I would support:

• Total voters
  • Judicial Reform: Federal Judges serve up to 15 years, not for life
  • Federal term limits: congressmen can only serve X amount of terms
  • Abolishing the income tax
  • Making Presidential Election day a national holiday
  • Creating a national set of standards for election procedures
  • Creating a civil service test for ambassadors

All of these seem like they could just as easily be done without a constitutional amendment

Making Presidential Election day a national holiday
Creating a national set of standards for election procedures

...and of course ythe last two:

voted for "make election day a national holiday" and "i have another idea."

my other ideas would be an amendment to eliminate birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants and this other idea i've been throwing around in my head for some time.

I would like to see congressmen in teh House get their terms extended to 3 years, and have only 1/3 of the House up for reelection each year. that way, instead of having 1 year working, the other year campaigning for reelection, they would be working for 2 years before raising $ again. also, this would prevent the possibility (however slight it is) from having all freshmen congressmen in the House, where they wouldn't know what their doing without having veteran leadership.

I think everything that both me and Amadeus voted for ought to become law right this very second.

Election day a holiday- yes, and plus would be able to raise the 51% (around there) registered voter turnout up

Ban on flag burning- No. I mentioned this in another post, but burning of a flag is the way to dispose of an old, tattered flag that is unusable by cutting out blue field and cutting that in 1/2 again, then burn.

Arnold rule- Yeah, that needs to be changed. Arnold wouldn't really have a chance anyway, but no reason someone who moved here when they were 1 year old couldn't become president. As long as voters trust the foreigner, they would be American enough.

Civil service for ambassadors- I thought there was already some test to meet quualifications. Maybe it's just for diplomats, but I know that it is relatively easy to pass if you ever have a chance to become one.

New ones- D.C. gets to have votes in Congress (If I remember from Colbert Report correctly, they have a representative, but isn't allowed to vote.)

Electoral College thrown out and popular vote established.

More than anything else, I want the interstate commerce clause clarified and restricted. If that crap weren't so vague, we'd be in much better shape around here.

Judicial Reform: Federal Judges serve up to 15 years, not for life
I like this idea, though I don't think a constitutional amendment is in order.

No More Flag Burning: New Amendment banning the burning of the flag
This is wrong on so many levels. We can't sanctify some symbol, no matter how much it means to anyone. Besides, for the love of law, burning is the preferable way to dispose of a flag.

Federal term limits: congressmen can only serve X amount of terms
Yes. Yes. So much yes.

Repealing the 2nd amendment: hey, it worked for Europe??
Rather than repeal it, let's clarify it. Specify what "arms" are okay for the population at large, and specify how much "infringing" is okay. But don't repeal it completely.

Abolishing the income tax
What shall we replace it with?

I think this would backfire. I know a lot of people that would just goof off for the day rather than vote.

This is a good idea, but it doesn't belong in the constitution.

Creating a civil service test for ambassadors
This is also a good idea, and also doesn't belong in the constitution.

The Arnold Rule: Allowing non-americans to serve as president
No. The idea may be antiquated, but I think it's valid.

Leave everything the way it is. the framers got it right the first time
Mostly, but not perfectly. That's why we amend it. And anyway, "the way it is" isn't how "the framers got it".

I have a different idea
Clarify and restrict the interstate commerce clause. Hell, I'd trade my right to vote for that.

Creating a "safe district" in Ohio, so Downtown can get to Congress
Of course. But don't touch my constitution with it.

income tax is not in the constitution. Income is not profit. I am not a corporation. As for what to replace with, thats the problem. The government will get the money they need and there is nothing we can do about it.

I support a federal judge terms, congressional term limits, allowing naturalized citizens to vote, clarify the 2nd amendment, create a national electoral agency and a natural election day holiday.

Also, now that of think of it: more limits of the President's powers. It just too powerful as is.

Any suggestions?

The limits in place are enough. It's just that nobody's paying any attention to them.

-Judicial Reform: Federal Judges serve up to 15 years, not for life
-Federal term limits: congressmen can only serve X amount of terms
-Abolishing the income tax
-Making Presidential Election day a national holiday
-I have a different idea

Definitely add the amendment about any naturalized citizen becoming president. The "Arnold rule" gives every citizen a shot at becoming president, not just the ones born in the USA.

Federal term limits: congressmen can only serve X amount of terms.
In order for the engine of democracy to function smoothly we need fresh blood to lubricate its gears.

Abolishing the income tax
Something we can easily do without AND we don't have to tax the poor to compensate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairTax

Encourages more to vote. Considering more people vote for American Idol than in national elections, I'd say we need something like this.

So that we don't have as much confusion.

Top Bottom