1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM2 Epic Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Hi lafao, it seems you have not done a correct installation of CCM2. May be you have mixed up the Conquests mainfolder and the Conquests folder for the single Conquests. Without more information, I cannot say you more what went wrong with your installation. You should have a look into your Civilization 3 Complete game, here look especially where your expanded units did land after the extraction and where you did make your copies of your original Art-, Text- and sounds-folders and post a screenshot here of the structure of the folders where you have done the extraction and your copies of your original folders.

2. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

I just started a test CCM 2.5 game; Biremes can't enter sea terrain. Is this intentional?

3. Civinator

Yes, now all level1 transport ships have this setting :yup: as it adds something in strategic thinking and catapult ships need iron.

4. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

Civinator,
    Got a few minor things that can be updated in the Civilopedia-

- The various Catapult ship pages do not list iron as a requirement.
    - The '15b) Luxury Resources' page lists only 8 of the 10 luxuries.
    - The '27d) Leaders' page doesn't mention a military leader upgrading to artillery, but says it can create an army.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  5. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

In that case, the 'pedia needs an update. I didn't look at the other L1 ships, but the Bireme doesn't say anything about being restricted from Sea terrain. Only that it risks sinking if it ends its turn in sea or ocean.

6. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

Have people be able to play using CrPMapStat 2.11.0?

I've have multiple crashes of the utility with the new version of CCM.

7. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

Actual that page lists Ivory, which does not exist in the biq file, as a Luxury.
    Why are Tropical Fruits considered a Luxury and not a Bonus resource?

Also, to really nit pick. I believe that both Hardwoods and Saltpeter (like Horses) are renewable resources and should not be subject to disappearing. In fact if you have Horses or Cattle you have a potential source for potassium nitrate. I can understand that for game purposes using Saltpeter as a resource requirement for making gun powder.

EDIT: I had a problem when I had about 10 entries left (almost through the W's) in the the Civilopedia. I got kicked out with the message that art\civilopedia\icons\units\Orange-SM.pcx is missing.

8. XTC

XTC Chieftain

An adjustment for the Civilopedia: With Steam Power it mentions "New Resource: Coal appears on the map". But coal was already at the map with Fossil Energy.

By the way: I am enjoying this mod very much!

9. XTC

XTC Chieftain

My civilization just discovered "Steam Power" and my cities already had access to "coal", but I can't make the "Steam Engine" in those cities...

Edit: Steam Engines CAN be made but the coal has to be in the city radius. Is that intentional?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  10. Civinator

Yes , these things will be part of an update of the civilopedia. :yup:

11. Civinator

I never have used this programm.

12. Civinator

The civilopedia will have an update.

Tropical fruits in RAR and RARR were always treated as a luxury resource and CCM2.50 holds files that can also be used in CCM and in RARR. In CCM the number of the luxury resources was enlarged to ten (the maximum number the cityscreen can handle) and as the jungle terrain lacks luxury resources and exotic fruits have a nice icon on the map, I decided, that exotic fruits will be one of the new luxury resources in CCM. At least in Germany, exotic fruits are considered as a kind of luxury. One of the first laws in an outbombed Germany after WW II was the 'Bananenprotokoll vom 25. März 1957' declaring bananas are custom free to assure, that even in this, at that time poor country, the 'poor man from the street' can afford a little piece of luxury.

I agree. that saltpeter and hardwood shouldn´t be subject to disappearing. For saltpeter this was the normal setting in C3C, but her some settings of RARR accidently made it into the CCM2 settings. This will be corrected.

The message of a missing Orange-SM.pcx file was an old error of an earlier version of CCM2, but when the files of CCM2.50 are installed properly such an error message should not appear, as there is no more file that demands those graphics.

13. Civinator

XTC, thank you very much for reporting those errors. :)

It is not intended, that coal must be in the city radius to build a steam engine. This must be corrected with a new biq, but I will wait a little bit, if there are some more reports that need a correcture of the biq, so we don´t have here an inflation of correcture biqs. So far the only other fixes that need a new biq, are the disappearance ratios of saltpeter and hardwood reported by Jersey Joe. All other reported errors can be fixed by updated textfiles.

14. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

Did a test game with CrPMapStat 2.11.0 running and played for 100 turns and it worked fine for me.

brazil.jpg

crp.jpg

15. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

Thank you for clarifying the Tropical Fruit resource listing.
    I think the civilopedia entry for Tropical Fruits needs to be updated. For every other Luxury Item there is a phrase about the Luxury turning one content person happy. However, no such phrase appears in the Tropical Fruit Entry. This is what lead me to believe it was a bonus resource not a luxury resource.

With respect to the Orange-SM.pcx file reference. There is a reference to it in PediaIcons.txt that has it as being for William of Orange. In the Art\Civilopedia\Icons subfolder, neither Orange-SM.pcx file, nor the Orange-LM.pcx file can be found. But, both the Orange-SM.pcx file, and the Orange-LM.pcx file are in Art\Civilopedia\Concepts. If I just copy both files from the Concepts folder to the Icons folder will that "fix" my problem.

Also, civilopedia.txt makes reference to Orange trees as if it might be a resource. The biq file does not have oranges as a resource.

16. LKendter

The Snoopy terrain directory is missing several required files only in the original terrain directory. Simply renaming the directory didn't work after I did a clean reinstall.

17. lafao

lafao Chieftain

thanks, i just started the game, i had many mods, i deleted all and after installed the game again.
    now i have another problem, the game exit because didnt found the unit "early fighter,ini" can y help me ?
    another thing, when we conquer a wonder from another city and another civilization, the bonus of that wonder are not assimilated by our civ, its the intent?
    other thing, im playing with germans and they only can have a barrack in the capital , and in another city that build some kind of an a small wonder and another with the military academy, its the intent? im all the time putting the units to the capital to upgrade them.
    the supply shipment its not working when we achieve the capital

for now its that, thank y so much for your effort, what a work, congrats

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  18. LKendter

Don't know how many, but there are still references to religious in the Civlopedia.

19. XTC

XTC Chieftain

My civilization (Egypt) just discovered "Democracy" and according to the civilopedia should be able to build the small wonder "Capitol", but it can't.

20. tjs282

tjs282 Disillusionist

...just here for the job/ handouts/ woman
    That depends on what you mean by 'bonus'?

You never get any Culture-points from a GWonder that you didn't originally build yourself. (If you build it, lose it and later recapture it, then you start getting the Culture-points again, at least until the Wonder expires with a later tech — if it is set to do so).

But until a captured GWonder expires, you do usually* get all of the (other) Wonder-effects (free buildings, auto-produced units, happiness etc.). However, if on the turn you capture a GWonder, you already know the tech which obsoletes it, then you don't get any of the effects.

e.g. in the epic game, if you've captured Pyramids and/or SunTzu, you will always have the free Granaries, and/or free Barracks (on that continent!), because these Wonders never expire; but if you've captured Temple of Artemis you'll only get free Temples until you learn Education.

*I say 'usually' here, because autoproduction is a special case: if a GWonder requires a (Luxury or Strategic) resource to build it, and you don't currently have access to at least 1 of that resource, then you won't get any of the Wonder-produced units until you do.

e.g. in the epic game, Statue of Zeus needs Ivory to build (and expires with Metallurgy): if you have no Ivory (or have learned Metallurgy), then capturing SoZ will not give you Ancient Cavalry.

The only benefit you get regardless of who built the GWonder in the first place, is when it's also a tourist-attraction: then you will get the Tourism-gold (and you will continue to do so even if its other effects expire, IIRC).
    I haven't DL'd the newest CCM .biq yet, but it sounds like the Capitol-building might have 1 (or more) other preconditions for building it, which might have been accidentally omitted from its 'Pedia entry.

Resource-requirements for any building are (usually) displayed in the Pedia-entry automatically (although this may not be true of CCM, which has been designed to avoid triggering the hyperlink bug).

But leaving that aside, off the top of my head, I can think of at least 3(-and-a-half) other possible preconditions that aren't ever displayed automatically:

(1) The Capitol 'Acts as a second Palace' (like the epic-game FP)
    So to build it, you need to have founded (or captured) enough towns to reach at least half the OCN for your current map size (seems the most likely)​
    (2) The Capitol is government-specific (like the epic-game Secret Police HQ)
    So to begin building it (and to get the benefit from it) you'd also have to switch to the right government (presumably Democracy in this case, given that this was the tech which unlocked it?)​
    (3a) The Capitol has a prerequisite building (e.g. epic-game Uni requires a Lib) or (3b) requires a certain number of prereq buildings to have been built (e.g. epic-game Battlefield Medicine requires 5 Hospitals)
    So you'd only be able to build it (3a) in a town which already has that other building or (3b) once you've built enough of the prereq-buildings​

So (until @Civinator clarifies) your best bet would be to have a look at your .biq, to see what you're missing.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Civinator likes this.