CCM2 Epic Mod

Why has the unit Submarine no bombard function? The description mentions 12 torpedo tubes so it must have some bombard possibilities.

Attachments

• Submarine.jpg
    Submarine.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Submarine b.jpg
    Submarine b.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 112
Why has the unit Submarine no bombard function? The description mentions 12 torpedo tubes so it must have some bombard possibilities.

XTC, thank you very much for reporting this error! :) The 'normal' submarine simply was missed by me when the bombardment option was added to the subs.

I think i played first couple games on a small map filling all the spots for ai players and finishing them off at the end of ancient era. Then on a standard map till somewhat middle ages, which pretty much is enough for me, cuz huge map gives me laggs.
I guess it's just the way i play. I remember with regular games (no modes) the best chances to win on emperor - god levels is to fight early nearest ai players, cuz further you delay the stronger they get and suffocate you. So i've been using the same ol' strategy.))
But i see how the CCM game could be just enjoyable if you relax and have a peaceful game till future era.

If i may suggest the example of a good balance finance/maintenance and the way units getting stronger - it would be the classic Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun scenario, but the time line there is quite short))

Lock up in my city (which is in Russia) is officially over and i'm back to work. I just want to thank you one more time for your beautiful mode, that made my time on quarantine so enjoyable haha :goodjob:

Thank you very much for your additional report. Indeed this is the first report I have received about playing CCM on the tiny map sizes and here such a play-style is possible. The problem is, that CCM is concepted for playing at bigger maps and should -when possible- only be played with map sizes of 180x180 or above. The tiny map sizes - until now - only exist to fill the empty slots when starting the world builder.

Sting, thank you very much for your feedback and please stay healthy in these not normal times. :)

Hi Civinator, having the great wonder Big Airlift and conquered two Australian cities I noticed they were unconnected to the trade routes, despite having airfields. Why is it that trade only works for having (rail)roads and harbors and not for airfields?

Attachments

• Air-trade.jpg
    Air-trade.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Big Airlift.jpg
    Big Airlift.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 143
Hi Civinator, having the great wonder Big Airlift and conquered two Australian cities I noticed they were unconnected to the trade routes, despite having airfields. Why is it that trade only works for having (rail)roads and harbors and not for airfields?

XTC, the airports in CCM 2 have no tradenet function to speed up the game on big maps. Therefore the airtrade option in CCM2 is only available to a few buildings (the palace and some SWs). Unfortunately the aircraft-symbol, that is normally used to show , that there is an airport in the city, is connected to the tradenet function (the same with the harbor symbol), so in CCM2 when looking at a city on the map, you cannot see if there is an airport in the city. I changed the graphics for that airtrade symbol to coins to show that the city is connected via airtrade.

That is also the explanation, why in CCM2 you can trade with other civs very early in the game, when the capitals are not connected via roads. The trade option is possible, because both capitals have the airtrade flags in their palaces.

Attachments

• Airtrade.jpg
    Airtrade.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation, Civinator, now I also understand that coin symbol.

Hi Civinator, here is a tiny adjustment for the Civilopedia: the entry for the Ballistic Missile Launcher doesn't mention there is an upgrade to the Modern Launcher. And maybe you can mention at the Attack Helicopter entry that it only can be obtained via auto-production from a small wonder.

Attachments

• Modern Launcher.jpg
    Modern Launcher.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Ballistic Missile Launcher.jpg
    Ballistic Missile Launcher.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Attack Helicopter.jpg
    Attack Helicopter.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 129
XTC, your suggestions are noted for the next upgrade of the CCM2 civilopedia, so to gain the place for the additional entry in the Attack helicopter civilopedia entry will be a little bit difficult (but doable). :)

Thanks, Civinator. Nice word, by the way: "doable".

I have several Ballistic Missile Launchers, which all are now elite. It is a very effective weapon to use after air raids of bombers. Now I can upgrade those to the even more effective Modern Launcher but I can also wait for a leader to appear. But till now no leader appeared with that unit and I am beginning to think is it possible at all for a leader to appear after a bombard action? Maybe they are like the air and naval units which never give a leader.

I have several Ballistic Missile Launchers, which all are now elite. It is a very effective weapon to use after air raids of bombers. Now I can upgrade those to the even more effective Modern Launcher but I can also wait for a leader to appear. But till now no leader appeared with that unit and I am beginning to think is it possible at all for a leader to appear after a bombard action? Maybe they are like the air and naval units which never give a leader.

I have never received a leader by lethal land- or sea bombardment. This said, if I remember well, there were some posts, that this can be possible. At least the perequisite to become an elite land-unit is given for the Ballistic Missile Launchers and the Modern Launchers, as both have lethal land-bombardment - and therefore such an elite launcher could kill another land-unit, too and the result could be a leader. :think:

XTC, if you receive a leader by using the CCM2 launcher-units, please tell us about such a result.

XTC, if you receive a leader by using the CCM2 launcher-units, please tell us about such a result.

I will, Civinator, but I have a feeling that no leader will appear.

Another thing: The Barricades around Fortresses should automatically stop enemy ground units, but I noticed that it also stops friendly ground units.

Attachments

• Barricades around fortresses.jpg
    Barricades around fortresses.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 145
Civinator... Yes, we all Know that Air and Naval Units do not gain Great Leaders, however, Units can Gain Great Leaders if they are Land Units and become Elite. They do not need to be flagged as Foot Units and they can be Wheeled and also Transports.
I believe CCM2 launcher-units should gain Great Leaders. I have plenty of Wheeled and Wheeled Transport Units in EFZI2 Elite. Many have Lethal Land and even Sea Bombardment and they all Gain Great Leaders.

The Knox Class ship has radar, shouldn't an extra tile be visible?

Attachments

• Knox Class b.jpg
    Knox Class b.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Radar.jpg
    Radar.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Knox Class.jpg
    Knox Class.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 147
Hi Civinator, yes it happened, with an elite Ballistic Missile Launcher a leader appeared, see the pictures

Attachments

• Elite Ballistic Missile Launcher.jpg
    Elite Ballistic Missile Launcher.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Hakon the Red.jpg
    Hakon the Red.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 113
The Knox Class ship has radar, shouldn't an extra tile be visible?

In the Civ III instruction manual (pg.76) stands, that a unit looking over water can see twice as far, but I found nothing that explained this concept in detail (only landunits or seaunits, too ? Additionaly sight by radar (2+1) ??

Hi Civinator, yes it happened, with an elite Ballistic Missile Launcher a leader appeared, see the pictures

After the post of Vuldacon it was completly clear, that this can happen. Congrats about your leader, but a leader of the artillery of course should be Napoleon ! :)

Well, there is not much Nordic to see in Napoleon ;). Have you seen my note about the Barricades around fortresses? ( #649 )

Have you seen my note about the Barricades around fortresses? ( #649 )

Yes, I have seen it. As I never build barricades, I have no own experiences with them and wanted to see, what other civers are writing here (unfortunately they wrote nothing).

When looking at the Conquests manual (pg. 38), there stands, that barricades stop any unit from being able to move past the barricades until the next turn.
As any means any, this in my eyes includes the units of the builder of the barricades, too.

Yes, I have seen it. As I never build barricades, I have no own experiences with them and wanted to see, what other civers are writing here (unfortunately they wrote nothing).

When looking at the Conquests manual (pg. 38), there stands, that barricades stop any unit from being able to move past the barricades until the next turn.
As any means any, this in my eyes includes the units of the builder of the barricades, too.

Have not built them often either, but my limited experience(which has been a long time ago) with them is that a barricade not within any cultural borders will stop every unit and a barricade within cultural borders will stop only enemy units. But, as I said, it has been a while.

Thanks Civianator, Takeo and Vuldacon. You are right, within the boundary it won't stop the movement, but outside the border is does.

Top Bottom