Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

One thing that would be awesome would be a sort of modder's DLC. Basically, instead of making civs for us, they could just release some artwork like leader screens so people could have really professional looking mods. For example, instead of releasing a Vietnam DLC, they could just release a leader screen for Trung Trac or Le Loi, a city-list, and maybe a few various unit skins.

Yup, check out the mods section, or the work shop.

It would be great if game already has installed earth map with all civs available ( choosen by player) in let say 5 categories depending on the strenght of computers. Very big map to small simulaton with 12 civs.
I know you could download different mods to play these maps via steam workshop, but in this cases ladder steam achievement is not possible as i understand.
A lot of people including myself try to simulate our world history with some civilization with the correct spots on earth to be able to make a difference regarding real history facts.
In one of my game (played as Germany) in moded correct earth map i managed to get the similar situation in 18,19,20 st century as it was real. It was great to play with option to know the history and try to do it different or even the same but with possible better success, ok i was Germany probably shouldnt say so - but it is still game right..;)

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I would like if when you try to bribe a leader,say Bismark to attack William, if William has a spy or better a diplomat, he has a percentage chance of finding out, which would cause a major diplo neg against you. The chance would rise the more promoted the spy was. This should also apply to plots against the player, if the AI does this

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I would like if when you try to bribe a leader,say Bismark to attack William, if William has a spy or better a diplomat, he has a percentage chance of finding out, which would cause a major diplo neg against you. The chance would rise the more promoted the spy was. This should also apply to plots against the player, if the AI does this
It is an interesting and realistic idea but the one problem I have with there is already enough negative modifiers for the AI to hate you I really don't want another one.

In my current game, I noticed that a city state (ally) was able to take over a newly planted city of my current opponent, giving it two. I didn't monitor it carefully, but it seems that the AI razed the city. I think it would be clever if, on those rare occasions were a city-state is able to take over another city, instead of razing it, that the software promote the city-state to a new civilization, possibly one under the same conditions as Venice.

Here is a simple idea:

Improve how the AI places cities so they don't build their second city like 20+ tiles away while there are PLENTY of room and resources around their starting area for a second city.

Interface, Religion

Under the 'World Religions' tab, where the religions are ordered per nation, it would be helpful if you could click on a religion to see from which beliefs they consisted.

Right now all you can do is click on the 'Beliefs' tab, where all active beliefs are listed, but in alphabetical order. It would already be an improvement if they weren't listed in alphabetical order, but per religion. To have them alphabetically is perfect for the cilivilopedia, but not in the game. You see your neighbour spreading religion, you may want to know what kind of beliefs he has. So sorting per nation/religion is the only really helpful way, not alphabetically.

You can sort the beliefs tab by clicking on any column header. I routinely sort by religion, for the reasons you state.

How about a new reformation belief that lets you buy social policies with faith, on the same scale as great people?

I actually sort of like that, except maybe instead of outright buying social policies, the faith could produce culture, sort of like how happiness can produce culture. If not, it could work for social policies, although you'd have to produce a ton of faith for a policy for it to not become rigged.

I was thinking, can only buy once you' ve entered the Industrial era and on the same scale as GP's 1000 for the guest, 1500 the next,then 2500, then 4000 and so on. Realistically you would buy only 3 or 4 at the most but you get the flexibility to buy when needed e.g. for the free tech in rationalism , or a level 2 tenet on getting an ideology.

Maybe for civ 6, but maybe for now, building a military should take population points somehow. It's unrealistic that a civ that has a tiny population but productive cities could field a large army. They could work in mercenaries too, with you being able to buy military units from other civs or CS maybe.

There is I think a unit counter and if you go over the limit they lose effectiveness. IIRC it is a set number add one for every population point. I can't remember if the frst number increases with eras or if the first population in every city gives more or something. I've only ever come across it at the beginning of games starting at a late era when there is only the capital founded because the other settlers also contribute as individual units.

I was not aware of that. Still, there should be some sort of mechanism where if you're constantly building your army your population suffers somehow. In reverse, if you're getting rid of your army and disbanding it your population should rebound. Maybe that would limit warmongers too much though, I don't know.

I think there was a mobilization option back in C3 that only let you build military and military buildings

Cut the cost of both IIRC. I'm not sure how they would implement it here, but it was an amazing boost when you wanted to go to war. I think it was a late game boost available only with industrialization. maybe only with certain govs?

Any other dinosaurs around?

I believe the number of military units per city is 18, and if you go over, your city production goes down 10% per unit. Happened to me one time when I was going for a one city victory.

Top Bottom