1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCM2 Epic Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Dec 23, 2017.

1. BenjaminFranklin

BenjaminFranklin Chieftain

Aircraft carriers for example the Enterprise class, Aircraft capacity 4 yet I can only get 2 Helicopters on each same for Forrestal class which has a Capacity for 5 aircraft is also only able to carry 2 helicopters sometimes you are only allowed to add 1 helicopter or if you put a UAV on it for a turn & take the UAV off this will then allow you add 2 helicopters ( discovered this one quite by accident)

On an Enterprise class I have no just managed to get 2 helicopters and an F15 on and it will not take anything else.

One thing I'd love to see in Civ is the ability to Terraform, make land mass bigger or create you own islands.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

BenjaminFranklin, I have no idea how you came to these results. Per example the Forrestal has 5 slots for aircraft (or helicopters). I made a short test in Debug mod and - as you can see in the screenshot - had no problem to base 5 Apache helicopters on that ship. As all these units have the king flag, all units that were placed on the map in Debug mod are named ruler. The helicopters were placed in the city and then rebased by the rebase-button to the carrier.

If anybody else has experienced such problems with carriers in CCM2, please post it here, so may be we can found the source for these problems. For me at present the carriers are working as they should work in the game and nobody else here had posted such a problem.

I would love to see this, too. :) Theoretically it would be possible to set such a terraforming option and to create 'sea workers', that could terraform coast to land and 'landworkers' that could terraform land to coastal terrain. I did such tests long time ago. But the AI would not be able even to start such a terraforming operation, not to mention to move the 'seaworker' from the new land tile back into water terrain or the 'landworker' from the new created 'coast' tile back to a land tile.

Attached Files:

3. BenjaminFranklin

BenjaminFranklin Chieftain

I don't know then as I've taked the 64's off and put them back again & I still can only get 2 + an F15 on. It's fine though as the game is around 5 turns away from a Space Race victory!

4. Civinator

BenjaminFranklin, can you please post a save file from your current game, so we can have a look at it ?

5. Atlasian

Atlasian Chieftain

There might be a bug with the gold mine and/or great iron mine small wonders. One costs 100 shields the other 10. Maybe a typo?

6. Civinator

Atlasian, thank you very much for pointing to that problem. :) The different costs for supply shipment producing SWs result from adding them over a very long time in the history of that mod. This is not a bug, as these SWs are working as intended, but I will reflect about standardizing the costs for them with the next version of the CCM2 biq.

7. Atlasian

Atlasian Chieftain

No problem. I just found it a bit weird and thought it was a bug since their benefits seemed similar.

8. Atlasian

Atlasian Chieftain

Dammit I didn't activate victory points scoring so it seems I can't even use the supply shipments. Is there any way to change rules mid game or am I screwed?

9. Civinator

Atlasian, unfortunately I don´t know a way to activate the victory points scoring in the mid of a game, but as the supply shipments are only a 'side-addition' to the game, I think, you can have an interesting game even without that feature.

On the other side, may be this is a good reason to have a look at the next version of RARR later today. I have just finished the normal version of RARR 1.7 and additionally an extended version of the biq and a 180x180 worldmap for that version. RARR 1.7 uses the expanded CCM2.5 mainfiles (that you still have installed for playing CCM2.50) and additionally only a zipped 8,15 MB file for some different graphics and textfiles (and additionally of course the biqs). The thousands of units of the new version of that mod are all in the expanded C3C mainfiles. I have to partly rewrite the introduction page of the RARR mod and hope I can upload RARR 1.7 after the update of the information page later today. :)

Shmelkin likes this.
  10. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Hi Civinator, when you update the RARR info page, will it tell us what is needed and where to get it, if we have do not CCM2.50? I have not played RARR in more years than I can even recall. It was a nightmare to get installed as remember.

11. Civinator

vmxa, RARR 1.7 (as it was with RARR 1.6) can be easily installed as a scenario. This is defenitely no 'nightmare' for any civer who had installed a Civ 3 scenario.

More difficult is the installation of CCM2.5, but when the basic principle of the expanded C3C mainfolders is understood, this in my eyes is no 'nightmare', too:

1. Simply assume, that the expansion Civ 3 Conquests would have been released with more than 3.000 units in its unit mainfolder (instead of the 35 units it is holding in reality).

These units are available to every C3C mod or scenario by simply adding them in the biq and in the pediaicons textfile of that mod or scenario. It is not needed that all files of those units are duplicated in that mod or scenario and no difficult search pathes must be added for the use of those units in mods or scenarios. A civer would only need a mostly much smaller entry in the units folder of his mod or scenario if he wants to change or to add one of the graphics or a soundfile of that unit in that mod or scenario. This is the normal mechanism that is used in Civ 3 (per example in the C3C units file for the added unit graphics of the legionary unit and the changed sound files of the caravel unit).

2. The effect to expand the C3C mainfolder could be achieved easily by simply unzipping the CCM2.5 files into the C3C mainfolder as this would add the expanded files to the original C3C files and overwrite some files like the ugly graphics of the C3C cruiser unit and the C3C main conquests biq - but what happens, if a civer, for any reason decides, that he wants to play again with the original C3C main files and some of those files now are overwritten ?

3. Therefore in my eyes it is a wise decision to make duplicates of the original C3C Art-, Text- and sounds folders (and give them suffixes like Art-orig with a text editor) and rename the conquests biq in the C3C mainfolder to conquests-orig (or something else) before installing the CCM2.5 files.

Now the CCM2.5 files and the conquests biq can be simply unzipped into the C3C mainfolder and will add (and sometimes replace) their content in those C3C folders. If a civer later decides, that he wants to play again with only the original C3C files, this can be achieved easily by simply renaming the expanded C3C Art-, Text- and sounds folders and the main conquests biq by adding a suffix like -CCM2 (or something else) with a text editor (so they can be easily reactivated when the civer wants to play again with the expanded C3C files) and by deleting the suffixes in the duplicates of the original C3C Art-, Text- and sounds folders and the original C3C main conquests biq.

Is this a 'nightmare' ? I think it isn´t.

4. What really could cause some troubles, are entries in the virtual store of your pc when using Windows, as these entries are overwriting your entries in normal Civ 3 folders.

This is not a problem of CCM2.5, but a general problem of using newer versions of Windows. In short: The Virtual Store of your pc in Windows is the 'place of all evil' :D when playing or modding Civ 3. Here you will find your no longer needed Civ 3 save files, that fill the harddrive of your pc, because you don´t find them any longer in the Civ 3 save folders for deleting them, your modded biqs when using the editor that are no longer in the Civ 3 scenarios folder and unfortunately also a copy of the current C3C main conquests biq, when a C3C game was started with that biq.

So it could be a good idea, to do a search for the Virtual Store on your pc and drop a link to the Virtual Store to your desktop, as you need this in many cases, even for deleting no longer needed save games of Civ 3 on your harddrive. Clean the Virtual Store at least from a copied C3C main conquests biq before starting a game with the new main conquests biq, otherwise your new biq will be overwritten by the old biq in the Virtual Store (at least this are my experiences with the Virtual Store).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  12. vmxa

vmxa Deity

What I remember was that the rarr had a download file and then you had to locate some addition updates and dl them. The files were not distinguished well and it was hard to finally figure out the correct ones. If I am pointed to all files needed, then installation is easy.

As long as I know original files will be written over, I will copy to another location or rename the copies.

I do not see any Virtual Store. Not on either of my drives. I always make a short cut to the save folders of civ games, as they like to stuff them in a User directory some place.

All I need is to know that here is download for RARR and any additional updates files on top of 1.7. In the cases of 1.7 the fact that CCM2.50 is needed and its file location and any updates to it that are required. If any downloaded file wants to over write any current file Windows will alert me and I would then backup said file.

The nightmare for scenarios has always been updates. Which ones and where is the current one. It was not uncommon to have several updates that corrected prior ones, but locating the correct version was not so easy.

BTW I always have hidden file checked.

Thanks Civinator.

13. XTC

XTC Warlord

I am not at war with the Poles, but a Polish merchant ship prevents me to use that hex it occupies. See the picture. Why?

Hex wiht Polish merchantship.jpg

14. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

I'm positive it is probably different on every version of windows, but this is how I get to it on Windows 8-

C: Users / XXXXX / AppData / Local / VirtualStore

The XXXXX is a folder named with my personal name and was probably set up that way when I first bought the computer, so it would be obviously named different on yours.

15. Civinator

XTC, I fear for receiving a proper answer to your question, you have to ask the captain of that nasty Polish ship. :D Sometimes in Civ 3 things happen, that cannot be explained normally (I remember the discussion about an additional trade arrow that shouldn´t be there in coastal terrain).

About the Virtual Store: For finding it on my pc, a windows search with that catchword was very helpful.

16. vmxa

vmxa Deity

"I'm positive it is probably different on every version of windows, but this is how I get to it on Windows 8-

C: Users / XXXXX / AppData / Local / VirtualStore"

That was my thinking as he shows the virtual store as root level or at least prior to x86 files. x86 are lowest on my win10. I do have a lower level virtual store. So I guess we are not seeing the whole tree.

17. Ivan the Crazy

Ivan the Crazy Chieftain

Have been playing Russia, found some bugs:
    - Moskva class ship has defense 2 when it should be 12.
    - zsu 57 2 has no air defense (should be 2)
    - small wonder Superdreadnoughts' produced hull(battleship) can't be upgraded. I looked in the editor, seems you forgot to include Russia into the list for Superdreadnoughts. (It is a generic Supedr., not nation-specific)

Sorry for my awkward English, hope it helps.

18. Civinator

Ivan the Crazy, thank you very much for your reports. I will have a look on these settings - and your English is as good as mine. :)

19. Civinator

Ivan the Crazy, one more time thank you very much for reporting the three errors in the settings of Russian units. :)

All these errors now are fixed in the biq attached. The new conquests main biq will be included in the next update of the CCM2.50 files (or an improved version of the biq, if some other errors in the biq will be reported). The conquests main biqs are distinguished by their date, as a suffix to that biq would cause, that the biq is not recognized any longer by the game. The new conquests main biq has the date: 070420.

If the old conquests main biq is replaced by the new main biq, please don´t forget to clean the VirtualStore of your pc from the old main biq, otherwise the old main biq in the Virtual Store will overwrite the new main biq.

Attached Files:

20. XTC

XTC Warlord

Do I have to finish my game or can I use that new biq right away?