CCM2 Epic Mod

The Mobile Flak is also silent

Attachments

• Mobile FlaK.jpg
    Mobile FlaK.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 101
Civinator, I read a complaint in the RARR thread that the nucleair carrier was too loud, but the Norther Carrier (WWII) in CCM2 doesn't have sound at all.

XTC, I made several tests in DEBUG mode with that unit. Indeed the run sound of the Northern Carrier (WWII) cannot be heard. Thank you very much for reporting this error. :) All other sounds in combat of that unit seem to work well. The run sound will be fixed with the update of the CCM2.50 files after the release of the next version of WW2 Global Gold.

The Mobile Flak is also silent

XTC, in my tests all sounds of that unit are not silent. I don´t know the reason, why the sounds of that unit are not working for you. :dunno:

Civinator, I haven't shot with that unit, I only moved it, and that action is without a sound.

Civinator, I haven't shot with that unit, I only moved it, and that action is without a sound.

The unit was even moved in my tests and the run sound in these tests is working, too. It´s a simple wav file. I don´t know, why you have no sound for the run animation of that unit.

Attachments

• Mobile Flak.jpg
    Mobile Flak.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 554
My bad, Civinator, no sound on a railroad. When moving on a road there is indeed sound.

My bad, Civinator, no sound on a railroad. When moving on a road there is indeed sound.

XTC, no problem. It´s good that this now is cleared. :)

Hi Civinator or anyone who has figured out fixes, I have not used any previous versions of this mod and I am having difficulty getting this to run. I downloaded version 2.5 and installed as directed (made text/art/sound duplicates overwrote during extraction to the correct conquests folder) I am not running this through Steam, and I have verified there is nothing in Virtual Store. But all text seems to be missing, and all attempts to run the game end in an error closure. Any ideas?No Text Image 1.jpg No Text Image 2.jpg

GoatMan401, welcome at CFC :band:[party] and thank you very much for your interest in CCM2.

Your screenshots are showing, that at least something went wrong with the installation of your labels text file. Please have a second look, if the text folder of your C3C mainfolder contains the following files and especially the labels file, that is responsible for the texts in both screenshots that you have attached. May be, you can enclose a screenshot of the textfolder of your C3C mainfolder and the files, that are in that textfolder. The textfolder and its content inside the C3C mainfolder should look like the screenshot I have attached to this post:

Attachments

• Textfolder.jpg
    Textfolder.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 529
Hi Civinator, thank you for the incredibly quick response. I have checked my "labels" file and it seems to have the standard things in it. I have attached a screenshot of the texts folder. I am starting to suspect that it is an error unrelated to this mod. I reverted back to the original version and still received an error that read "Unable to Allocate Draw Buffer, Terminating" Other forums seem to indicate that this is an issue some folks have had related to video drivers, so I'm going to try that tack for a fix. Thank you
Text Files Pic.jpg

Hi Civinator, I downloaded CCM2.5 recently and after installing it, enountered two errors while playing. I joined the forum today so I could post the screenshots below. I'm using the GOG version of Civ3 Complete.

Thanks for making the mod.

CCM2.5 Error 2.png CCM2.5 Error 1.png

namayake,welcome at CFC :band:[party] and thank you very much for your kind words. :)

You made the most common mistake when installing CCM2. The expanded CCM2 files must be unzipped into the existing Art-, Text- and sounds folders of the C3C mainfile. This works as a kind of copy protection to assure, that the civer has C3C. The CCM2 files are added to the C3C files (and in one case overwrite the ugly C3C cruiser unit).

In the case of your installation, the game is searching the C3C art files and is not finding them, as they are not included in the CCM2 installation files for the reason written above.

Civinator, thanks for the quick response. I'm not exactly sure what you mean though. I read and re-read the instructions for installation on the first post of this thread. It seem to say quite explicitly that the the zip file should be extracted in in the "\Civilization III Complete\Conquests" folder, and to avoid extracting it in the "\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Conquests" folder. It also says to rename the "Art", "sounds" and "Text" folders in "\Civilization III Complete\Conquests" to back them up and insure they aren't overwritten. The wrest of the instructions seem to pertain to those who've previously installed CCM v2, which I haven't. The files and folders in "\Civilization III Complete" are the originals and remain untouched.

Thanks for taking the time to help me troubleshoot this, it's much appreciated.

Last edited:
It also says to rename the "Art", "sounds" and "Text" folders in "\Civilization III Complete\Conquests" to back them up and insure they aren't overwritten.
If you simply renamed those folders without copying them first, that is possibly the problem, because those are the folders where the original Firaxis art-assets are stored! And if the game can't find those assets (because the 'official' Firaxis-folders now have the 'wrong' names), then you will get exactly the kind of errors depicted in your screenshots.

If that's what you did, then the simplest fix at this stage would probably be to copy (the contents of) each of those renamed folder(s) back into your .../Civ3/Conquests/Art/ ../Sounds/ and ../Text/ folders, thus adding all the Firaxis-files (back) into your CCM-install. The only thing you might want to be careful of (and with all due respect to @Civinator, it is really only a cosmetic thing!), would be to avoid selecting the Firaxis Cruiser-graphics (and sounds?) -- or refuse to allow them to over-write the CCM versions.

Last edited:
Hi tjs282, thanks for the help. So what you're saying is I should have just let the zip file overwrite the old folders and their contents, right? That's exactly what I did the first time I tried to install the mod, in fact I didn't even make backups of the originals as I had no interest in playing the vanilla game anymore. And that lead to the error on the Player Setup screen you can see in the screenshot above. What I'm reporting now is coming from my second attempt, where I didn't allow it to overwrite the original folders (I had to re-download the game from my GOG account). And that lead to not only the error on the Player Setup screen but an error when generating the Enslaved Worker unit. So I'm not exactly sure how I should proceed.

namayake, when you are opening the Civ 3 Complete folder, you will see a structure like this:

It shows the files for Civ 3 Vanilla and the folders for the expansions Civ 3PTW and Conquests. Please don´t zip the CCM2.50 files into the Civ 3 Vanilla folders. Such an action could cause the problems, that you have shown in your two screenshots.

1. Now select the folder Conquests, that holds the files of the expansion C3C (marked in the screenshot above with a red arrow).

2. The folder containing the C3C files will open and you will see a structure like that, but the folders Art-orig, sounds-orig and Text-orig (all marked with blue arrows are not existing yet. You are now in the folder that holds the C3C mainfiles, especially the folders Art, sounds and Text (all marked with red arrows in the second screenshot).

3. Now please make copies of the folders Art, sounds and Text (all marked with red arrows) and name these copies to Art-orig, sounds-orig and Text-orig (or give them another suffix you like. These copies are the folders marked with blue arrows in the screenshot above. The copies, marked with the blue arrows, serve to return quickly to the files of the original C3C expansion or to restore the C3C expansion, when something went wrong with your installation of CCM2.50 without needing to do another download and installation of Civ 3 Complete at GOG.

Also make a copy of the conquests main biq and name it conquests-orig (or something like that). Unfortunately in the screenshot above I forget to mark that biq with an arrow in a different colour, but I hope you will find that biq.

4. Now unzip the CCM2.50 files into the C3C mainfolder. The CCM2.50 files will fill up the folders called Art, sounds and Text with the additional files of the CCM2.50 expansion and also add some new files, among them the new conquests main biq, holding the settings of CCM2.50. The folders Art, sounds and Text now are holding the files of the original C3C expansion and the additional files added by CCM2.50.

And one more hint when starting a game:

Your second screenshot shows, that you haven´t activated some features, that should be used when playing CCM: The boxes for diplomatic victory, cultural victory and victory points should be activated, too, by klicking on them. The option of the victory points is needed, that the supply shipments can work.

namayake, good luck with the installation.

Attachments

• Installation1.jpg
    Installation1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 508
  • Installation2.jpg
    Installation2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 504
Wow, thank you for taking the time to repost all that, it's quite extensive. Reading carefully back through these steps, it's the same way I proceeded last time with the only exception being where I extracted the zip file. When you say extract it to the "C3C main folder", do you mean "xx*/Civilization III Complete/"? I thought I was supposed to extract it to "xx*/Civilization III Complete/Conquests/".

Extract it to the folder that is marked in the first of the screenshots in my last post with a red arrow. It is the only red arrow in that screenshot - but before extracting it, you have to do the work that I described in the second screenshot, otherwise, when your attempt to install the mod fails again, you have to do another upload at GOG.

Please understand, that this is my last attempt trying to explain you the installation.

Civinator, I understand your frustration, but think of how I feel as well. On my first attempt to install the mod, I did everything exactly as is instructed on the first post of this thread, and that you reiterated above. You can disregard the error I received when the game tried to spawn the Enslaved Worker units. That arose on my second attempt trying to correct what I thought was a botched install, but in fact my first attempt was done correctly. So this is now a bug report. The mod is crashing the game on the Player Setup screen when selecting Inca/South America. Do you need me to make a video showing me installing the mod correctly before you'll acknowledge it's a bug, not an installation issue? Selecting Inca/South America crashes the game. Try it yourself, maybe you'll get the same result?

namayake, the player setup for Inca/South America is working very well in my installation of CCM2.50 and in many other installations, too. CCM2 now was downloaded 777 times. When looking through the CCM2 thread, you can find several civers, who had problems with the installation of this mod, but after an explanation they gave a feedback, that they were able to do a proper installation. As far as I remember, there was only one civer who gave no feedback about the success of the installation and one civer, who had a problem with a video driver of his pc, what has nothing to do with this mod.

In the Civ 3 succession game forum, there are several games using this mod with several players, all of them having successfully managed to install and play the mod. You can find the forum for the succession games here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ3-succession-games.67/
The current CCM2.50 succession game is played with the civ Japan and can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/lk162-japan-500k-culture.655873/

When having a look at the Japanese translation of your nickname I am considering, that you are trying to do here a joke. On the other side, may be the problem is somewhere 'outside the CCM2 mod' in the translation from Japanese language to English or the configuration of your keyboard - I don´t know. But it is defenitely no bug of the mod.

As your second screenshot shows, that the game cannot find the file X2_Pachacuti_mid_fwrd.flc, what is a file of the original C3C installation, I temporarily attache a zip file containing the forward and backward files of that leaderhead. I will delete this zip file soon, as these are original C3C files.

Edit: Attached file deleted

Last edited:
Top Bottom