The Case Against George W Bush

Sure it does, CH said the place was more stable when the troops were there. Iraq was bloodier then and became less so when our troops were leaving or gone.

Things had settled down in the early part of President Obama's first term because things were eventually going their way, with the militants none existent. Had the Americans stayed in Iraq we would not be having this destabilisation happening right now. Just recently from 2014 when the troops left did the body count start to rise again. Kind of proves what I said how the removal of the troops left a vacuum that got filled by Islamic State.

You mean that is your personal opinion, which the vast majority of the world would vehemently disagree.

At least some of those in this forum we knew disagreed with the OP are finally starting to post.

Now you are making things up. I grant that the bulk of Islam opinion would say so, but that is only 25%.

J

Now you are making things up. I grant that the bulk of Islam opinion would say so, but that is only 25%.

J

You don't have to be a Muslim to recognize that "hey let's butcher some Muslims for profit" is an extreme position.

Things had settled down in the early part of President Obama's first term because things were eventually going their way, with the militants none existent. Had the Americans stayed in Iraq we would not be having this destabilisation happening right now. Just recently from 2014 when the troops left did the body count start to rise again. Kind of proves what I said how the removal of the troops left a vacuum that got filled by Islamic State.
Unless you were willing to volunteer to join the Australian contingent in Iraq, stop saying how America should have remained there to have our citizens shot and killed by a country that wasn't particularly fond of us being there at the best of times.
A couple of my friends have served in Iraq and I have no desire to see them hurt or killed because an Aussie on the far side of the world thinks they should have remained there to get shot and killed.

It's funny how authoritarian conservatives from all over the world don't seem to mind one bit that American soldiers act as their proxies for just about any nonsensical conflict.

Things had settled down in the early part of President Obama's first term because things were eventually going their way, with the militants none existent.

You said removing troops created instability, but now you say things settled down when the troops were being removed? Stop spinning

Had the Americans stayed in Iraq we would not be having this destabilisation happening right now.

The destabilization was inevitable... This is a centuries old civil war among Muslims and Iraq is the main front in the battle. The destabilization in Syria helped induce this latest flare up in Iraq, but the data I linked clearly shows there was more instability when our troops were there.

Just recently from 2014 when the troops left did the body count start to rise again. Kind of proves what I said how the removal of the troops left a vacuum that got filled by Islamic State.

The troops were leaving in 2007 and were gone by 2011. We're arguing past each other, neither of us know what Iraq would look like if we still had an army there, but the reality is the last time we did the place was more violent and it became less violent as we left.

... neither of us know what Iraq would look like if we still had an army there,...

Being that the Iraqi government was insisting we leave, and being that the violence of the population was being more and more targeted at the "invaders," I think it's a fair guess that our staying would have unified all of Iraq into a war to drive us out.

It's still true. You have not a factual leg to stand on.
Then I'm sure you won't mind actually providing those supposed facts for a welcome change, as I have already done. Facts which you have still not even tried to dispute because you clearly cannot do so.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Then I'm sure you won't mind actually providing those supposed facts for a welcome change, as I have already done. Facts which you have still not even tried to dispute because you clearly cannot do so.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Excellent quote. It, and he, should be used as a mirror.

J

Still no facts to support your own personal opinions and to dispute the ones I have provided? Nothing to show that GWB doesn't belong in prison for the rest of his life for his crimes against humanity?

So he is imitating you by standing on a fantasy?

He's a dyed-in-the-wool conservative, as far as I can tell. To him, his opinions on what any given term means in human language are exclusively "factual", just like how Fox News is "fair and balanced". There's absolutely no question that he was born right.

Still no facts to support your own personal opinions and to dispute the ones I have provided? Nothing to show that GWB doesn't belong in prison for the rest of his life for his crimes against humanity?

Actually, that ball is your court. You are claiming

You mean that is your personal opinion, which the vast majority of the world would vehemently disagree.

At least some of those in this forum we knew disagreed with the OP are finally starting to post.

Please provide factual support.

J

Unless you were willing to volunteer to join the Australian contingent in Iraq, stop saying how America should have remained there to have our citizens shot and killed by a country that wasn't particularly fond of us being there at the best of times.
A couple of my friends have served in Iraq and I have no desire to see them hurt or killed because an Aussie on the far side of the world thinks they should have remained there to get shot and killed.

Here, here! I'm so tired of hearing people like c_h advocating war when they themselves are unwilling to pick up a rifle and put their lives on the line for the wars they advocate.

Chickenhawks are, in my opinion, among the worst types of people on the planet.

Top Bottom