[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

I think the Sumerians could've used an alt (or a persona that looks less like a demigod).
The entire civ would need a ground-up revamp since it is currently Gilgamesh: The Civilization. :(

I said this on another board, but giving a power whose heyday barely lasted two centuries a second leader would just be wantonly, indulgently Eurocentric--especially when the obvious second candidate, Isabella, was the current leader's great-grandmother and basically fills the same "zealotry and colonialism" niche.
That's a fair point. Though my argument was mainly I'd rather see Spain get one than France getting essentially a fourth. I also listed Spain first but that was in no particular order of priority. :)

I'd also make her focus on exploration, considering we don't really have a leader/civ dedicated to that. Portugal kind of does but not to the extent that I would want.

Last edited:
If Napoleon does come back, I'd want him to tie into France's cultural side and not be all militaristic. Modern Egyptology began when Napoleon started invading Egypt so it would be interesting if somehow you could tie in artifacts with conquest. Maybe combat units could extract artifacts instead of relying on archaeologists?
I'd love a more scientific approach if we have to have Napoléon I. He was not bad at math and reorganized the higher education system in France to form his future generals and engineers. I'd think something about:

Grandes Ecoles: Great Scientists and Engineers act as Great Generals (+1 Combat Strength and +1 Movement to all units of there era within a two tiles radius). Military Academies grant +1 Great Scientist and Great Engineer points.

We'd still have a military side to Napoléon (which is something that people would want anyway) while also giving him a nice element that would make warfaire kind of different.

Reactions: j51
Philippe Auguste gets my vote for militarist France, though I'm hoping for a commercial/colonial France under Henri IV.
Give me Champlain as a unique governor and it's a deal.

I'd love a more scientific approach if we have to have Napoléon I. He was not bad at math and reorganized the higher education system in France to form his future generals and engineers. I'd think something about:

Grandes Ecoles: Great Scientists and Engineers act as Great Generals (+1 Combat Strength and +1 Movement to all units of there era within a two tiles radius). Military Academies grant +1 Great Scientist and Great Engineer points.

We'd still have a military side to Napoléon (which is something that people would want anyway) while also giving him a nice element that would make warfaire kind of different.
If France didn't already have a wonder building civ ability I'd agree with you. Abilities revolving around Great Engineer points I can understand though.
Then again, I wouldn't mind something like this: Rosetta Stone- All Melee combat units may extract artifacts from antiquity sites and Antiquity sites unlock at Humanism civic instead of Natual History (or they along with Archaeological Museum both unlock at Education if the former is too late). Artifacts provide science and provide more science when themed. :dunno:

Reactions: j51
If France didn't already have a wonder building civ ability I'd agree with you. Abilities revolving around Great Engineer points I can understand though.
Then again, I wouldn't mind something like this: Rosetta Stone- All Melee combat units may extract artifacts from antiquity sites and Antiquity sites unlock at Humanism civic instead of Natual History (or they along with Archaeological Museum both unlock at Education if the former is too late). Artifacts provide science and provide more science when themed. :dunno:
Eleanor is just determined to get her National History Museum back, even if it's the wrong civ. :mischief: (I know, I know, we're talking about different leaders. It just struck me as funny that France would be replacing England as the "steal your artifacts" civ. :p )

Eleanor is just determined to get her National History Museum back, even if it's the wrong civ. :mischief: (I know, I know, we're talking about different leaders. It just struck me as funny that France would be replacing England as the "steal your artifacts" civ. :p )
Well, it stays on brand of reusing old abilities and tweaking them. :p

The entire civ would need a ground-up revamp since it is currently Gilgamesh: The Civilization. :(

Hmm. Maybe a leader ability along the lines of:

- Light + heavy cavalry units gain +5 str against barbarians and free cities (synergizes with war carts + sumeria's barb clearing ability).
- Cities on flood plains gain double boosts from floods (doesn't protect against them; it's like reverse egypt). +2 housing in a city if it has a Ziggurat (just once per city, not +2 per zig).

Leans more into Sumeria's "early civilization" side + leans into the zuggurat for a more scientific game.

Ehh, kinda contrived maybe, but yeah. No idea who the leader could be, I don't know much about Sumerian history.

Hmm. Maybe a leader ability along the lines of:

- Light + heavy cavalry units gain +5 str against barbarians and free cities (synergizes with war carts + sumeria's barb clearing ability).
- Cities on flood plains gain double boosts from floods (doesn't protect against them; it's like reverse egypt). +2 housing in a city if it has a Ziggurat (just once per city, not +2 per zig).

Leans more into Sumeria's "early civilization" side + leans into the zuggurat for a more scientific game.

Ehh, kinda contrived maybe, but yeah. No idea who the leader could be, I don't know much about Sumerian history.
It would fit Ur-Nammu or Sargon of Akkad pretty well. Of course, Akkad would have to be replaced as a city-state.

So what do we think, are we getting some arms this week?
If we are going on the three week theory, then the next pack should be out Thursday of next week. Therefore, we should get an announcement on social media on Thursday, with some arm jostles and twitches on Friday, and a brief voice introduction for each one from Saturday through Monday of next week.

If we are going on the three week theory, then the next pack should be out Thursday of next week. Therefore, we should get an announcement on social media on Thursday, with some arm jostles and twitches on Friday, and a brief voice introduction for each one from Saturday through Monday of next week.

An excellent summary, many thanks. Can't wait for those jostles and twitches, you know how they thrill me.

Me who has a Nintendo Switch and understand that the Leader Pass does not mean anything to me because Civilization VI forgot about us after NFP.

Me who has a Nintendo Switch and understand that the Leader Pass does not mean anything to me because Civilization VI forgot about us after NFP.
For you and all other console players on the forum, I can only imagine what a grueling time on this is for you :(

Completely oblivious that the third leader pass was already out... so next is the building leaders or what?

Completely oblivious that the third leader pass was already out... so next is the building leaders or what?
The Sahara Rulers are next.

For you and all other console players on the forum, I can only imagine what a grueling time on this is for you :(
it is. you know what? all these dlcs and expansions should be free. its a waste of money to pay for more stuff and yet you know there will be another game

Top Bottom