1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Speaker, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Ninja2

Ninja2 Great Engineer

Okay, thanks for clearing that up, EF. I'm at work right now, so I can't get the patch... but I'm guessing they included the complete source files again?

As I recall, what I did last time was to use 3.17 as a base (i.e, the new sources, this time I will start with 3.19 obviously), applied the first available BetterAI that's compatible, and then I proceeded to add all the dll-comp's again. I guess there's not really any other way. Sigh.

2. J-man

J-man Chieftain

Great! Totally unexpected. I love the barrage fix. I hope no new bugs are introduced?

3. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Chieftain

Others have reported that BUG works fine with the patch, and I didn't see anything so far to tell me different. I have been too busy porting BULL to 3.19 to do thorough testing yet.

I would say you're good to upgrade, and if anything does break I'll work as quickly as possible to fix it.

4. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

IN time I am confident we can find some...

In the end Firaxis can test all the want, but all that testing will be done ten times over by the community in a couple of days.

5. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

Thanks for the quick reply! :goodjob:

And I have no clue what BULL is but good luck with that! I will let you know if I can find anything with BUG 3.6 and the 3.19 patch.

6. fabwed

fabwed Chieftain

Hey, thx for the patch.

Well the Tk-Tk2 tag is pretty weired I gues u guys forgot to clean something in ur trials.

BTW its impossible now to ad someone to the budylist. This will spoil all the passworded games by time.

7. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

I installed the 3.19 patch and now can't run any version of RFC or mods of RFC. Luckily I used system restore and got it back to where it was yesterday. I caution anybody who upgrades to 3.19. RFC won't work with it.:(

8. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Chieftain

Turn 122 running BUG 3.6 and BULL patched to 3.19--no problems so far. :goodjob:

9. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

A word about overflow gold:

I tested it a little and it seems to be constricted to the first build method ( chop/whip/regular build) of the building/unit that brings the build to 1 turn of completion. This means that multiple chops/whip in the same turn will most likely not give overflow gold. Can someone confirm this?

10. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

It does still overflow gold yet it is limited now to the cost of the building, as DaveMtW - or whatever the end of the name is - confirmed in another thread. So you can still get gold but not hundreds any more.

11. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Not exactly. I whipped a pro wall with stone and chopped 10 forests in the same turn and got exactly 0 gold overflow. It is not as simple and Dave said......

OTOH the "chariot in IW cap with all the possible modifiers for military builds in" is working as expected

12. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I agree here, i dont like the current gamefont.tga also.:crazyeye:

Dang, i really really really like this:goodjob:, I wore out my Warlords CD, and cant use it anymore, to many scratches its now corrupt.:mad:

Yeah i am making a python only mod and patched to 3.19, and played a saved game with NO problem whatsoever, YEAH.:p

13. Lexad

Lexad royalcrownchinpokomaster

14. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

So overflow now appears to be limited to the build cost of the unit/building and anything over that is lost - not converted to gold. Chop even one forest into partially completed scout and you'll probably lose hammers. This means MM is back.

I just chopped about 250:hammers: into a scout and got exactly 22:hammers: for my next build, the cost of the scout (Epic speed).

15. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

That's really strange, because that's not what is mentioned in the OP.

I could be correct, but for me, this is the implementation that was used in the unofficial patch, that is reduce the overflow gold to 1x multiplier when there was more initially. Is it not ?

16. PieceOfMind

maybe one needs to have currency before it works. I'll go check.

Nope, it appears even with Currency no overflow gold at all. Trying the same with a granary, 0 gold. If the granary costs 90:hammers: and you're an expansive leader, the overflow hammers are cut down to 45:hammers:.

17. Caboose

Caboose Another Drill IV defender

"- Collateral damage modifiers, collateral damage immunity, and air defense modifiers, multiply instead of add."

What does this mean in practice?

18. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

@Piece of Mind

You don't need currency. I already tested it in the chariot in HE city scenario

19. PieceOfMind

What is "working as expected"? Getting 0 gold overflow I assume. It seems to work exactly the same way for the HE city. Note if the build following has a hammer multiplier, the overflown hammers do go through those modifiers.

20. VoiceOfUnreason

VoiceOfUnreason Chieftain

It looks to me as though someone lost track of where the overflow is capped, and therefore the gold overflow is being compared to the wrong thing. In other words, at the point where iProductionGold is calculated, iOverflow is capped, but iMaxOverflowForGold is still huge, and therefore the difference is negative.

Also of note - there are three duplicate variations of this code, depending on whether the city is training a unit, constructing a building, or creating a project. All share the same calculation.

(From CvCity.cpp)
    Code:
    iProductionNeeded = getProductionNeeded(eTrainUnit);

// max overflow is the value of the item produced (to eliminate prebuild exploits)
    iOverflow = getUnitProduction(eTrainUnit) - iProductionNeeded;
    int iMaxOverflow = std::max(iProductionNeeded, getCurrentProductionDifference(false, false));
    int iMaxOverflowForGold = std::max(iProductionNeeded, getProductionDifference(getProductionNeeded(), getProduction(), 0, isFoodProduction(), false));
    [b]iOverflow = std::min(iMaxOverflow, iOverflow);[/b]
    if (iOverflow > 0)
    {
    	changeOverflowProduction(iOverflow, getProductionModifier(eTrainUnit));
    }
    setUnitProduction(eTrainUnit, 0);

int iProductionGold = std::max(0, [b]iOverflow - iMaxOverflowForGold[/b]) * GC.getDefineINT("MAXED_UNIT_GOLD_PERCENT") / 100;