[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Was Ramesses known to build sphinxes? If so, that could be his UI instead of a whole district if they want to portray him as a builder. :dunno:

Good point. I guess it's open up to interpretation because it is kind of a vague answer.
It's just vage enough so they don't commit to either xD.

British Museum ability is highly unlikely to return in LP. The new leaders in Rulers of England pack are known to require base game only, where England already has the museum ability. Having duplicate civ and leader ability is just no, and I don't expect to see major revamps in possibly the last DLC of the game.
Kind of hope for an English leader with early game boosts in the early game though.

Having duplicate civ and leader ability is just no, and I don't expect to see major revamps in possibly the last DLC of the game.
England under Victoria (Age of Steam) has Archaeological Museums that have 12 slots and are automatically themed.
ALL YOUR ARTIFACTS ARE BELONG TO US

What are the odds that Victoria "Age of Steam" could inherit the British Museum? Either:
  • As an Archaeological Museum replacement.
  • As an unique building in the Government Plaza, just like Kristina.
The odds are very slim since... you need to create a whole new building asset? But it would be a good wink to vanilla.

I made a point about Workshop of the World being a fit for Age of Steam Vicky, with British Museum making a comeback as CUA, but as you said and have been answered, it is highly unlikely (besides you should come up with a pre-GS version for it to work). So something else might be in works.

For Elizabeth, I don't know exactly what they would represent. She did a lot on Religion appeasement, during an age of talented Writers, while foreign relation was mostly done for commercial reason (trading with the "enemies" of the Faith, she did won against the Spanish Armada). I guess she would be the "diplomatic" leader, or the "naval military leader"? But I wonder how much willing they are going to write new code, or rewrite one. Military-wise, I guess they could reuse Gorgo / Aztec abilities but with Great Works instead of Military policy cards / Luxury resources. Something like:
+1 Combat Strength for all your Naval units for each Great Works of Writing in the Capital city. +100% reward when plundering Trade Routes. Naval victories grants Gold equal to 50% of the Combat Strength of the defeated unit.
It feels very "déjà-vu" while doesn't making real sense. But somehow, I would not be surprise to see something like that.

Well, it indeed makes "sense" if you consider that you use writing works as a way to boost nationalist pride, which has (in the case of Lizzie England) mainly an impact on your sailors. I'd make it as +1 Combat Strenght for each teather with 2 writing pieces (or just for any writing piece showcased in a theather, depending on balance), avoiding limitation to capital city

I made a point about Workshop of the World being a fit for Age of Steam Vicky, with British Museum making a comeback as CUA, but as you said and have been answered, it is highly unlikely (besides you should come up with a pre-GS version for it to work). So something else might be in works.
Well here are my pipe dreams which probably won't happen:
First off is they make the Sea Dog Elizabeth's UU and give us Longbowmen as the civ UU. Elizabeth can produce two naval units, for the price of one, and naval raiders can coastal raid during peacetime.

Age of Steam Victoria might not get a British Museum, but she could get a Crystal Palace with slots for a new type of Great Work, Great Inventions, which can be produced by Great Engineers. :mischief:

First off is they make the Sea Dog Elizabeth's UU and give us Longbowmen as the civ UU. Elizabeth can produce two naval units, for the price of one, and naval raiders can coastal raid during peacetime.

Age of Steam Victoria might not get a British Museum, but she could get a Crystal Palace with slots for a new type of Great Work, Great Inventions, which can be produced by Great Engineers. :mischief:

I am hugely skeptical that we are getting any new builds, due to comments during the dev interview, mentioned previously. Great ideas though, I would love more diversity of units and builds.

I hope I'm wrong, especially when we come to the question of Neuschwanstein.

That sounds too fancy for the level of quality the pass has produced I'm afraid.

That sounds too fancy for the level of quality the pass has produced I'm afraid.
Exactly.

Considering that they haven't even added new achievements (the last time I checked), I can't see the devs bringing this level of complexity to the pass.
Which is why I called it a "pipe dream" as in an unrealistic hope or fantasy. :p

I just hope Elizabeth's ability isn't "free second naval unit every time one is built". Not only is it boring, it's also already the Venetian Arsenal (one of the least utilized Wonders).

If it is strictly naval, I'd rather see +1 movement and +10 CS or something along those lines. Britannia Undas Regit!

I just hope Elizabeth's ability isn't "free second naval unit every time one is built". Not only is it boring, it's also already the Venetian Arsenal (one of the least utilized Wonders).

If it is strictly naval, I'd rather see +1 movement and +10 CS or something along those lines. Britannia Undas Regit!

I actually strongly disagree on this. I think that ability would be pretty fun and pair well with England's industrial focus.

The +1 movement is already granted by the Dockyard. The +10 CS is a copy of Frederick. If you meant only against coastal city states, it's too situational.

Edit: so if you had both that and a Venetian Arsenal, does that mean you'd get 4 naval units every time you build one? :lol: (probably three, or maybe the ability doesn't stack)
New Achievement: occupy every water tile with a naval unit.

I actually strongly disagree on this. I think that ability would be pretty fun and pair well with England's industrial focus.

The +1 movement is already granted by the Dockyard. The +10 CS is a copy of Frederick. If you meant only against coastal city states, it's too situational.

Edit: so if you had both that and a Venetian Arsenal, does that mean you'd get 4 naval units every time you build one? :lol: (probably three, or maybe the ability doesn't stack)
New Achievement: occupy every water tile with a naval unit.
I don't spam units. I make a handful of naval units for exploring and dealing with barbarians, and to fight enemies that happen to be both aggressive towards me and have coastal tiles and cities. Mostly my boats sit in the harbor. So the ability to spam them seems incredibly droll. That ability would come into play only a few times over the course of a game.

And by the way, +10CS means combat strength. For all situations. Not just for use against city-states. That's not what CS means when associated with a +/- number. It's not copying Fred.

I also anticipate that the +1 movement would stack with that from RNDYs and the Great Lighthouse. I'd like to see Elizabethan England get the fastest and strongest navy, period. It should do its rather niche jobs better than anyone, but not by flooding the ocean with boring boats.

If it's just that ability on it's own, I agree. If it's paired with an ability making naval units, or naval raiders with particularly the Seadog, better and more interesting than it would work.

Top Bottom