1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM2 Epic Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

2. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

Has CFC communicated to you that they are working on it?

3. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Takeo, there is a communication, but no decision yet.

4. Civinator

CCM2.50 now can be downloaded. The working download links are in the first post of the CCM2 thread.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/

Please read the, in big parts rewritten, post1 of the CCM 2 thread (including the linked post about more new details of CCM2.50) and please don´t forget, that CCM2.50 now is a real unofficial expansion of C3C and should no longer be played in a version of the scenario folder to avoid a mix-up with the later coming scenario version of CCM2, that is based on a completely reworked version of CCM1.

As the game limits in CCM2.50 are highly customizable, please have a look, that the 'blue boxes' in the game starting options, shown in a screenshot of post 1 of the CCM2 thread, are enabled and none of them is disabled. Otherwise some features of CCM2.50 can not be used any longer. In the settings of the game limits, please never change the limits for the cultural victory, as when doing that, these limits fall back to the standard C3C values (25.000 culture for a single city), what is much too low for CCM2 (considering a single great artist can provide 1.000 culture points) and cannot be reset in the started game.

A special thank you very much for the help of Thunderfall, Rob (R8XFT) and Plotinus while uploading that mod. :)

XTC and Wolfshade like this.
  5. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Yay. early Christmas! And soooo many changes!

I will add another advantage, one which I love: no need to have the original CD in the player. Which not only spares the CD (important, considering they are becoming rare) it also allows you to have other CDs in the player.

6. XTC

XTC Chieftain

I got this error message upon starting ccm 2.50

Attached Files:

7. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

8. Civinator

XTC, CCM2.50 doesn´t have a building with that pediaIcons entry any longer. That building now is called War Memorial and has the pediaIcons entry BLDG_Art-of-War to assure, that it can appear in the city view. That pediaIcons entry and the pediaIcon images for that entry are contained in the CCM2.50 download.

My guess is, that you haven´t cleared the Virtual Store of your pc and an old version of the conquests biq is overwriting the new conquests biq, coming with CCM2.50, and demanding an pediaIcons entry that no longer exists in the new conquests biq. If I remember well, we had some posts in this thread, how to find the Virtual Store on your pc.

Attached Files:

9. Civinator

XTC, CCM2.50 doesn´t have a building with that pediaIcons entry any longer. That building now is called War Memorial and has the pediaIcons entry BLDG_Art-of-War to assure, that it can appear in the city view. That pediaIcons entry and the pediaIcon images for that entry are contained in the CCM2.50 download.

My guess is, that you haven´t cleared the Virtual Store of your pc and an old version of the conquests biq is overwriting the new conquests biq, coming with CCM2.50, and demanding an pediaIcons entry that no longer exists in the new conquests biq. If I remember well, we had some posts in this thread, how to find the Virtual Store on your pc.

10. Civinator

XTC, you can find this post here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/page-13#post-15397601
    At that time you had the same problem. When playing C3C, a copy of the conquests biq is normally installed in the Virtual Store and this copy overwrites a newer biq with that name.

Btw.: I don´t know, why my posts sometimes are doubled at CFC. As you can see in the identical posting entries (at present both posts 3 minutes ago), I made only one post in answering your post.

11. XTC

XTC Chieftain

You are right, Civinator, and your memory is better than mine :). Thanks for all the work and the first appearance is already a delight!

12. Wotan49

Wotan49 amateur handicraftsman Supporter

Now one more day and 8 hours, then I'm ready. we do not have ne 524 MB line and there it goes only with 26-35 KB / s ahead!
    So I wait!

luck
    Wotan49
    :old:

13. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

A question on Cotton: there are 2 entries on the civipedia for it, "Luxury" and "bonus". I've found some on the map, but doesn't register as "luxury". So I assume only the "bonus" entry is correct?

14. BillK

BillK Chieftain

Great News!! :)
    I am looking forward to the scenario version of CCM2.50 though. I have always installed only the scenario version as the full installation procedure seemed very complicated and I have seen forum questions where people made installation errors. So I will wait for the scenario version.
    For casual users who just want to play the game I do think the full installation needs to be simplified / automated. That should attract many more users.
    Best wishes and congratulations on a marvelous product!

15. Civinator

jlvfr, both entries are correct. :D Please don´t forget, that with the new files you will be able to play the RARR mod, too. In RARR,cotton is a luxury resource, in CCM1 and 2 it is a bonus resource (to make the buildings that produce happiness more useful). Therefore this resource (and some other resources, too) are contained twice in the biqs, texts and graphics for CCM and for RARR. In CCM only the bonus form of the cotton resource is enabled, in RARR the luxury form of this resource is enabled. Of course if wanted, cotton could be set to with the editor to be a luxury resource in CCM and to be a bonus resource in RARR without any problems, as the graphics and the text entries exist for both forms of this resource. :) It could also be possible to set cotton or some other resources with the editor to exist in the game or a scenario in both forms and you only know, what kind of resource it is, if you have it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 9:05 AM
    jlvfr likes this.
  16. Civinator

BillK, the CCM2.50 files first were set to be a self extracting zip-file (what comes near to your suggestion of an 'automated installation') but an extraction with this setting is blocked by the Windows Defender and you would have to continue the extraction against the explicit suggestion of the Windows Defender to stop that extraction. I´m sure that such a stop by a Microsoft warning for continuing the extraction would have caused most civers to stop the extraction. That is why I have changed the setting of the CCM2.50 download to use a normal extraction as a zip-file and without a stop by the Windows Defender.

Even when installed as a scenario, you have to control and delete an old biq with that name that can be hidden in the Virtual Store of your pc (this was the only installation problem, that was reported until now, besides the fact, that this point is part of the installation hints) and you should know, how to access the Virtual Store of your pc, as C3C also stores all your C3C save files in a folder of your Virtual Store and there will come a time when you want to delete some of your save files because they use a considerable space of your hardrive.

The CCM2.50 scenario files need the expansion of the C3C mainfiles, too. The scenario files only have a different biq and some different text files. They need the files of your expanded art and sounds folders in the C3C mainfolder.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:59 AM
  17. BillK

BillK Chieftain

Thanks for the explanation. But, just to make things more complicated for you, :) I am running CCM on an old Win XP desktop computer that doesn't have Windows Defender or VirtualStore. (I have given up on newer MS Windows and run Linux on my main laptop). I had no trouble following the instructions to install the earlier CCM as a scenario on WinXP.

18. Civinator

BillK, this is not more complicated for me. :) When using CCM2.50 the installation of the expanded mainfile will be needed, even when be played as a scenario. Theoretically it still also can be played as a scenario, but here you must change some settings in the conquests-biq, especially the grip of that biq to a scenario folder you have to create, where you have to put these files into. In that case may be it is the best still playing your old CCM2.45.

But as you say, you are playing CCM2 on an older pc: I´m interested about the processor power of that pc and the performance of CCM2 on your pc with that processor.

19. Civinator

BillK, this is not more complicated for me. :) When using CCM2.50 the installation of the expanded mainfile will be needed, even when be played as a scenario. Theoretically it still also can be played as a scenario, but here you must change some settings in the conquests-biq, especially the grip of that biq to a scenario folder you have to create, where you have to put these files into. In that case may be it is the best still playing your old CCM2.45.

But as you say, you are playing CCM2 on an older pc: I´m interested about the processor power of that pc and the performance of CCM2 on your pc with that processor.

20. BillK

BillK Chieftain

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to play CCM2.50 sometime. :) Maybe I'll find the courage to attempt the full install.
    The old desktop is an Intel Core2 Duo dual-core running at 2.4 GHz with 2GB memory. It runs CCM2.45 fine, though I usually restrict it to eight civs on a large map size. I have done the later game speedup options that are recommended. I usually continue running past the game completion date and when all remaining civs have max development and are fighting among themselves there is sometimes a slowdown at the end of each turn. But only for five or ten seconds. Really, it runs fine!
    No complaints from me. :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 3:03 PM