1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM2 Epic Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

I think, the game will be finished with the settings of your current biq.

2. XTC

XTC Warlord

Ok, I will, thanks.

3. XTC

XTC Warlord

Hi Civinator, as you maybe noticed, I play as the Scandinavians and their Settler can move on a mountain, however the upgrade of that Settler, the Northeuropean Settler, can NOT move on mountains. Is that correct?

4. Civinator

Yes , this is intended. :yup: The settler is a special unit with a little more mobility than 'normal' settlers, that only can be received at the start (here a little better mobility is needed to soften up some bad starting locations) or by some autoproducing GWs. I´m reflecting about giving them therefore ATR (all terrain as road) option in the next version of CCM2.

The Northern Settler isn´t an upgrade of the settler. It is an upgrade of the autoproduced clan unit.

5. XTC

XTC Warlord

Thanks for your answer, Civinator, but the settler is an upgrade of the settler, see the picture.

Settler upgrade to Northeuropean Settler.jpg

6. Civinator

XTC, I will have a look into the complete upgrade chain of the clan and its upgraded units, when I have the time for this.

7. XTC

XTC Warlord

Take your time, Civinator, I continue enjoying your fantasic mod!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  8. XTC

XTC Warlord

The Swedish Musketeer has an upgrade to the Swedish Musket Infantry. But is has the same attributes, the same prerequisites and the same stats. And the upgrade costs 10 shields extra. Isn't it better to raise the defense OR the attack stat to 6?

9. Civinator

XTC, this is intended. The Swedish Musketeer has better values than other musketeers of that time, showing the great military innovations done by Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden. In the later time when the Swedish Musket Infantry becomes available, other civs had equalized this miltary level and there is no more reason to set this unit better than its contemporary military equivalents. The unit is treated like the Musket Infantry units of other civs in that time.

10. XTC

XTC Warlord

Ok, thanks for your answer.

11. Ivan the Crazy

Ivan the Crazy Chieftain

Hello again! Found another issue.
    M 4 Bison has the same graphic files as M 4 Bison Nuke.

Also, is there any decent User Interface mod for civ3? I would love the "upgrade all" function, or at least a proper unit sorting in cities. It's getting tedious in late game to upgrade units, and military adviser screen is laggy as hell/

And one more thing. I'm considering to turn on Military Alliances for my next playthrough, cause Mutual Protection Pact is too inconvenient , AI tends to declare wars on a whim. Can you suggest what tech and era is better for it?

12. Civinator

Thanks for reporting that graphical error. :) The M 4 Bison should have normal explosion graphics, not the nuclear one. Nevertheless a bombardment by the 'normal' M 4 Bison is not a nuclear attack. The victory graphics for the M 4 Bison will be changed with the next update.

Please use the C3C shortcut commands. Shift-U upgrades all obsolete units.

I took them out (and the map trading, too) because I found the tons of pop-ups in the late game in 31 civs games annoying, especially as in CCM there is the tendency, that a higher number of civs survives until the late game. Military alliances in C3C come with tech Writing.

Attached Files:

13. vmxa

vmxa Deity

One of the lamest things in the game imo, is the AI and MPP. They will sign an MPP with someone that is already at war, with the largest civ in the game.

14. Ivan the Crazy

Ivan the Crazy Chieftain

Thank you, Civinator.
    About Military Alliances, I realize the possible inconveniences, but Mut. Prot. Pact is not a viable substitute. I made a pact with Spain to fight off Maghreb and in course of several turns these idiots managed to declare war on seven more civs! Three of them being close and quite strong.
    MPP puts too much binds on the player.
    MA allows a more versatile approach, gives more flexibility.
    Besides it adds more atmosphere to the game. Without diplomatic intrigues (even as primitive as they are in civ3) the game feels to dry, empty.
    And for long turns - my solution is to make a tea, take a good book (preferably some Alt. History one) and glance at the screen every 5-7 minutes. Makes it much less frustrating )

15. Civinator

That´s why in CCM the MPPs come short before WW1 and WW2 . They stand for garanting big wars in that phase of the game - and this is what is intended.

If a civ offers you a military alliance or a trade boycott (and this happens frequently) while you are reading a book, you will finish this book and notice, that there was no progress in the game, because you haven´t closed the popup window with the offer of the AI civ. :D

16. XTC

XTC Warlord

Civinator, I read a complaint in the RARR thread that the nucleair carrier was too loud, but the Norther Carrier (WWII) in CCM2 doesn't have sound at all.

Attached Files:

17. Civinator

XTC, the Northern Carrier (WWII) in my expanded CCM2 mainfiles has its sound and that sound is activated in the INI file of that unit. Please have a look into that unit, if the files shown in the screenshot below are in the folder of that unit. If they are not in there; I will post them for you. If they are in the folder and you are still hearing nothing, I will make a test of that unit in DEBUG mode.
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

18. XTC

XTC Warlord

Civinator, those files are in that folder and I am hearing nothing.

19. XTC

XTC Warlord

The Mobile Flak is also silent

Attached Files:

20. Civinator

XTC, I made several tests in DEBUG mode with that unit. Indeed the run sound of the Northern Carrier (WWII) cannot be heard. Thank you very much for reporting this error. :) All other sounds in combat of that unit seem to work well. The run sound will be fixed with the update of the CCM2.50 files after the release of the next version of WW2 Global Gold.

XTC, in my tests all sounds of that unit are not silent. I don´t know the reason, why the sounds of that unit are not working for you. :dunno: