1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cigarette brands- smoking thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, Nov 22, 2011.

1. civver_764

civver_764 Deity

I thoroughly enjoyed my first cigarette. The disincentive was the price. But now that I roll them I can have a month's worth of cigarettes for under 10 bucks. Needless to say I'm on the losing path to further addiction.

2. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

I just love that illusion !

3. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton How much Parmesan to put on your umbrella?

I used to smoke Marlboro, Lucky Strike and Gauloises, with a focus on Marlboro, but still a lot of variation between the three.
    Since I roll them by myself for economic reasons (but it also makes me smoke less, which is a plus - not that I wouldn't switch in a heartbeat if ready-to-smoke cigs weren't so damn expensive by now - I like to call smokers the modern Jews of tax), well since then I am kind of lost.
    I tried this and that brand, but none really satisfied me so far. I guess I am looking for a roll tobacco that tastes the most like the fabricated cigarettes I used to smoke, but just buying the same brands didn't do the trick so far. So I'll keep experimenting.
    Yeah Stephen King said he was a better writer when he smoked, but that he decided to rather be a worse writer who lives longer.

4. Colonel

Colonel Sandbox

I used to smoke Marlboro Reds when I started smoking back when I was 15. Then I quit for a long time and when I picked up smoking in July 2010 I started smoking Marlboro Menthol Lights. I don't really know the reason for the change but I think sometime in the next six months I might quit again, only to pick it up again in a few years.

5. Rashiminos

Rashiminos Fool Prophet

In proper portions, mental clarity is a gain, not a loss. The problems come from overdoing it and smoking the additives. Addiction is worsened by an underlying brain chemistry problem (underlied by poor recommended diets). Nicotine provides a material that the brain can use to run more efficiently, but many of the materials in a typical cigarette are not good to smoke.

6. MaxWar

MaxWar King

I smoked mark-tens for ten years but i quit 2 years ago. Im glad i did, would not go back for 5000$. One of my work colleague had a stroke yesterday while on the job. Crashed right on the floor, a lifelong smoker. Fortunately he seems to be recovering pretty well. Now he swears he's gonna quit :p

7. Tycho Brahe

Tycho Brahe Emperor

I don't smoke and never did.

But the history of tobacco is fascinating. :)

People of culture and refinement invariably PREFER egyptian cigerettes. :D

My stepfather used to chainsmoke Dunhill, and later Player's. Then he died from cancer.

Isn't there any greek brand of cigarettes around? There is (used to be?) a production of "turkish" tobacco in the former ottoman countries.

Attached Files: