Civ4 Plugins for 3dsmax 6 and 7 now available for download

I'll check Blender then, thanks.

I'm also getting the Render creation failed error. I am launching the program through the EXE file rather than a NIF file. I am running an ATI Radeon X1600, using Cat 6.12 drivers and the current version of DirectX. My Civ4/Warlords is a clean install. I'm getting the error regardless of whether I'm attempting to load a NIF file or simply just opening the program -- it's not the fault of Civ if the error occurs before I have a chance to load something.

The thing of it is, this program worked fine on an older generation ATI I had in this box (sadly that card is now dead). So what else am I missing?

- Current card capable of HW T&L
- Current drivers
- Clean Civ install

What next? I'm not sure rolling back the driver will suit. Of course I won't be replacing the card simply to attempt to run this one program.

NifSkope works fine, though. I've no skill at making 3D objects from scratch, but I was able to modify existing material with the tutorials for Scene Viewer with my older GFX card. Is there anything similar for NifSkope? I'd also like to try my hand at modifying leaderheads, but the Blender Tutorial shows only nonshader versions work properly.

Just loaded up SceneViewer at work, and it runs just fine. On an Intel onboard GFX chipset. As opposed to home. On an ATI Radeon X1600 GFX Card...

What's causing this thing to fail upon render creation?

The ATI x800 I had to replace worked just fine. The next thing I'm going to try is copying those two DLL files into my System32 directory again.

The ATI x800 I had to replace worked just fine. The next thing I'm going to try is copying those two DLL files into my System32 directory again.

Just to add onto this one - ATI 9700 Pro worked fine on the old box, ATI 1900 XT gives the error mentioned above. Seems there could be an issue with the newer chipsets.

I'm getting an errorcode 127 trying to initialize the plugin with 3Dsmax version 9. I have those mentioned dlls installed and before I try reinstalling civ which fixed the problem with errorcode 126 and version 7 earlier I wanted to know if anyone knows about this problem and how to fix it.

Edit:
I mean did anyone get this plugins to run with max 9 at all? I noticed a lot of older plugins don't seem to be compatible with the latest version.

I'm also getting the Render creation failed error. I am launching the program through the EXE file rather than a NIF file. I am running an ATI Radeon X1600, using Cat 6.12 drivers and the current version of DirectX. My Civ4/Warlords is a clean install. I'm getting the error regardless of whether I'm attempting to load a NIF file or simply just opening the program -- it's not the fault of Civ if the error occurs before I have a chance to load something.

The thing of it is, this program worked fine on an older generation ATI I had in this box (sadly that card is now dead). So what else am I missing?

- Current card capable of HW T&L
- Current drivers
- Clean Civ install

What next? I'm not sure rolling back the driver will suit. Of course I won't be replacing the card simply to attempt to run this one program.

NifSkope works fine, though. I've no skill at making 3D objects from scratch, but I was able to modify existing material with the tutorials for Scene Viewer with my older GFX card. Is there anything similar for NifSkope? I'd also like to try my hand at modifying leaderheads, but the Blender Tutorial shows only nonshader versions work properly.

Yeah, recent ATI card cause this problem. The solution is simple : Nifskope !

I'm getting an errorcode 127 trying to initialize the plugin with 3Dsmax version 9. I have those mentioned dlls installed and before I try reinstalling civ which fixed the problem with errorcode 126 and version 7 earlier I wanted to know if anyone knows about this problem and how to fix it.

Edit:
I mean did anyone get this plugins to run with max 9 at all? I noticed a lot of older plugins don't seem to be compatible with the latest version.

Really need an answer. Anyone running these scripts with max 9?

I don't know for sure, Im not a 3d guy. But it includes a lot of scripts for Civ4 that seem to deal with animations. It also allows exports in a *.kf format, which I believe is the animation's. So I believe you can.

Im excited to see what folks more talented than I can come up with.

The only thing I wasn't able to do is I can't find a way to import any of the models that come with the game.

well im a 3d guy lol but i jkust have a question after the 30 day eva. can i still somehow model any units??...with this plugin? ot is it just for the 30 day evaluation ?

ok pls help me with one thing i have blender wich is totally free, but how do i make it work with this plug in??? i mean i downloaded it the plug in u put it in here but, how do i make it work with blender pls help thanks...

scuse me ploeperpengel but do u know how to make the niftool i just download it with blender i dont know how to make it work with that....i mean i download and then what dosnt open any .nif files.......

Top Bottom