Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for the official announcement, especially with the recent activity in the Steam database.

They're working on something. Whether it's an expansion, DLC, a patch, or VI is unknown, but you don't let a profitable game series collect dust and you don't have a development team sit on their hands.

The fact that they aren't talking and haven't put anything out in months indicates that whatever it may be is big.

The Steam database leak may be incidental. It could've just been someone at Valve screwing around. But the silence from Firaxis speaks to something big.

The longer they wait to announce it, the likely it is to be bigger.

I think it will go like in this timeline:

1. gossip and speculation (that's the point we are in now :) )
2. THE ANNOUNCEMENT! much rejoicing.
3. two screenshots released, analyzed in great detail for two weeks straight (that green blob? it must be a new resource, or a Polish lancer)
4. more info and screenshots, Arioch's Civ Analyst site makes again good effort with keeping things up to date
5. final info for new civs, units etc. released (threads explode in rage as still no Kingdom of Sardinia civilization!)
6. the expansion arrives! everything is beautiful, nothing hurts.

It turns out Menzies was right about an announcement today, but wrong about the game. :)

Assassin's Creed IV: Jumping on the Pirates of the Caribbean Bandwagon was announced today.

I think it will go like in this timeline:

1. gossip and speculation (that's the point we are in now :) )
2. THE ANNOUNCEMENT! much rejoicing.
3. two screenshots released, analyzed in great detail for two weeks straight (that green blob? it must be a new resource, or a Polish lancer)
4. more info and screenshots, Arioch's Civ Analyst site makes again good effort with keeping things up to date
5. final info for new civs, units etc. released (threads explode in rage as still no Kingdom of Sardinia civilization!)
6. the expansion arrives! everything is beautiful, nothing hurts.

That is one very accurate prediction.:lol:

They're working on something. Whether it's an expansion, DLC, a patch, or VI is unknown, but you don't let a profitable game series collect dust and you don't have a development team sit on their hands.

The fact that they aren't talking and haven't put anything out in months indicates that whatever it may be is big.

The Steam database leak may be incidental. It could've just been someone at Valve screwing around. But the silence from Firaxis speaks to something big.

The longer they wait to announce it, the likely it is to be bigger.

It's almost certainly an expansion. Unless nothing is announced by the 29th I wouldn't put too much thought into any other possibility.

Hmmm...

So, the announcements were made on:

Gods & Kings: Thursday, 16th of February 2012 at 1 pm GMT
Beyond the Sword: Wednesday, 28th of March 2007 at 7 pm GMT
Warlords: Thursday, 16th of March 2006 at 7 pm GMT

So, Beyond the Sword was announced over a year after Warlords and...

...I give up, they'll announce it when they're good and ready to...

??? hours, ??? minutes and 16 seconds to an announcement...

Well... even if nothing is announced any time soon... at least this topic lives up to the site's name. :p

Seriously though, it's refreshing to see people truly excited and doing that whole "hanging on every word" anticipation thing. On the one hand it's dangerous if you're trying not to get overhyped for a game, but on the other hand that people love games so much is what makes being a gamer so fulfilling.

I hope they release anything they got to release before or after Europa Universalis IV (Q3 2013). I mean, I'm a civfanatic and everything, but I'm also a human being with limited resources (time and money).

I believe it's usually half a year between announcement and release. So if they announce it at this month then the release will be July/September. I fondly recall G&K being released shortly before my birthday and this was at the end of June.

Considering Civ V Gold has gone on sale today, does that increase the liklihood of an official expansion announcement in the short term?

Steam having a sale today of BOTH Civ 5 Gold Edition as well as G&K leads me to believe the announcement will be this upcoming week... Steam tends to offer sales of bundles, etc., immediately prior to releasing more DLC and/or expansions.

[edit]: lol, post directly before me by all of one minute said the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom