CCM2 Epic Mod

The bug that the AI tries to load an immobile unit into a ship is also fixed by the Flintlock mod.

No you should not have any problems by using the Flintlock mod during your game.

The best is to restart your game in the turn before your freeze with the Flintlock mod if you are playing with the GoG (or steam) version of Civ 3 Complete, as in this case you don´t have the problem with removing the multiplayer interface.

Okay, I am trying to install the Flintlock mod (C3X Release 15), but for some reason I can't install it.

- Extracted the mod in its own folder, copied that folder in the Civilization III Complete\Conquests installation directory (where my Civ3Conquests.exe is).
- I double click the INSTALL.bat. After that a command window opens up for a second, and nothing else seem to happen.
- No backup of the original unmodded .exe is created as stated in the readme ("Civ3Conquests-Unmodded.exe").

I have the GOG version of the game and W10. I did not try to run the RUN.bat, since it says that it is not so reliable.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently my antivirus doesn't like .bat files :mad:

Last edited:
I use the Flintlock mod with W10, too and all is working very well.

I attache some screenshots from my German translation of the flintlock mod (at that time with the R9 version of this mod). It is important, that the folder holding the files of the Flintlock mod, has the name of the installed version of the Flintlock mod (in your case C3X_R15). Your installation in the main C3C folder should look like this, but your unzipped Flintlock mod folder should be named: C3X_R15 (and not C3X_R9):

Now, inside your C3X_R15 folder (installed in the C3C main folder) klick on the Install Batchfile (marked with the red arrow).

A short message Found GOG executable in "Civ3Conquests.exe" should appear. Than a window appears with the message Mod installed successfully. Now your C3C exe is boosted by the Flintlock mod and a copy of your original C3C exe with the name Civ3Conquests-Unmodded will appear in your C3C main folder (see the files marked by the purple arrows in screenshot 1).

Playing C3C with the Flintlock mod holds a cornucopia of much better C3C gameplay. Good luck!

Civinator, thank you for your detailed reply, but it was my antivirus that messed up the installation.

All is well now, and the Flintlock mod did the trick, and the game did not freeze in the interturn.

I am using the default configuration for the mod. Looking at the options not enabled by default, I am thinking that the most tempting change would be to limit railroad movement. Obviously, this would be very penalising for the human player (especially in AW games), but the unlimited railroad movement of the original game is completely unrealistic.

Have you tried to change this setting? Do you think the AI can handle such a change (potential pathfinding issues)?

Hi @Civinator, I'm a little way into the Third Age of my current CCM 2.5 game using C3X_R13. Maybe this has already been fixed(?), but I just founded a new town, and the Industrial Core Center is already showing in its build-list, even though (according to the CCMopedia) that SWonder requires a Factory...

tjs282, thank you very much for reporting that error in the civilopedia about the Industrial Core Center. :)

In CCM 2.5 the setting is that 3 factories are needed to build that SW. So here one factory is wrong in CCM 2.5.

Indcorecity.jpg

In CCM 2.6 the prerequisite for that SW was changed to 1 factory. So now - accidentally :D - this entry became correct.

Hello everyone!
I'm having an issue I've never seen before: I'm playing a new game with Israel and after a long war with Britain I managed to defeat them. However, when I conquest their last city I'm not getting the usual message stating that said civ is now gone, which is weird because there are no more cities left (my guess is that maybe somewhere they have a settler). The problem is that if I do conquer that last city, when I finish the turn and the game gets to Britain's turn, the game autmatically crashes. There is no error message or anything, it just goes to desktop.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hello everyone!
I'm having an issue I've never seen before: I'm playing a new game with Israel and after a long war with Britain I managed to defeat them. However, when I conquest their last city I'm not getting the usual message stating that said civ is now gone, which is weird because there are no more cities left (my guess is that maybe somewhere they have a settler). The problem is that if I do conquer that last city, when I finish the turn and the game gets to Britain's turn, the game autmatically crashes. There is no error message or anything, it just goes to desktop.

Any ideas?

Thank you
That is the classical description of the houseboat bug (after loosing its last city the civ has a last settler on a boat). As it seems you triggered that bug yourself, there are two ways to solve this problem:

a) Find the boat that carries that settler and eliminate it before conquering the last city of the other civ.
b) Play with the Flintlock mod. This mod among many other wonderful features eliminates that bug.

The next version of CCM will be completely played with the Flintlock mod.

Roger commander, I'll track that damn boat down! :ar15:
Thank you for the help

PS: any way of temporarily eliminating the fog of war and show the map? :clap:

PS: any way of temporarily eliminating the fog of war and show the map?
There are again two options:

a) You start the round before conquering the last British city with the multiplayer tool, playing as Israel and Britain and while playing Britain you can see the location of that boat (or several such boats).

b) You build balloons to have a search for that boat.

I prefer to play with the multiplayer tool for searching that boat (that was the main reason for adding that tool to the CCM download) and when you know the location simply start the round without the multiplayer tool again as otherwise you would keep the multiplayer interface for the rest of the game.

Awesome!!
Thank you so much Civinator. You have no idea how much I enjoy this mod. It brings me back to 2001 :)

Inoé, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM. :)

Hi again Civinator.

I have done as it is explained in the guide on how to use the multiplayer tool to avoid the bug. However, once I have eliminated the settler and save the game, how do I continue the game in single player? If I close the game and the multiplayer tool and then restart the game and load the save file, the game still continues in hotseat mode, like here.
Captura de Pantalla 2023-08-31 a las 23.35.30.png
. Like here:

How do I bring the game back to single player?
Thank you

I believe Civinator intended for you to use the Multiplayer tool to find the Settler... Then reload your saved Game normally and kill the settler... then continue.
:yup: Yes, exactly. The use of the multiplayer tool serves only for spying out the location of the settler on a boat. Then you have to reload your last save file before using the multiplayer tool, navigate your ships to that location and eliminate that ship with the settler. Then you can conquer the last city of Britain without triggering that bug.

Much easier is to play the game with the Flintlock mod, as here that bug is fixed.

Aaaah! Right...
I'll try that, thank you. Won't there be the risk that the AI keeps moving the boat around the map? Because it'll take me a few turns to get there, let alone build a navy...
hahaha

Anyway, thank you both for the help.

i only got the Civ3ConquestsEdit that came with the game is there a better one must of the stuff u got on this does not so up

i only got the Civ3ConquestsEdit that came with the game is there a better one must of the stuff u got on this does not so up
I did most parts of the CCM mod long time ago with the Firaxis editor 1.00, as that editor is not holding the bug in the settings of scientific leaders, that the later Firaxis editor 1.03 unfortunately has.

Today for most parts I use the Quintillus editor, that you can find here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cross-platform-editor-for-conquests-now-available.377188/

The Quintillus editor allows settings, that cannot be achieved with the Firaxis editors, per example the settings for cultural victory points way above the possible settings allowed by the Firaxis editors. The bug with scientific leaders there is fixed, too and it allows a lot of other very interesting features, that cannot be done by the Firaxis editors, among them: Teleportation, Charm attack, deep water harbors and settings of additional landmark terrain. On the other side with the Quintillus editor I had some problems with the setting of icons for some special resources that now are possible with the Flintlock mod (but this is a special problem of the upcoming CCM 2.6, that was solved with a partial use of the Firaxis editors).

So CCM was created by a use of mixed editors. All in all the most important and the best is the Quintillus editor.

Top Bottom