CIV4 Map of Planet Mars (v1.22b)

Oh my, this one looks great, can't wait to try it out! :)
Good job, creator!

I've looked at your map, it's interesting and I think I'll give it a try this weekend. I tried to load it unsuccessfully earlier today, and I'm getting the same odd crashes with most custom maps under Vista. I think I have the problem fixed (I've since converted the map for use in Warlords). The barren landscape is of particular interest to me because I've been working on a scenario for a desert world that would require food transport to keep cities alive... Need to modify SDK for that, but your Mars map will help me figure out what desert and bare coasts can and cannot support. I'm also thinking about making this map a bit larger and reworking the resources. I'll let you know if I find my improvements merit review.

just click the name of the file once, then it will turn to text selection. rename it to "mars.Civ4WarlordsWBS"

Okay, I did what you asked. The first time, I gave it exactly the name you said. Curiously, all other maps for warlords had the letters "AVE" after the "S", so I wonder if you made a flub there. The computer seemed to think so, because it didn't know what icon to display for the map after that.

Still, I resolved to try it out. The map apparently worked to the point that it let me select my character, but it killed me as soon as I started playing (it said, "you have been defeated"). At least, that's what happened when I ran it from, "Play a Scenario." Maybe I was supposed to do something different.

But anyhow, I then tried to change it to be called Civ4WarlordsWBSAVE. THis time, the file indeed displayed the Warlords icon. But when I tried it out, it still killed me at the start.

WHAT THE . .. .. .. . IS WRONG?! Have you actually tried renaming this to be a Warlords file, and gotten it to work? If so, why don't you just send me a copy of your file?

thanks let me include it in the database. and i will note that you helped us out, homie

Anything you want, you know that.

You changed your Avator?? Kind of "dark.";)

do you like it? i did it because pretty soon BtS is coming out and production of Second Revolution 3.0 is starting soon. I just don't want weirdos looking at me and my kid during any phase where alot of ppl PM me and email and stuff. Eventually I will switch to something else, but not my real face for awhile :(

btw: check the database link :)

Mars map not working properly. When i start the games as american it comes up and says i have been defeated. Any ideas?

Let us know if you do. It looks very interesting and I can't wait to give it a try sometime. (by the way, I'm using beyond the sword)

ok bro. im removing the link from the post. that version is not compatible with BtS. go to the downloads database link, and download the warlords version. this version opens up fine with BtS :)

This looks incredible.

Top Bottom