Civ V Civilizations Roster

Okay at the bottom of the official Civ V page it says "choose a country" and there they list USA, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, UK and Australia.
:lol:
As for my personal wishlist, I guess it would look something like this:
Americans
Aztecs
Babylonians
Chinese
Egyptians
English
French
Germans
Greeks
Incas
Indians
Japanese
Javanese (Could make a good "surprise" civ)
Mongols
Romans
Russians
Vikings
Zulus

^It's a traditional Civilization civ, as I said. I don't mind them in, so long as Shaka still is as fun to fight against. :mwaha:

Uh, is it weird that Shaka usually likes me? I think I've had one time in which he didn't. Monty, well, Monty always hates me, no matter what. I've never gotten him to like me.

America, Germany, France, Britain, Russia, Carthage, Aztecs, Inca, Rome, Greece, Persia, Arabia, India, Japan, China, Mongol, Mali, and Spain

This is full of really tough choices! :(

Maybe in modding or alternative gameplay yet to be revealed, there will be mixes or permutations of the civs mentioned above. America and Germany I suppose are revealed already, so I just threw them on even though if they were unconfirmed, I would not put them on my list! The overall Civ roster is too Euro-centric, the number of civs populating that landmass on an Earth based map is always overwhelming.

There should be pod like civilizations: Celts to English to Americans (or Canadians!). Greeks to Byzantines or Turks.

hi to all! we are starting to round the intel. where did yousee the 18 civ intel?

Well, judging by the new leaderhead, it looks like the Germans are in, then.

From the pictures:
Americans
Germans
Aztecs (high suspect)

We know for sure they will be there:

Chinese
Egyptians
English
French
Greeks
Indians
Japanese
Persians
Romans
Russians
Spanish

High suspects:
Arabs
Mongols

The remaing 2:
Or 2 new civ's
Or 1 new and 1 less suspects

For the new:
South Africa, Gran Colombia, Israel, Thai, Brazil (they are all good)

For the less suspects:
Vikings, Babylon, Zulus, Portugal, Korea, Carthage, Inca, Khmer, Ottomans, Dutch.

I somehow expect Brazil in the game. They were never before included but they became more wealthy lately and more Brazilians might consider buying Civ 5 if their country is included.

Boudica and the Celts are an awesome civilisation for capturing a real-world Europe :D

To my mind, there are 15 very sure civs to be included. Which leaders would you want to see for them if there were two or more leaders per civ?

My ideas:

Americans: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, T. Roosevelt, F. D. Roosevelt
Aztecs: Ahuitzotl, Montezuma I, Montezuma II
Chinese: Qin Shi Huang, Mao Zedong
Egyptians: Ramesses II, Hatshepsut
English: Victoria, Elizabeth, Churchill
French: Napoleon, Louis XIV, De Gaulle
Germans: Bismarck, Frederick II
Greek: Alexander, Pericles, Philip II
Indians: Gandhi, Asoka
Japanese: Tokugawa, Meiji
Mongols: Genghis Khan, Kublai Khan
Persians: Cyrus, Darius I
Romans: Julius Caesar, Augustus Caesar, Gaius Marius, Constantine I, Theodosius I
Russians: Peter, Catherine, Stalin
Spanish: Isabella, Charles I

So pretty much the same list as in CivIV.

P.S. Numbers of leaders per civ aren't supposed to indicate the importance of the civ. I just listed all leaders I could think of.

Edit: Added Philip II

I assume you're talking about Charles II of Spain, who was also Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire?

The problem with England is that Queen Victoria and Winston Churchill were both rulers of the United Kingdom. England had long since ceased to exist by then.

I assume you're talking about Charles II of Spain, who was also Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire?

At least according to Wikipedia, Charles V of HRE was Charles I of Spain.

The problem with England is that Queen Victoria and Winston Churchill were both rulers of the United Kingdom. England had long since ceased to exist by then.

But still Victoria and Churchill were English leaders in CivIV. Also, with 18 civs, we can't afford to have both English Empire and British Empire as separate civs. To me it's the same if they call it English or British as long as they have it with multiple leaders.

My mistake then regarding Charles V & I. I agree from a game standpoint, but it doesn't solve all the ignorant non-Europeans who blithely rattle on about England when they're talking about Britain or the UK.

I wish that they put in MORE than 18 civs from the start. It makes it easer on them so they don't have to put in those expansion pact's ya know ;)

Well, if we're listing LHs, here's my wish list (two per civ for consistency):

Greece- Alexander, Pericles
Rome- Julius, Augustus
England- Elizabeth, Victoria
France- Napoleon, Louis XIV
Germany- Frederick II, Bismarck
Russia- Catherine, Peter

Persia- Darius, Cyrus
Sumeria- Urukagina, Sargon
Arabia- Saladin, Harun al-Rashid
Egypt- Ramesses II, Hatshepsut

China- QSHD, Tang Taizong