Chalid Astrakein

Akbarthegreat

Angel of Junil
1. According to Chalid's and Gibbon's Pedia entries Chalid is a bad guy, switching bodies at will for his own entertainment. Then how is he the Empyrean's hero? Did Lugus convert him in some story I haven't seen yet? And in what way are Chalid and Gibbon connected?
2. Is there an Overlord to all the others? If yes, where and why does he hide?
3. I just read the Tale of Saverous(which is incomplete BTW, has anyone completed it?) from a link from an old post. Are there other stories/diaries like this of which extracts have been placed in the pedia? I'd be obliged if someone could provide me with the links:)

1. The Pedia describes Gibbon Goetia, not Chalid Astrakein, who simply was Gibbon's teacher for a time.
2. Not much is known abot the Overlords individually. They are truly chaotic creatures and constant rivals, so one can perhaps rise above the others for a time. However, three characters are closely tied to their existence: Danalin the Angel of Water, who dreams Hemah, Hemah, who dreams the Overlords, and Hastur the Archangel of Mammon, who influences the dreams of Danalin.
3. There's the Fall of Mammon (I think it starts on the Pool of Tears entry) and the Cycle of Beltane (In the Satyr entry).

A better answer to question 3 would be: No.

I don't think anyone except maybe Kael could really give an answer to that.

Chalid is not a bad guy at any point mentioned in the civilopedia. Gibbon wasn't all that bad in his early life either, before he came to embrace what he really is.

I personally like to think that Chalid is a redeemed former Emyr, who saw the light and now serves Lugus as penance for the crimes he committed as a priest of Ceridwen. However, this is mostly just my attempt to explain his violet tattoos. All tattoos mentioned in the cannon are demonic runes. We know that at least one other servant of Lugus, Mikel the captain of the Radiant Guard, was given such runes as a child by his father who was an Emry. Lugus is an enemy of the Queen of Secrets, and does prefer to reform the wicked rather than destroy them.

According to the scenarios, the corruption of the High Priests who ruled in Sabathiel's name was a uncovered when Auric Ulvin captured the Bannor capital and destroyed the Halls of Sabathiel. At the time, most of the still righteous Bannor had left their homeland to join Capria in her quest to rescue Donal Lugh from the Fane of the Lessers. After they purged the demons from the Throne of Hell, a very old Capria returned to rebuild her homeland. Her people remained firmly committed to Junil, but decided to join the Overcouncil and welcome The Empyrean into their cities in order to help them uncover corruption before it could again seize control of the hierarchy.

According to the scenarios, the corruption of the High Priests who ruled in Sabathiel's name was a uncovered when Auric Ulvin captured the Bannor capital and destroyed the Halls of Sabathiel. At the time, most of the still righteous Bannor had left their homeland to join Capria in her quest to rescue Donal Lugh from the Fane of the Lessers. After they purged the demons from the Throne of Hell, a very old Capria returned to rebuild her homeland. Her people remained firmly committed to Junil, but decided to join the Overcouncil and welcome The Empyrean into their cities in order to help them uncover corruption before it could again seize control of the hierarchy.

Thanks, and
Which scenario(s)?

Top Bottom