Champions of Mystara - Preview Thread

Thank you for the compliments.:)

Ares,
I'd love to make a full 4-era LH of this, but I don't think I'll probably get the time for it. I can't forsee having the time in the near future. Hopefully when I'm done my mod I can make some real world LHs but I can't guarantee anything at the moment.

Need to pad the pile of praise a lil more. Defintly worthy of it. I like the feiceness of it.

Like someone said, mybe be the best yet. I notice your one who's artistry can push the envelope.
LH's , one of the four pillers (Units, Graphics, Mods) reinforced collectively have Mad Civ3 arise to new heights that far exceed a 'suppose to be' superior model.

In comparasen to this work ,Civ4 come off looking like those comical renditions you can get drawn off yourself when on Young Street(Toronto)

That is a sweet LH there. Good to see the Mystara love still lives here.

Aargh! I realized I made an omission on what I thought was my final version of the LH pics on page 2. I forgot to replace the Ethengar LH with Rob's great Attila LH. I'll probably change that pic by the end of the week.

That is a sweet LH there. Good to see the Mystara love still lives here.

And it's good to see you around here on the Civ III forums.:)

T. A Jones,
I know what you mean about the Yonge Street artists. I'll probably think of your comment next time I'm downtown.;)

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love the new LH you are making :)

Thanks.:) I'm not making it though, it's been finished for a while.;) I've finished one era of the Eriadna LH, I'll be working on the second era soon and posting a preview of that.

:blush: Obviously the title to this thread is a little outdated...

Well, I just thought I'd give a little update. I am still working on this mod, though I haven't been to the forums for a while.

I have almost finished adding all the improvements. I've added the majority of the buildings and Great Wonders, and some of the Small Wonders. I'm just adding the final Small Wonders and then improvements will be practically complete. I am just going to finalize them after I finish the units so that I can finish some wonders that create units.

This is the second time I have redone buildings but as I can't keep redoing things or the mod will never get done I am going to leave things as they are.

After buildings I will start on the last major task of the mod... adding units. I have literally hundreds of units downloaded to sort through and decide which to use and which not too. I expect that even working on the units at a moderate rate will take a few months to complete, but after that the mod will be in the final stages of completion. I can't guarantee a lot of time to work on the mod in the upcoming months though. I'll have to see how things go. I will try to update this thread at least once a month though.:)

No, iz not dead.:)

I forgot something. I said that I'd nearly completed Small Wonders, then done buildings, but I forgot the ten "Spaceship" parts (Quest for Immortality).
They shouldn't take too long though, as at least I don't have to worry about Wonder Splashes for them.

I finished all the buildings, even adding a few more, Civilopedia entries and all. The only thing left to adjust for buildings is some wonders that generate units, which I will finish once I'm done adding units.

I had a little trouble with the 'Spaceship' parts, but finally sorted out the problems. Here's an updated look at the Quest for Immortality screen:

Attachments

• QImmPrev.jpg
    QImmPrev.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 84
Good job sorting out your problems with the space ship parts. The screen looks great as well.

Unit adding is coming along bit by bit. It takes a long time to sort through all my years of downloads and give different races or civs different units. I'll probably be making some requests for units when I'm almost done adding them because some of the categories are a little lacking in units.

Anyways, here's a redo of my King Thar leaderhead. He was my first leaderhead ever made but I had some things about it I were never overly happy with, and since Thar was one of my favourite Mystara characters, I just had to. Not a whole lot changed, but enough to make a difference.

Attachments

• TharPreview.jpg
    TharPreview.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 76
Hi Varwnos,
I've been thinking of reassessing my cities but I probably won't get to that for a little while. I was thinking of perhaps using one of the new sets you've created to replace one of my older sets, but I wanted to finish adding my units before I distract myself with another aspect of the game. Thank you for the offer.:) When I'm done the units I'll look into the cities and let you know.

Here's an update of the civilizations with leaders. The new Thar is there for the Broken Lands, as well as Rob's wonderful Attila for Ethengar.

There's also a couple of other changes.;)

Attachments

• MysCivs2008.jpg
    MysCivs2008.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 82
Someone should really change the thread name ~.

Besides that, cool idea.

It originally said 'Coming in 2006', which I had Plotinus change to '2007' last year. Unfortunately, last year didn't go so well for me in R.L. I've put off asking him to change it to 2008, even though I'm determined finally to get this mod done this year. It's been idle for much too long, but I've put a lot of work into it lately. I'll probably P.M. Plotinus, asking to change it, tomorrow. Thanks for the support.:)

Top Bottom