chat office

disorganizer

Deity
This office is dedicated to the administration of our chatroom #demogame.

You will find news and infos on how to join the chat here. We will also post informations on how to register nicknames there, for example.

You can ask for help and request any kind of chat related stuff here.

Office officials
Head of office: Disorganizer
Deputy: Falcon02, TheGreyFox, Chieftess

Special Projects:
Chat Index Maintenance (Chieftess)

Chat Operators
Disorganizer (owner of room)
All Officials of the Chat Office
Additional Operators
President
Vice-President
Temporary Operators
Any of the above can declare another person operator for the time he visits. Normally, this is done with the designated player if both the president and the vice-president are not able to play the turnchat.

How to join the chat?
With a java client
You can use a special java client provided by civfanatics to connect to the chatroom. Be aware this client is only a workaround if you are not able to use a "real" chatclient like mirc. For example you will not be able to see multiple rooms at the same time.

With a "real" chat client
The best way to connect to the chatroom or to any other chat is to use a "real" irc chatclient, like MIRC.
* connecting to the server
This depends on the client you use. You will have to enter the servername "irc.webmaster.com" into this field.
* joining a channel
This also depends on the client. Normally you use the commands "/j [channelname]" or "/join [channelname]" to do so.
In MIRC, you would have to use "/j #demogame" to join the demogame chat and "/j #civfanatics" to join the normal civfanatics chatroom.
It is advisable to join both rooms, as off-topic discussion which may also be related to the game will often be in #civfanatics.

How to register your nick?
On chat systems, anyone can use your nick. To prevent others from using it or even imitating they were you, you can regsiter a nick with a password.
* how do i do this?
When you are at the chat with the nick you want to register, type into the command line "/nickserv register [password] [email-address]", where password is the password you want to set and email-address is a valid email address (you will be sent a confirmation mail which you have to comply to within 24 hours).

After you did this, you will have to enter "/nickserv identify [password]" every time in future you come to the chat.

Example:
email is "xxx@yyy.com" and password "zzz"
would be to register:
/nickserv register zzz xxx@yyy.com
and for login to the chat:
/nickserv identify zzz

How to become a chat deputy?
* Get elected for president or vice president for a temporary access to the operator right for free
* Pay 5000 gold to disorganizer. Pay 500 gold per lesson to the chat office for visiting the operator-school. 10 Lessons minimum. Pay 1000 gold for the exam to become a mod.

1) be polite
disregarding of the publically vaild netiquette will result in bans.

2) listen to the operators
if an operator tells you something, listen to him. if he tells you to stop something, stop it.
our chatroom is moderated, so if an operator decides to devoice you, you will not be able to talk there any more. keep this in mind. successive violation will result in a permanent ban from the room.

3) no clones
the usage of clones (duplicate logins with different names) in order to influence polls or confuse others.
exceptions can be made but must be announced in the chat and autorized by the designated player

4) no spamming, advertising or disturbing
any disturbing action like spamming or advertising will be proscecuted.

5) comply to the rules of the demogame
all rules of the demogame are full in effect in the chatroom. the action to be taken on a violation of those rooms is up to the designated player.

Chieftess and theGreyFox were granted operator rights in #demogame according to the rules as they are president and vice president.

I also thank chieftess for opping this office in #demogame_prg.

ct is the owner of the rpg-room. the chat office is only oppen in there to maintain the chat rules, not to service the room.
the only room we own and where we can set ops/nonops is #demogame.
maybe if chieftess would make us sop of #demogame_rpg? but then we would need rules about who to setup as mod there and who not ;-)

i herewith appoint thegreyfox as permanent operator in #demogame. due to injury of my hand, i wont be able to fully fullfill my duties and need another backup.

Dis, I wonder if the chat office could see its way clear to opping both myself and Octavian in time for the upcoming turn chat?

Thankyou :)

Dis - I'm signing the app for permenant chat op status.

Ct: So do you have the money ready?
The signing in will cost you 5000gold :)
Then you will have 10 lessons for 500 gold each.
Then 1000 gold for the exam.
So a total of 11000 gold is needed :p

Anyways, for you i have a special offer:

* You work out a way to maintain the chat index with the mods and the president
* You promise to update the chat index after every chat.
* You will be resposible for the info there. Fully. With all consequences. For all time.

I offer you a deputy positon for 10g/tc for that.

Anyways, for you i have a special offer:

* You work out a way to maintain the chat index with the mods and the president
* You promise to update the chat index after every chat.
* You will be resposible for the info there. Fully. With all consequences. For all time.

I offer you a deputy positon for 10g/tc for that

Ok, I accept, it's a deal. Just give my 56k modem a chance, though. :p

OK. Now it official that ct is a deputy of the chat office.
Please
a) update your rpg registry so you also gain additional 10g/tc to your 40g/tc leader position
b) get in contact with pres and mods asap on organizing your project.

i will put up ops for you immediately.

also, the pres and vice ops are updated.

Top Bottom