[R&F] City-States Expanded

oh wow

i was actually going to put off civ6 for a while until this was updated

and then, just as i'm about to fire up oxygen not included...

I never realized before that the Consular city-states now can grant extra favors instead of extra loyalty. Nice. The loyalty stuff always felt off. And it also makes the diplomatic play more challenging since the human player is usually ahead in culture, and so eassily accumulates more suzerainties. Great idea.

I've always thought the extra amenities from entertainment CS was entirely superfluous (I very rarely get into amenity trouble). Will there be an alternate ruleset to give us a different bonus for them, like (say) +1 or +2 gold, +1 culture? that might actually encourage me to pursue entertainment states...

[DUP] "Aynook" is part of the city names list for Phenicia. Would you consider changing the name for Aynuk? Maybe Hermonassa/Tamantarkhan would make a good replacement?

Last edited:
Question: how does this interact with the automatic walls City States now get after the latest patch on higher difficulties? Does this strengthen them even further (they are already quite robust now)?

While I like this mod, the description (when browsing the Steam workshop) should tell us that sovereignty no longer gives diplomatic favor. I found this out the hard way after playing a few games. This changes some early game strategy. Becoming sovereign early (with 1st visited + quest + goody hut) in order to build diplomatic favor early doesn't work. And thus moving Amani around to generate era score has less drawback. Also, while you're at it, fix the description of Consular city-states in the above description of new types -- you changed it so they do not increase loyalty, instead they provide diplomatic favor. Thanks!

this is not fully compatible with septemer game update, will you guys manage to update this soon? :)

Are you sure? I haven't noticed any real problem that wasn't actually caused by Concise UI (which has awful cross-mod compatibility anyway).

[BUG] I think the Great Kiva has a "can't be built next to each other" requirement that is not actually stated in the civilopedia entry.

Apologies if this is not one of the CS from this mod (it doesn't appear on the OP, but not sure how up-to-date that is) but I've just become suzerain of Mantua, a cultural CS. It bonus gives +3 influence per turn and envoys generate +1 culture. I'm getting the influence but not the culture from envoys.

Are you sure? I haven't noticed any real problem that wasn't actually caused by Concise UI (which has awful cross-mod compatibility anyway).

[BUG] I think the Great Kiva has a "can't be built next to each other" requirement that is not actually stated in the civilopedia entry.

Concise UI is switched off.
Also no mod for lower warmonger penalties works for me :(

When this will be compatible with September update?
This and the steam one doesn't work, even if i put off the "not compatible warning" in mod list

When this will be compatible with September update?
This and the steam one doesn't work, even if i put off the "not compatible warning" in mod list

Steam version is working absolutely fine and is not marked as incompatible.

Does anyone know how to make this compatible with CQUI? It looks super cool, but I can't go back to the horrible vanilla interface.

I am going to message this here if you guys didn't get my other messages, I don't know if you check the other outlets. Thanks for you time.

Hey, @ChimpanG could you fix this typo in CSE_ShahrESukhte.sql. It causes problems with Better Report Screen mod. Infixo, has a topic about it, here is the copy of it:

CIVITAS CityStates
If you want to use this mod together with BRS, you need to fix a small typo that causes some issues in BRS's scripts.
In the file CSE_ShahrESukhte.sql there is line 32:
('CSE_SHAHR_E_SUKHTE_CULTURE_PEACE', 'YieldTYpe', 'YIELD_CULTURE' ),
It should be YieldType. Lua is case-sensitive and YieldTYpe is unrecognized by the script.

Hi, I think this mod is giving me a ui error that prevents the display and interaction with city states. Currently the city state menu only allows me to see a single city state, the one I met last. I originally thought this was an issue with CQUI but I now think its an issue with CIVITAS after checking the lua log. I'm not knowledgeable about programming so I don't know exactly how to fix this. If anyone could help that would be great.

I found this in the log:
Runtime Error: CityStates.lua:1026: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
CityStates.lua:1026: in function 'AddCityStateRow'
CityStates.lua:1089: in function 'ViewList'
CityStates.lua:694: in function 'Refresh'
CityStates.lua:1904: in function 'OnInfluenceChanged'
[C]: in function 'func'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'

Then it follows with this error before repeating:
Runtime Error: ...\DLC\Expansion2\UI\Replacements\ActionPanel_Expansion1.lua:175: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
ActionPanel_Expansion1.lua:175: in function 'RealizeEraIndicator'
ActionPanel_Expansion1.lua:167: in function 'OnRefresh'

Experimenting has shown me that this problem appears to be a conflict between CSE and CQUI somehow. If anyone could help me resolve this I would be grateful

Okay, did I hallucinate that a previous version of this mod switched Mohenjo-Daro to an agricultural city-state? Because recently every time I saw that city state, it was a cultural city-state and I could swear in the older version it was agricultural

Okay, did I hallucinate that a previous version of this mod switched Mohenjo-Daro to an agricultural city-state? Because recently every time I saw that city state, it was a cultural city-state and I could swear in the older version it was agricultural
Indeed the Civitas City States Expanded Mod adds new types of city-states (agricultural, maritime, consular) so i guess you forgot to enable this mod

Indeed the Civitas City States Expanded Mod adds new types of city-states (agricultural, maritime, consular) so i guess you forgot to enable this mod
I double checked multiple times for that, as I did specifically deactivate the entertainment CSs, but did nothing to agricultural. I have maritime and consular CS in the game. It's driving me crazy!

How does this mod giving ancient walls to all city states from the beginning affect game balance? Seems to make Germany significantly weaker when they're supposed to conquer CS...

Top Bottom