1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ3 1.29f Bugs Report Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by philippe, Jul 18, 2002.

1. philippe

philippe FYI, I chase trains.

Post here bugs and/or problems with v1.29 patch:D
    No diplomacy...owww...:( :mad: :cry: :nuke:

Moderator Action: This thread is for bug reports only. No off-topic chitter chatter and all questions should be directed towards the newbie question thread or the FAQ. This is for bugs only.

Have a nice day!

Gonzo :king:

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

2. Becka

Becka M AS IN MARTINI

Does this diplomacy thing have to do with the editor? :confused:

3. Isak

Isak Civ4 Scenario Designer

Not exactly happy to post here already, but...

Why is the Civilopedia.txt Write-protected??? :confused:

This means that the Self-Extracting .exe's of the DyP mod won't work anymore, as they won't overwrite the Civilopedia unless the user goes and ticks the write-protection off by himself...

I may be pessimistic, but I can imagine how often I am going to explain that.... so in the name of User Friendliness....WHY?? :spank:

oh well, I guess someone at Firaxis just forgot to remove the write protection in all the hurry....

4. philippe

philippe FYI, I chase trains.

Yes for making scenarios..
    Like WW2 scenario to not make Germany allied with England and France vs USA or something like that...

5. Becka

Becka M AS IN MARTINI

Ah, ok. *whew* I thought they'd dramatically changed diplomacy or something. :eek: :king:

6. IceBlaZe

IceBlaZe Atheist Proselytizer

It will most probably ask the user if he wants to overwrite it since it is write protected..

7. Isak

Isak Civ4 Scenario Designer

Nope - not the self-extracting Zip archives we use - they just go "can't create output file" and quit the install process..

Believe me - I wouldn't post it here without testing ;)

8. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

I haven't installed the new patch yet since I'm playing a Game of the Month, but:

Is the End of Golden Age bug still there where the 'turns to finish' wrongly still count the extra shields (and the income is wrong, too)?

Does a religious civ still experience unjustified riots when changing to a newly discovered government type?

Are the leader and city lists the same old error-ridden ones?

Edit: two more 1.21 bugs I didn't see anything about in the readme.txt:
    - ships passing through towns on hills have 1 movement point deducted (or is this intended?)
    - when a new city takes territory from a neighbouring rival's city, squares may still be worked by the neighbours that turn

9. sabo

sabo My Ancestors were Vikings

THis patch is supposed to have a group forify and un-fortify command but I haven't seen anywhere which key-strokes will do that.

10. Matt_G

Matt_G Curmedgeon in Training

That is a right click option. I don't believe there is a keystroke for that.

11. sumthinelse

sumthinelse civ investigator

Isak, for Windows platforms, can't you write a batch file that turns off the write protect attribute?

attrib -r %1Civilopedia.txt

.......... do rest of DyP stuff now .....

where %1 is the civ3 path?

I'm not sure what you do for Apple.

12. shramj

shramj Fähnrich

Guys, I just installed the patch and when I opened my civ3mod.bic, I didn't have any of the changes and new units I had added prior to installing the patch. So I lost all my custom units, good thing I have a pretty recent backup. I believe this happen after installing the new patch, did anyone else have this problem or did I do something else wrong?

13. Stormbringer

Stormbringer The Brick and The Rose

well, I just started playing with the new editor, and I can't place cities or units!!!
    Any idea why that is??

14. Mike B. FIRAXIS

Mike B. FIRAXIS Firaxian

Did you select an active player?

15. Matt_G

Matt_G Curmedgeon in Training

You didn't do anything wrong. The patch upgrades the .bic file to a newer version. I am also willing to bet that if you copy your old .bic file into the civ3 folder it won't work but that's just a guess. Now I think I remember reading that there was going to be a import feature. You might want to look for that.

Edit: The import feature is under the File menu. Give it a try.

16. Ossric

Ossric Hedonistic Ruler

fortify/wake all: just right click on your stacked units & you will see the option

17. Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Dan Magaha FIRAXIS Firaxian

You weren't modifying civ3mod.bic, were you?

Dan

18. shramj

shramj Fähnrich

Yes I was editing the civ3.bic, but I have a complete backup of the entire Civilization3 directory, also, alot of the text files were also overwritten, so everyone should backup their entire civ3 directory before installing, I have to redo my pediaicons.txt & civlopedia.txt, When I installed the patch, it asked about overwritting some files, but I wish it told us what files it was going to overwrite. Not a biggy for me, but someone is going to be mad if they didn't have a backup. Later, Shramj

19. Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Dan Magaha FIRAXIS Firaxian

It's probably been a while since I've actually posted this, but since day one I've tried to warn people as often as possible not to mess with that file.

If you have anything other than the vanilla CD-version of Civ III installed (i.e., any patches installed), loading a scenario file from the main menu should work the same way as changing the civ3mod.bic file and starting a new game, except that is much less dangerous because no patches will ever modify your BIC files, and there is no danger of messing up your default Civ III rules.

Dan

20. Stormbringer

Stormbringer The Brick and The Rose

Nevermind, I just needed to reload my computer for this to work, don't know why, but it works now.