Civ Fix 2-civ teams

35 days later >>>> Civ_Fix_AD-0275_to_ricketyclik :D

You don't.....

However,

When you join someone else's pbem game, the host will have set an admin password, and you are therefore relying on the host that they can replace any player that suddenly disappears by opening up his save with the admin password and then changing the player password ready for the new person that takes over the tribe.

We now know that Kenwyn forgot the admin password, and his statement on December 23rd was just a wild guess. Despite my question a day or so later, neither he nor Sinimusta actually checked at the time that this password was correct.

Sinimusta has posted in the replacement section, so I am assuming that SITS has provided him with SITS password, ready for the next player. However what we now know is that this game has an admin password without our knowing what it is, so we are at risk of dropouts and the game ending abruptly.

Having Sinimusta collect everyone's passwords and forward them on to Ainwood is some level of security against a future default. I see little difference between the previous idea that Sinimusta had an admin password, or a future idea that he knows every individual's passwords - either option gives him complete access to the game.

However, I have experienced enough seemingly reliable people disappearing that I don't want to risk another year or two playing a game only to see it stop dead. I personally need some guarantee that a game can continue, and normally I am implicitly trusting the host's reputation to provide that.

I don't want to coerce anyone into doing something they are uncomfortable with, and have enough other games going at the moment. If anyone decides they do not want to provide their passwords, then I am happy to advertise for a replacement and continue my turns until someone can take over my tribes.

@REM, are you comfortable with the above ?

Yes it can stay the same. I'm a little back logged re games but either tonight or tomorrow I should be able to get it through.

Tracker being difficult of late.
emailed Civ_Fix_AD-0620_to_ricketyclik

A bit of a stalemate without better armaments up north. May be time to advance my position before the rifles land. Still I soon approach my end as a PBEM player. Soon could be a long time as quickly as my games turnover :eek:

Generally it has been a pleasure gaming within the Fanatic PBEM Community. :hatsoff:

This game continues to drag along and the holiday season is coming very soon. It will soon come to a standstill. I will become an AI on my next go around. :sad:

chasbolts have retired;:xmastree: Merry Christmas

Civ_Fix_AD-1090_to_ricketyclik

This has been kind of an insane game regarding tech speed (remember, no tech trading). Shows what you can do when you get an entire continent early (elepult) for yourself, have good starting lands and get most of the wonders. Also 2 civs and advanced start help with being fast. My civ has industrialized in about 1000AD. Current GA bpt is over 7000, with more attention to micro I could get a good space date, but I want to finish this game earlier.

Thanks to others for playing!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0447.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0447.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Civ4ScreenShot0448.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0448.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 156
Top Bottom