Cigarette brands- smoking thread

Smoking is something I do very rarely, purely for the enjoyment of the ciggarette's taste. Honestly, I really like them with a coffee, after a huge meal every once in a while, etc. Not to mention for a break at the bar (I've found one of the best ways to get a girl away from the crowd is the old "wanna go for a smoke?" routine). Again, its sparingly, especially since I quit smoking the other dehydrated plant matter. I feel rather disgusted if I smoke more than 1 in a day or a few days in a row.

Smoking is something I do very rarely, purely for the enjoyment of the ciggarette's taste. Honestly, I really like them with a coffee, after a huge meal every once in a while, etc. Not to mention for a break at the bar (I've found one of the best ways to get a girl away from the crowd is the old "wanna go for a smoke?" routine). Again, its sparingly, especially since I quit smoking the other dehydrated plant matter. I feel rather disgusted if I smoke more than 1 in a day or a few days in a row.

I usually go for the "wanna let me snort a line off your ass?" routine.

My lawyer says Im not allowed to do that one anymore.

In short; I dont always smoke cigarettes, but when I do I prefer Belmonts*

*Like all middle class, slightly intellectual, white Toronto youth

I've always smoked Lucky Strikes in honour of the GI's who died to liberate my country.

I smoked French Gauloises at the time of the war in Iraq. But it didn't last long.

*Like all young, middle class, slightly intellectual, white Toronto youth

Hey now, I don't ever remember smoking Belmonts :p ;)

I smoked du Maurier Special Milds when I was in high school and Marlboro Light when I was in my early 20s. I gave up tobacco smoking for good about 3 years ago.

Nat Shermans here. MCDs if I can get them, Classics if not. Natural American Spirits if I can't find Nat Shermans.

People posting about how bad smoking is can put a sock in it. We are all intelligent people here; we know smoking is bad. It is written right on the damn box.

No other pipe smokers ?
I have four or five Falcon pipes and use Erinmore mixture.
Might get one of those water pipes

1st cigarette I ever smoked was a Marlboro light when I was in the 10th grade. Didn't pick up smoking until I was 18 and it started with Camel regs. Then I switched to Marlboro reds the cowboy killers. Then I found Lucky Strikes filterles s and that gave me a huge rush and nearly puked the 1st time I smoked them. When I went to Germany I found Djarum clove cigarettes or however you spell it. Smoked those for a few years. Went to Iraq and went back to Marlboro Reds. Now I dont smokes cigarettes anymore just the other stuff.

I used to smoke, incidentally, when I was in a bar.
A beer is nice complemented with the occasional cigarett it's better :)

But nowadays we aren't allowed to smoke in bars anymore and I'm to lazy to go outside for it :p

No I smoke very incidentally when I'm with friends at someones place and most of the time it aren't cigarettes :mischief:

I smoke pretty much everything, but I lean towards full flavor. Sad thing is that I like Camel, but here there's only one variation of it: Camel Filters.

Camel Filter Hard Pack Kings

I started on Marlboro and quickly (and i mean like within a couple of weeks) switched to Camels. I have gone through phases over the years where I temporarily smoked something else for a month or two, but I always reverted back to Camels. I would guess that in the 25 years and 7 months that I've been smoking, 24 years of that has been Camels. Some of the others that I've smoked for more than just "hey buddy, can I bum one" are...

Benson and Hedges Gold
Lucky Strike Filters
Winston Kings
Newport
Salem Lights
X-tra A

Menthols are nice for a break, but that's about it.

Eh, tobacco is a generally crappy drug. I have been known to occasionally smoke a cigarette when drinking with my smoker friends, but it takes large amounts of alcohol and smokers around me to make me have any desire at all to smoke.

I have tried snus as well now that they've appeared here. My favorite is the frost flavor of Camel Snus. Those are the only tobacco product I've ever bought for myself, but even then only around three times ever.

Nicotine is the only substance that I've tried a number of times and never really liked. Dodged a bullet on that one...

As someone who has broken a 20 year nicotine addiction recently (and thus become the annoying reformed non smoking advocate) , I would like to shamelessly plug a book by Allen Carr called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking . There is no way I could have done it without it , and as the title says , it was frankly ridiculously easy with it's help. The book is a revelation .

I'll resist the urge to spruke it's message , but needless to say every addict posting here would love to stop . Trust me , this book is genius .

No, actually, I don't want to stop. I enjoy smoking. I've tried many times because family harass me and such, but I don't want to stop.

No, actually, I don't want to stop. I enjoy smoking. I've tried many times because family harass me and such, but I don't want to stop.

It's my belief that this enjoyment is actually an illusion . The "enjoyment" is merely returning to a state that the non-smoker enjoys all the time (the state of ones body not craving nicotine which is briefly appeased by the cigarette). When considering the countless negatives of smoking vs the one alleged benefit ( which I believe can easily be dispelled as false) , if this myth can be exposed for what it is , the incentives to quit are clear.

However , if was reading this post 2 months ago written by someone else I would be like " bugger off , this thread is for smokers" so I'll leave it at that . But if this has got yours or anyone elses interest , I would love to continue via PM ( or better yet , just read the book ) . I note you are a fellow car salesperson so I may get some credibility :)

I have yet to smoke personally, but If I ever find the occasion, I've had stores recommended to me so that I may roll my own (or get them from a person who does not contaminate the tobacco with so many 'additives').

It's my belief that this enjoyment is actually an illusion . The "enjoyment" is merely returning to a state that the non-smoker enjoys all the time (the state of ones body not craving nicotine which is briefly appeased by the cigarette). When considering the countless negatives of smoking vs the one alleged benefit ( which I believe can easily be dispelled as false) , if this myth can be exposed for what it is , the incentives to quit are clear.
Nicotine is a brain stimulant. That effect is very real.

I have yet to smoke personally, but If I ever find the occasion, I've had stores recommended to me so that I may roll my own (or get them from a person who does not contaminate the tobacco with so many 'additives').

Nicotine is a brain stimulant. That effect is very real.

Undoubtably . The illusion is that it is a pleasurable effect . All living things know how to discern poison from nourishment , thus everyone one of us hated our first cigarette . We all had to work hard to become smokers .

Think about it this way . The first few drags of a long anticipated cigarette appear pleasurable , but this is merely the appeasement of nicotine withdrawals . Do you really enjoy it as much as the cigarette draws to it's conclusion? No , the craving has been satisfied . No smoker contemplates quitting while looking forward to a ciggy after a meal or with a drink , it is usually as one stubs one out that the question "Do I want to continue to do this?" crosses ones mind . I dont recall being halfway through a delicious steak questioning whether I want to eat steak again .

I truly respect smokers as intelligent , good people and the current fear campaigns implying we are all idiots for smoking are frankly insulting . We are simply nicotine addicts who have unfortunately tricked ourselves into believing that meals , sex , social occasions , changing a lightbulb etc are enhanced by smoking . Once this myth is dispelled in our minds , the remianing issue of breaking the nicotine addiction is simple .

Please understand I say all the above in good faith and out of respect . This has been the best 2 months of my life and I simply wish to share what I have learnt and let people know that if they want to quit using NO WILLPOWER and only having to put up with a few days extremely minor cravings , it works.

Top Bottom