[BTS] Churchill & The Mysterious Ladies (BTS Immortal game)

The spoiler I picked had 2 it in. Although 1W is fine. Happy with BW. Slavery is nice for whip for the WB.

Can't be on here 24/7 waiting for Lymond to get out of bed. :D

I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed

Play on with what we gathered :)
I will be out for the evening, expecting some progress tomorrow ;)

Whip for the worker should be better, Gumbo.
Boat with overflow or chop if needed.

100% science, but de-selecting tech ;)
If we all agree on BW thou, it's pointless anyways no AI can have it so fast.

Yes 0% science for first few turns. Workboat build with 3f growth. We'll let Bright eyes lead the charge.

wait..so play a few turns? Gumbo, you wanna go? You got da BAT, no?

yeah, use cow to grow on workboat, then start worker at size 2?

So don't select tech for a few turns just to see more of the land? Probably won't change BW choice I think?

Yup cow for size 2, then getting worker ready for whipping.
30h minimum are needed, can stop at that point anyways.

Have to run sorry :)

Okay one last edit lol, if you are sure it's Oasis SIP might be slightly better, but all up to you guys.

Don't party to hard! ;)

Having opened the save, I think that desert tile is definitely Oasis.

Watcha think, Gumbot? I think if you like SIP instead, we can get consensus on doing that. I think we're fine either way, so no harm. Spices can be grabbed by city over there.

Well the spoilers gave 1 and 2. If we settle in place we get more commerce from desert tile after border pop?

yep, it'd be a bit of a boost..better at start

Looking at first picture Mylene post. That desert tile might actually be just desert. These maps are low food maps.

Well, I guess it could be, but then the map would not be standardized. My indicated that Ring was so. In that case it has to be Oasis or Flood Plain, but it doesn't like flood plainy to me.

Also 1W gets us 1 more grassland tile plus a river grassland once we chop that forest.
So maybe 1W is better? Also note desert tile on island below us.

To be a flood plain it needs a river. Much less likely on a ring map.

Ok..let's just go 1W then since it IS unknown, and we agreed to it already. No use debating this further I think.

I'll go ahead and play to the worker whip, so My has something to see when she returns.

You made a decision. Are we trying to win game or win game amazingly? I guess for now we can get micro spot on. I agree with your logic. If I am wrong I will take the hit here.

Wow...tile was just desert so 1W was definitely the best move...and far west was just more desert and no seafood

Land looking pretty crappy so far

Ok, played til the turn BW arrived. Worker is at 30/60 this turn as well, so can be whipped right after switch to slavery, but holding until My comes back.

We met this lovely lady (so mysterious) ..I think she is up N somewhere:

Spoiler :

Also, we met Justy who came from the East, but missed screenie:

Here is the land:

Spoiler :

Not spectacular from a food perspective, but we do have bronze to the W, so likely second city option over there somewhere. Maybe rice/copper city. I assume we want all coastal cities.

Started bringing the warrior back as didn't want to enter flat fog any further and possibly lose warrior. We can send him east or just keep him around there to bust for second city. 1W of rice seems to be a good bust spot.

If we feel we can wait for pop for bronze, then 1E of rice seems a good second spot right now. Or we go for something closer and more secure like 1E of bronze..not great food (does get ..um..PH sheep ..ha) but good early production and axes. Izzy might send us Buddhism early.

Oh and bronze city should give insta trade route too.

Kinda odd choices after that to the west. A seafood above where Justy's scout is could make settling on silk decent for that area. And rice could be rice/dye later, or just settle later 1NE of rice (lots of desert, but a couple of FPs and a hill.

edit yeah, more I think about it, bronze city 3W seems most logical for fastest stuffs.

So, question is tech. Seems we want that cow, but lots of teching there. We have sketchy rice tile eventually, but hunting>AH would be faster. Then, there the question of making a play for GLH asap. We can at least mine and chop things for now. I'd think on Deity, if GLH is priority, then you'd have to go that route now. Some leeway on IMM, but GLH can still go pretty fast on this level.

Scout WB seems like a good thing too on this map, if we can fit it in somehow.

Attachments

• Church BC-3440.CivBeyondSwordSave
    37.9 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
1w was a good call. Desert as predicted.

One AI has a size 4 city. Has Mylene given 1-2 of the AI a few headstarts??

This map looks tiny? Will the Ai be able to get more than 3-4 cities??

Unless we want spearmen I see no use for hunting. We have no deer, ivory or anything else useful. Agriculture has some minor use. +1 food.

GLH is okay but on a small map will it really pay off hugely? If we take out Justin maybe? We can't attack the ladies. We will want a galley to work those sheep eventually.

Right gotta get ready to head out. Look at this again tomorrow.

wow i was rather wrong with my Ring tests Oo
I saw many good starts with normal tiles, but here now desert tiles are common..

I did not change anything with the map Gumbo we played the autosave, why would i do that ;)
Nice that you settled 1w thou.

Rather poor start yup, i think that makes the land look smaller.
With better quality, what we see could already be 4-5 cities.
Size 4 city AI might have one of those good starts i saw (and fooled me) :D

Seems to be more floodplains north around clams, that could be a strong city but not sure how close the AI will be later.
Agree that keeping our warrior would be important thou, to secure copper area.
We could send him further once we are settled.

Copper city 1E of Rice would not give trade routes i think, on Ring we would need roads for the other sea side.

We will need another warri for east, after the boat and i think we should whip the worker after slavery switch with no OF and chop instead. Also gets us towards that warrior.

Difficult start for sure, Copper city with the crappy island sheep would be best if we would not need a galley lol..
but maybe it's still best despite that problem, could be used as city that works only copper and builds us some workers, settlers or Axes without bothering with growth for a longer time?
Could be one small benefit of BW first, using a city like that.

Another city NE of Rice would get 2 floodplains + 1 river hill later and some forests, not terrible and with our land quality so far we may have to split them like that anyways. Hopefully east there's something better.

Agri would probably be better, we could farm cows.
That's not great for sure, but if we find no other animals we may want to skip 2 extra hammers and tech something else instead..4f tiles benefit slavery at least a bit.

Last edited:
I was referring to Copper/Lamb for the trade route, and agree that the payoff is the production from the copper itself. There's just not much else of note visible at the moment. Copper/Gyro can focus on workers/settlers while cap maybe pays the bills with GLH, if we go for that. Unfortunately, we will need TW at some point if we want axes..but land might be bustable the way it is laid out.

Tech decision probably the most important thing right now

Top Bottom