The Case Against George W Bush

War crimes, torture, and murder don't have a statute of limitations.

Personally, a decade of some people continuing to support a bad, bad, BAD decision makes me more likely to vote and/or pay attention to them.

Wait ... no, "less likely." Sorry. I get confused sometimes, because this was a really tough decision. But, after much thought, I finally decided that if somebody is wrong for 10 years, again and again, I've got to come down on them being less credible.

Less.

Personally, a decade of some people continuing to support a bad, bad, BAD decision makes me more likely to vote and/or pay attention to them.
It's one thing to be critical of the (still unknown) reason for toppling Saddam, but the withdrawl has proven to also be a "bad, bad, BAD" decision.

It's one thing to be critical of the (still unknown) reason for toppling Saddam, but the withdrawl has proven to also be a "bad, bad, BAD" decision.

Thats what happens sometimes when you make one superbad choice. Only more bad choice remains.
Bud I am afraid there are people who dont mind the permanent destabilization of Iraq and who like ISIL and think they can use it for their purposes. In fact I think its probable that ISIL receives secret help from Sauds and maybe even US.

how else do you repair a mistake if the mistake was invading?

you withdraw...

Iraq will partition in spite of us and it should, let us not be in the way any more

Best thing Bush did was agreeing to leave

I stated they were extreme acts, not extremist acts.

I imagine the vast majority of rational adults in the world today consider going to war on the basis of intentional lies and deceit which resulted in the deaths of over 150,000 civilians, as well as the torture and murder of countless others to be extreme and reprehensible. Apparently you have no difficulty supporting such acts, much like 33% of the population of the US in 2007 long after they should have abandoned all support for this war based on the facts.

Yet you call me "extreme". :lol:

The Golden Dawn Party in Greece comprises over 10% of the population. 100% of that extremist group are extremists. So are the survivalists, skinheads, KKK, and any other white supremacist group.

33% of the population is too large a group to be extreme, so you defeat your own argument. You
can call it many things, but that is not one of them.

However, your attitude does fit the description. The other groups are not relevant. Why bring them up?

J

I would guess Hitlers support was over 80% most of the time. Surely he must have been a decent guy.

Saddam Hussein was the best leader of any middle eastern country until the US did what they did.

RIP.

Saddam Hussein was the best leader of any middle eastern country until the US did what they did.

RIP.

The difference between Hussain and USA is that in Hussains time there was stability, health care and prosperity with much less people dying while now its torn out country with sectarian violence.

God bless USA

Hussain also favored and strongly pushed a secular government in Iraq. It was after the war that the country dissolved into the more extremist and Islamist movements we have today.

The US ruined the stability and created most of todays so called 'terrorism' in that part of the world.

Hussain also favored and strongly pushed a secular government in Iraq. It was after the war that the country dissolved into the more extremist and Islamist movements we have today.

The US ruined the stability and created most of todays so called 'terrorism' in that part of the world.

I think the same goes for Asad in Syria. Colonel Kaddafi may have been pain in butt sometimes but what is happening now in Libya is a complete disaster.

Btw guys who you think was the worst? I think Saddám was a real nut while Kaddafi had even good relation with some westernes. I guess Asad is in the middle.

But it wasn't a exgtreme position, which is the point of 1Jhawk
You mean that is your personal opinion, which the vast majority of the world would vehemently disagree.

At least some of those in this forum we knew disagreed with the OP are finally starting to post.

Iraq consisted of three disparate groups held together by a dictator. When there was reasonable prosperity that went fairly well. The US said "dictator bad" and imposed economic sanctions.

With declining prosperity keeping the three groups away from each other's throats became far more difficult and involved bloodshed. The US said "dictator is killing people now, told you he was bad" and ginned up an excuse to invade.

US kicks over dictator, but has absolutely not the first clue how this country could be governed any other way. US does not acknowledge "wow, thinking that we knew better how to make this work turns out to have been pure arrogance on our part" because US is far too arrogant to ever say such a thing.

Civil war will continue until new dictator emerges and purges dissent in a mind boggling gush of blood. Thanks America.

Furthermore, Hussein was our own puppet dictator until he supposedly misunderstood that the GHWB administration didn't tell him that invading Kuwait was OK with them.

Link to video.

Top Bottom