City States Leaders for BNW [WIP Icon contribution hread]

I agree that the City State color schemes should be used. Makes it easier to find them on the map and the amount of color schemes is limited as it is.

I agree. I like it better than the generic city icons. It would be cool to see these on the diplomacy screen.

BUt I still like the leader icon when I talk to then.

I'm happy to roll with that. Should we aim for the pure black backgrounds though - or making things a bit more lively by using their text colours?

... I did? The first is Almaty, the second is Florence. Both use the city-state colours as they appear on the map.

Does the trait icon need to be on the world screen? If we think it does, the trait could be a second icon [...]

...I dunno, just throwing out an idea. Perhaps I'll make a couple of mock-ups tonight.

Before actually continuing with creation of assets - do people want the BG colour to be the text colour? It might make things a bit more colourful in the long run - and overall doesn't look bad at all.

Spoiler :

^Or even with unique colours like this - as was with the original plan

Here's a (very) quick and (very) dirty mockup with 3 possible versions, [allied and not allied, and all that actually include the trait after all]. [The first and second replace the generic CS icon.]

A fourth option should be obvious [as should leaving the generic CS icon alone and removing the trait, as I was originally thinking].

@TP: I like the colored backgrounds.

Attachments

• minorbannertest-options.png
    minorbannertest-options.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 181
I really enjoy 1 and 2. Regardless, I just have to remember to hold onto all my alphas before shipping them off.

Top Bottom