[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

It's starting to feel like the Great Negotiators pack. Maybe they're having an issue sorting out one of the abilities again, only this time they don't have a Caesar Surprise to promote in the Livestream.
Is there even going to be a livestream? I haven't heard anything about it or seen a thread about it.

Speaking of the way leaders are going took I imagine that Sundiata Keita might look similar to how Mansa Musa did in Civ 4.

That's my point. It feels like they are struggling to finalize this pack, and without anything to fall back on, there's nothing new for them to stream.

Honestly I've completely forgotten about the possibility of the livestream (😂). Back before Negotiators, I was excited to see Abe in action but instead, as we all know, we got JC raiding barbarian camps for gold.

In hindsight, I think you're right, and this choice was a deliberate one made to give the team more time to iron out the "Negotiator" abilities.

That doesn't bode well though, no time for anything going wrong or even to worry about getting solid abilities done. I'd have waited until things were mostly done and just worked on bugs etc between releases. But then, I'm not the bean counter for the operation.

That doesn't bode well though, no time for anything going wrong or even to worry about getting solid abilities done. I'd have waited until things were mostly done and just worked on bugs etc between releases. But then, I'm not the bean counter for the operation.

That might explain the many bugs that were delivered with the Negotiators. Not sure if, to this day, many of those have been ironed out.

I agree with you. Ideally, you would think that they wouldn't be finishing the pack the week of the release...

Well, Well, Well, I haven't touched the game in about 6 months and I go in and it seems I missed the news that we got an update. I immediately played as Abe Lincoln because I thought I don't remember seeing him in this game before since like Civ IV Beyond the Sword maybe? Anyways, trade seemed a bit fixed with the early game of trading diplomatic favor although in the midgame I was able to trade it away for massive gold. I'm not playing the game as much these days but it was nice to see they updated it a bit. Looking forward to Civ VII but this update makes me think its a year or two away.

So if today (19th) is when the third pack drops and the Pass runs until March, that leaves three more packs to drop in a little bit more than two months (and that if the last pack is launched on March 31, which I don't think will happen). That awesome, we should get a pack every two-three weeks! I'm definitely excited waiting for the new Egypt leaders, Theodora and Ludwig.

So if today (19th) is when the third pack drops and the Pass runs until March, that leaves three more packs to drop in a little bit more than two months (and that if the last pack is launched on March 31, which I don't think will happen). That awesome, we should get a pack every two-three weeks! I'm definitely excited waiting for the new Egypt leaders, Theodora and Ludwig.
I’m REALLY looking forward to Theodora because I love Byzantium and their music, but I don’t love conquering as a win condition so I’m hoping she brings a new way to play :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking forward to! Basil is amazing, we all know that, but it's focused on military while I usually favor cultural and scientific games. Fingers crossed for a cool Thedora!

Kupe Navigator try to not be sexist challenge (impossible)
LOLZ comparing the king who literally invented all of Korean alphabet by himself VS random queen who suffered against Baekje and goguryeo... and had to be carried by her cousin and future king Muyeol. There is a reason why in popularity contest Sejong ranks either no.1 or no.2 by all Koreans ( losing only to Admiral Yi)

Kupe Navigator try to not be sexist challenge (impossible)
I don't think disliking certain leader is sexist? If Seondeok was the greatest queen of Korean history, Kupe Navigator would propably see her as his personal favourite.
I dislike Kristina of Sweden for similar reasons as Kupe Navigator dislikes Seondeok, but that doesn't mean I hate women. I just think there are better and more interesting choices for Sweden than Kristina. That's all.
If Kupe Navigator came and said "There shouldn't be ANY female leaders in civ, because women are inherently bad at leading" I would say THAT is sexist. Never turn minor matters such as disliking a single leader into major matters as that is hurtful for the wider movenment.

I don't think disliking certain leader is sexist? If Seondeok was the greatest queen of Korean history, Kupe Navigator would propably see her as his personal favourite.
I dislike Kristina of Sweden for similar reasons as Kupe Navigator dislikes Seondeok, but that doesn't mean I hate women. I just think there are better and more interesting choices for Sweden than Kristina. That's all.
If Kupe Navigator came and said "There shouldn't be ANY female leaders in civ, because women are inherently bad at leading" I would say THAT is sexist. Never turn minor matters such as disliking a single leader into major matters as that is hurtful for the wider movenment.

There's a context to SecretWeapon's comment. There's no point in addressing it here, only pointing out that SecretWeapon is not criticizing specifically that post, rather the pattern.

I'm definitely excited waiting for the new Egypt leaders, Theodora and Ludwig.
I always want more non-Egyptian Egyptian leaders!

There's a context to SecretWeapon's comment. There's no point in addressing it here, only pointing out that SecretWeapon is not criticizing specifically that post, rather the pattern.
I still think Seondok really didn't deserve to be Korean leader... if anything else Korea in civ 6 screams Joseon not Silla.

Okay. Then: which woman - does not have to have been the formal ruler, an informal influential figure like a queen with much influence will do - do you think would be a good leader for Korea?

Note that I said "a good leader", not "the best leader". "Not as good as Sejong" is not an argument here.

Moderator Edit: Let's Not derail the thread. Especially not on that tangent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always want more non-Egyptian Egyptian leaders!
Well, you're getting Ptolemaic Cleopatra as well. :mischief:

I still think Seondok really didn't deserve to be Korean leader... if anything else Korea in civ 6 screams Joseon not Silla.
You could argue that Korea has always been primarily portrayed as a Joeson civ with either the Hwacha, Turtle Ship, and Seowon appearing in all the games they've been in. That's not necessarily a good argument.
I for one am happy that we'll have both Sejong and Seondeok as leaders.

I just hope Sejong looks distinct enough. The design will likely be the one they used in Civ 5, but that's very close to what Yongle looks like. The hat, the facial hair, the clothes and the dragon pattern (centre and upper sleeves) are all very similar to Yongle, only in red.

At least he'll be carrying a book (most likely).

@Kupe Navigator would you rather have a Sejong in his mid 20s, or a Sejong in his early 50s?

Top Bottom