries for WWII dreadnoughts coming with tech Interwar Period.

Hi Civinator.
I did so and evrything was quite ok until I found this:

'Missing entry in "text/Pediaicons.txt". ANIMNAM_PRTO_Medivial Naval Explorer

Any ideas? :)

The Enslaver and a number of religious units are invisible and have hidden nationality. If one of these units had only hidden nationality, then the AI would treat them like barbarians and AI units would come from everywhere to kill them. It is part of the original programming that an AI hidden nationality unit does not have to declare war, but the player does. One of the reasons these units exist is to make the game more challenging in the beginning. The player should try to have these type of units available as soon as possible to use against the AI units that are out in the open. Check out the Civilopedia entries for the Enslaver, Missionary, Priest, Druid, Lawyer etc. Then use them against the AI!!!:)

Hmm... Basically, they are like pirates, but on land.

Also, maybe I should read the Civilopedia. I was very confused by my units getting massively hammered. I'm guessing I should also play on a difficulty lower than I use to (until I get use to the mod).

Thanks for the info.

Hello Civinator.

zeroRPGmaker and Shmelkin, thank you very much for your interest in CCM2. :)

The enslaver (and later the more dangerous holy men and the even more dangerous lawyer) are very interesting units that work very well - even for the AI.
Those units are a counterpart against a too risky expansion, especially of the human player. You are well advised to protect your cities, settlers and workers. Otherwise it can be, that you will be punished by those units. The other reason is, to give the terrain surrounding your cities and units, a much bigger strategic value, due to the movement restrictions and handicaps, the enslaver has in some kinds of terrain. That´s why these units enlarge the options of gameplay and not diminish them.

Shmelkin, of course it´s still the decision of the player, if he wants to spend the production cost for that small wonder that autoproduces the enslaver, or if the player wants to use those production points for building something different. It´s wrong, that the enslaver can detect other invisinble units (but later units like the holy men have this ability) - the enslaver can not detect them, but it can be interesting in having them early to attack other civs with them. And Shmelkin, you will never see "armies of slavers" by a certain civ in CCM, as a civ can only receive this and other invisble HN units by the autoproduction of a Small Wonder every 10 turns. So if you have the facility for autoproducing this unit, it lasts 20 turns until a civ has two (!) enslavers. That unit cannot been built directly. But it can happen, that your civ has to face several enslavers from different other civs.

Now let´s take a look at the civilopedia entry of the enslaver (and I have to admit, that here the formating of that entry can be done better):

The enslaver cannot move over marshes, mountains and volcanoes without a road. This means, that those kinds of terrain that normally are not considered very useful in the early game, can become much more useful now, as they can protect your cities from enslaver attacks across such terrain. Additionally the enslaver has no movement bonus when walking through desert, forests and hills, meaning, so the enslaver normally has a movement of two tiles, when moving through such a terrain, he can only move one tile and then stuck in that tile for that turn (without a road). In CCM the costs of a unit to pass a certain tile are much higher than in a standard Civ 3 game. A unit with two movement points (like the enslaver) always moves like climbing on a mountain (meaning he can only move one tile), if the unit doesn´t have a movement bonus for that terrain.

Now with these units you will have a very different - and more deeply - strategic understanding about the map around your cities. Frequently you will discover bottlenecks on the map, that enslavers must pass through mountain chains or marsh tiles, to reach your civ or some cities of your civs - and of course this can help you in different ways for your actions against those units.

The enslaver is the most discussed unit in the CCM1 forums. If you do a search in the CCM1 thread only with the catchwords "enslaver" and "map", you will get 45 hits.

Attachments

• Enslaver.jpg
    Enslaver.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 678
Hi Civinator.
I did so and evrything was quite ok until I found this:

'Missing entry in "text/Pediaicons.txt". ANIMNAM_PRTO_Medivial Naval Explorer

Any ideas? :)

Inoé, if you use all CCM2.45 files, you don´t have that problem, as in those files the typo with the wrong spelling of 'Medivial" is fixed, both in the text and in the unit entries. If you are still running your 2.4 files you must have a look, that even the text and unit entries have that wrong spelling, so the game can still identify them.

@Civinator

Yeah, I know it is weird to be play Civ III in 2018, but Civ III has a special place in my heart. What better way to play Civ III than with a new mod :)

One more time thank you very much for your kind words. :) I hope you will have much fun with CCM2, but in many ways it is quite different from standard C3C. It´s more a Civ 3,5. :D

I don´t think it´s weird to play Civ III in 2018 (and 2019 and so on), as at present it is the best game of the civ series for all civers, who don´t like the 3D tabletop presentations in other versions - but it can be, that in some time the best civ game without 3D tabletop presentation will be the even much older Civ 2 ToTPP, as most Civ 3 units can be converted to Civ 2 ToTPP and Civ 2 ToTPP even has the possibility of Lua programming of events and parts of the rules.

I don´t think it´s weird to play Civ III in 2018 (and 2019 and so on), as at present it is the best game of the civ series for all civers, who don´t like the 3D tabletop presentations in other versions - but it can be, that in some time the best civ game without 3D tabletop presentation will be the even much older Civ 2 ToTPP, as most Civ 3 units can be converted to Civ 2 ToTPP and Civ 2 ToTPP even has the possibility of Lua programming of events and parts of the rules.
I also still play CTP2 with AoM from time to time, it not only has scripting but full source released, and in some aspects (like public works) is even better than civilization. I tried playing CivIV and CivIV colonization, but 3D totally kills it for me, and 1UPT in later games kills civilization spirit even more.

Making slavers invisibe and undetectable by regular units is the worst solution.

Shmelkin, this is your opinion. When looking at the performance of those units in CCM, I have to completely disagree. Please play other mods, that give the fun to you, that you want.

Inoé, if you use all CCM2.45 files, you don´t have that problem, as in those files the typo with the wrong spelling of 'Medivial" is fixed, both in the text and in the unit entries. If you are still running your 2.4 files you must have a look, that even the text and unit entries have that wrong spelling, so the game can still identify them.

Hi Civinator.

I deleted my previous message as I found the cause of the problem. I had replaced all the files in Art, Units and Text, but forgot to download the new conquests.biq file... So, I did and now everything is fine :D

Thank you for all the patience and guidance

Last edited:
Oooh, CCM2.45 !! Great ! :goodjob:
I have to test it !
Will it be a problem if I replace my current 2.4 files with 2.45 and continue my current 2.4 game?
Ok, I 'll Don't benefit the new improvements for now (not a problem for me), but do I risk game crashes or other problems?

And also it seems that we have to download the full game in new version? Wasn't it possible to also prepare a smaller patch with only new/modified files in, to patch already running 2.4?

Beside of this, I have an idea for the next version :)
Perhaps we could imagine that most of units until industrial age WONT be able to upgrade.
I mean mainly for tanks, planes and battleships. It would be more realistic.
We could keep upgrade ability for infantry-kind units (we can Imaging that giving foot soldiers new discovered improved gear and guns is realistic).
But what about vehicles? "Hey guys, we have discovered a new amazing way to make planes fly much faster! Let's dismount all those old propellers on our planes and put some cool reactors instead". :rolleyes: No way. You still have your old planes as they are, and you start building some new better from the scratch (eventualy keeping the ability to disassemble previous ones to take some parts or to collect some iron that will be re-used, that fit perfectly with game mechanics).

Last edited:
Top Bottom