1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Speaker, Jun 10, 2009.

1. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam GiftOfNukes

Oooooh, this addresses a lot of issues. It's good to see they're still watching!

Quite nice. Some of the game's bigger issues were addressed here...

2. Ghpstage

Ghpstage Chieftain

3. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

Thanks for this patch Alex, and of course fixing the major flaws for us MPers....now my report disputes based on being impostered should disappear :p

CS

4. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

We always had a -tk meaning Take2 "namespace" extension, which you only see in C4F anyway, not in the games interface. I imagine the extra -tk2 is a neccesary evil as part of the imposter fix.

CS

5. Roland Johansen

Roland Johansen Chieftain

Great to see Firaxis is still supporting this game. And also good to see that they lend some stuff from the Unofficial patch and the BetterAI mod. Now the fixes in those mods will be available to a larger public.

Maybe it's mentioned in this vague sentence? The patch notes aren't very specific (which is normal for patch notes).

I also noticed the following change which some didn't agree with when the unofficial patch introduced it. I hope that players will start playing the same game again now that the change has been made official:

6. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I have to :cry: about this one
    :(

7. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Wow, I'm glad they are still supporting this game.

Now I've got to go and merge the mod with this new code...ugh...not looking forward to that. On a related note, is there any way to "merge" Hall of Fame records from multiple mods into one, so that I can view saved games from previous incarnations of my mod as well as the new version? I like seeing all the games together.

8. Woody1

Woody1 Chieftain

Very nice! Any chance of making this patch available here with the other patches?

Civilization Fanatics' Forums -> Downloads -> Civilization IV Downloads -> Civ4 - Patches & Updates

9. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Came up with another question while thinking about Civ instead of working like I should be: has anyone installed this patch over the unofficial patches posted on this forum? Does it work right? Or do I need a clean copy of Civ4: BtS?

10. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Thunderfall et al are, most likely already working on that. I will not use the ingame update function as well, after the loooooong story of failed updates we hear around here :p ( and it also saves me from redownloading it in case of reinstall :D )

11. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

3.19 explicitely states changes in the DLL file, so the DLL part will be automatically updated. The Python and XML changes..... well, that might go tricky or not, depending of the Python and XML changes they made ( and they surely made some )

12. Gliese 581

Gliese 581 Your average civ junkie

I guess we should wait for unofficial patches and the bugmod to explicitly state that they are now compatible with 3.19 before installing this patch to be safe?

13. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Does anyone know what exactly they moved to the DLL?

14. Rakeesh14

Rakeesh14 Chieftain

Does this patch address any of the disconnection issues?

15. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Thanks for the answer...I'm going to hold off on doing anything drastic until we know for sure.

Now, if only I could merge my HoF, I'd be one happy Civver.

16. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

You can usually find stuff like that on the Firaxis Website anyway. It's under Beyond the Sword->Downloads

17. Woody1

Woody1 Chieftain

Oh, never mind. I see Firaxis has posted it to their website:

http://www.firaxis.com/support/support_detail.php?gameid=16&patch=1

18. frekk

frekk Scourge of St. Lawrence

Oh no!! Not again!!

This is just like last time!!

I literally just put the finishing touches on my mod, after many hours and weeks of work, and half an hour later ... they release a new patch!! It happened just like this with 3.17 too!!

19. cephalo

cephalo Chieftain

At least it's still fresh in your mind! I don't think I can even remember how to upgrade my mod! If I don't, nobody will be able to play it ever again!

20. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

The moral of the story is: Don't ever try.