Changing Max Unit Shield Cost

adz106

Chieftain
Has anyone has been able to edit the maximum shield cost for a unit (currently set at 1000). I'm guessing you'd probably have to hex edit the source code but this would be extremely useful for a WWII scenario I am making. Thanks.

if you had read the sticky at the top of this forum, you'd see that this isn't the place for questions, ask them in the main creations forum. its also more active than this one :)

I've done it ... easiest way is save the bi* uncompressed, set value you want to edit to a unique number say 999, 1000 etc. and then go at it using a hex editing program, search for the unit name and then the value. This also works to edit the cost to research a tech. What I have not been able to edit up is the A/D values of units .. tried but they stay at 1000 in game, i.e. when look at the unit after editing the value displayed is still 1000.

What I think is that 1000 is a programmed display limit, but since cost/tech is in turns to get it is harder to have 1000 occur. Just a guess at this point. Oh also when hex edit the cost over 1000 (say to 2500) the value may not be exact based on game diff (i think).

Top Bottom