CCM2 Epic Mod

I installed the old XP to play beside Linux Mint! :D
:cooool:
Now I am waiting for the new CCM2-epic-mod :grouphug:

greeting
Wotan49
:coffee:

Wotan49, I´m always happy when looking at your wonderful shrinked artillery units in CCM2. :)
As I know, that you are always interested in naval Civ 3 units, here is a screenshot of the new unit line of protected cruisers (coming with tech Explosives):

The sailing frigates ugrade to those units. There are also new unit lines for early and late armored cruisers and early and late predreadnoughts and of Dreadnoughts WW2.

Attachments

• Protected Cruisers.jpg
    Protected Cruisers.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,621
The CCM2 update is now ready for download. A big thank you very much to all civers who helped to finish this update. A special thank you very much to Takeo for his outstanding work in fixing the animations of more than 50 landunits and in improving the civilopedia. Another big thank you very much to all the great unit makers. What would be Civ 3 without your outstanding work?

:thanx:

You find the link to the download page in post 1 of this thread or directly here.

The update holds the following fixes and additions:

1. Fix of the reported errors (at least I hope they are now fixed :))
2. The production of settlers by great wonders of era 1 is speeded up by 1/3
3. Introduction of 'Great Naval Explorers' (like Hanno, Leif Erikson, Columbus)
4. No more mining of grasland or forest tiles.
5. The worker job 'plant forests' was moved to appear even later in the techtree
6. New techtrees in era 2 and 3
7. More tradeable techs in era 3
8. Improved civilopedia
9. Attack value of partisans dimmed down
10. Fixed animation speed of more than 50 units in CCM2
11. Addition of some new unit graphics for existing units
12. Addition of many new units:

a) New unit line for pirate ships: Privateer => Pirate Frigate => Commerce Raider => Normal submarines
b) New unit line for Protected cruisers: Protected cruisers => Light cruisers WWI => Light cruisers WW II
c) New unit line for Armored cruisers: Early armored cruisers => Late armored cruisers => Battlecruisers
d) New unit line for Predreadnoughts: Early Predreadnoughts => Late Predreadnoughts => Pocketbattleships
e) Enlarged line for desert units: Camel Musketeer => Napoleonic Camel Corps => Camel Corps => Foreign Legion => LRDG (Long Range Desert Group)

Jarovid, thank you very much for reporting that error :) and also thank you very much for your kind words about CCM2. :)

The new 'desert units' including the 'Camel Musketeer' were the last units that I have added to CCM2 and here I had not the time to do a complete check of these units. I will do a little patch to fix that problem (A new unit.INI), but for that patch I will wait a little bit, as it could be, that more errors are reported.

The newly added camel units include wrong Ini files (that name the attack.flc wrongly AttackA and sometimes even add a non-existing AttackB.flc) for the following units:

British Camel Corps
Camel Corps
Camel Musketeer
Madhist Camel Warrior
Napoleonic Camel Corps

Attached is a small patch that replaces the wrong INI-files of those units with correct ones. The patch only includes the new INI-files. Simply unzip the patch into your Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Art\Units folder (or the Art\units folder of your scenario, if you have installed CCM2 only as a scenario) and replace all old INI-files with the new ones.

Of course you can also correct those INIs of the newly added camel units manually.

I temporaly disabled the download link of the CCM2 mainfile until that patch is included into the new download of the mainfile so civers who download the mainfile after this post will have a download of the patched files in their mainfile.

The old conquest biq and CCM2.1 biq are replaced. If you start a new game, please use the new Conquest and CCM2.2 biqs at the download site.

The old update biqs hold an error for the techs Totalitarianism and WW2 Ships, as those techs still requested the tech Mass Production as a perequisite instead of the new tech Interwar period. So this doesn´t crash a current game, with those errors it is possible to reach WWIi techs before you have researched the WWI techs. The new biqs fix that error, but only for games that you have started with the new biqs.

Attachments

• Camelunits-Patch.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
upload_2018-5-28_18-42-46.png

It seems that Commerce Raider folder is completely missing from Art/Units folder

Jarovid, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) The unit is in the Art/Units folder, but it is named Raider and also has at present an INI-file with that name. When I have seen, that Conway´s named that type Commerce Raider, I changed the name from Raider to Commerce Raider, but forgot to rename the unit and its INI to the new name.

So in that case the folder of that unit must be renamed from Raider to Commerce Raider and the same must be done with the INI file of that unit. I will do that in the new upload of the mainfile. The beautiful ship is from the Confederate CSS Lousiana Class (that came too late for the US Civil War) and was created by Delta_Strife.

Problem solved, thank you.

One small suggestion, if I may. Druids (I play France) looks rather obsolete
in later eras, so maybe it's a good idea to upgrade them into Adventurers.

Gato class subs are called ruler and have zero movement.

Tigris of Gaul, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) The Gato Class indeed has the immobile flag. This error will be removed with a new version of the CCM2 and Conquests biqs. At present I cannot say, why your Gato additionally was named 'Ruler'. This problem normally only occurs if you upgrade a preplaced unit with the king flag in Debug Mode. The Gato doesn´t hold a king-flag.

Another one I can't find

Jarovid, this unit is really missing in the CCM2 units folder. Thank you very much for reporting this error. :) I will upgrade the 'camel patch' and add the missing unit of the Pelorus Class and the Commerce Raider to that patch and to the updated download of the CCM2 mainfile for civers, who are doing new downloads of CCM2.

One small suggestion, if I may. Druids (I play France) looks rather obsolete
in later eras, so maybe it's a good idea to upgrade them into Adventurers.

Suggestions and good ideas are always very welcome for CCM2 (and CCM1 and RARR, too). They are the most precious events that can happen to any mod.

Druids are HN-units, but the adventurers are not. So may be, an upgrade to a partisan (a modern HN-unit) would be better fitting. I don´t consider such an upgrade for holy men of the worldreligions, as I don´t want to harm the relgious feelings of any civer.

Jarovid and Tigris of Gaul, as you gave some very helpful input in your reports, I added both of you to the credits in post one of the CCM2 thread. :):)

In my current testgame with CCM2 I had the problem, too, that the autoproduced privateer was named 'ruler' and so are all its upgrades. I hope I have corrected this problem by removing the king-flag from the privateer (that was used to show the unit in the techtree) and to set it to an unavailable resource (that also let that unit show in the techtree).

There is also a small naming problem with the INI of the French protected cruiser Jurien de la Gravière that must be fixed.

In game, while scrolling all the way to the bottom of the civilopedia, the game crashes with this error: "Art\civilopedia\icons\units\SlavicSpear-sm.pcx"

Had two errors:
"Art\Units\Napoleonic Camel Corps\Attack A.flc"

"Art\Units\Suma Class\Suma Class.INI"

Hi Civinator! Thank you for your time and efforts in developing the mod. This time I have a little graphical suggestion:
Two earliest Roman units, Roman Archer and Roman Spearman are available from the start of the game and use graphic from the Republican era. Maybe you could consider giving them some pre-Roman appearance, i.e. using Bronze Italic units made by register?

Top Bottom