Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by philippe, Jul 18, 2002.
Yes it is.
1) I too experience a game crash, where all is going well and then without warning the program closes and returns to Windows. (using XP)
2) When I select 'huge, panagea, wet, warm, 5 billion' map, I get continents! Every time! Has anybody else experienced this? Am I being punished for my love of jungle squares?
2) I have noticed that if I choose 5G years, then I get continents as well. I don't get them as often if I choose 3G years.
1) There's a big blurb about XP thing in the README file I think maybe that should be read. Has this been happening since the beginning or after 1.29? Something says that you have to be an admin to run the game (check - verify what I say)
2) It's sense. at 5B years there is no pangea - shouldn't it be continents? Or all oddly shaped islands?
Hi Kring - I'll try selecting 3G years to see if that helps. This is a problem since I started using XP.
Hi hbdragon -- Will check out the readme file. As for pangea/no pangea at 5B, you may have a point - but if playing pangea at 5B years is not an option, we shouldn't be able to select it. The 'suprise! you're on continents!' feature of the game has appeared since buying new computer and "upgrading" to XP. Go figure.
Thanks for replies.
Maybe it's a bug? But if it was it should have been fixed long ago.
There is no guarantee with 3B year option, but I tend to see a much higher percentage of true pangaea with 3B vs the other two options.
I would also agree I would like to see the option mean what it says. I like to be able to meet all of the other civs on one continent in most games myself.
This thread is no longer sticky, as this patch and most of these bugs are old news. And I don't think dan and mike are around here much anymore.
When trying to rush a project during Anarchy (I never did it before and was curious to what the advisor would say) ms. domestic popped up and said that you can't do it and all, and there was a hyperlink. I clicked on it but it was invalid!
Or it could have been when trying to pop-rush without enough citizens. Or something like that. Point is, it's a bug and it should be elminated. If it isn't please correct me...
You cannot rush during anarchy.
I know that, I wanted to see what the advisor was going to say.
There was a link associated with the pop-up that said that you cannot rush, so I clicked on it - invalid entry. It oughta to be fixed if it is real - I am not sure whether it is during attempted anarchy rush and/or attempted unsuccessful pop-rush.
Yeah, I reported that bug a long time ago, I think I reported it in the 1.21f bugs thread (maybe even earlier?).
Here's a screenshot of the pop-up and of when I click on 'hurrying production' :
Oh. Wow, to think that the bug has been there since 1.21 and eariler - fix, fix, fix!
How come there's a check mark where there should be an "O". On my game there is a regular "O" and "x"
I think it came with some download (either DyP or Snoopy's or some graphic modpack, I can't remember). But I did find a file that changes the x's and o's only if you want them.
Separate names with a comma.