[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

£17.99 on steam, vs £32.99 for NFP, £34.99 for GS and £24.99 for R&F. Sorry, I don't know the USD prices.

Interesting, so about a little less than half the cost of NFP.

Honestly, I know I have been fairly critical of the LP, but, at the same time, I have been holding my tongue as I have been thinking of this as purely free content. I had forgotten that some players would have had to spend money on it to access the new leaders.

IMHO, not a great value so far...

Pure speculation but I have to imagine they’ve made very few outright sales on the leader pass.

Doesn’t seem to be their goal even. But I do think it’s fairly priced regardless.
I imagine the greater value to 2K is that it prompts more sales of expansions and prior DLC.

I know I ended up buying the Anthology as a gift for my son, with the LP as a factor in the decision.

So...what do we think? Sundiata is giving me strong Disney's Aladdin on Broadway vibes.

I wasn't expecting Greek Cleo to be wearing this little leather number.

I'm loving the eyeliner on Ramses "Panic at the Disco" II.

FoiloYaaYAYayWg.jpeg

Mansa Musa reminds me more of the Genie in the Aladdin Broadway Musical. And Ramesses II's face reminds me of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

And Ramesses II's face reminds me of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
I knew Ramesses II reminded me of some modern Egyptian. Spot on.

I'm loving the eyeliner on Ramses "Panic at the Disco" II.
He's certainly giving me "High Hopes" for his leader ability too. :mischief:

Did I miss something? Why 2 hidden?
1676452110733.png

And here's another one
1676452347281.png

Did I miss something? Why 2 hidden?

And here's another one
Because FXS has uploaded the videos for future release, but has not made them public yet. One of the two videos in the FL playlist is 100% the Rulers of the Sahara that'll be released either today or tomorrow. The other one and the one in the Spotlight playlist could possibly be for pack 5 although FXS usually doesn't upload them this early.

although FXS usually doesn't upload them this early
Exactly.
But on the second screen, only 1 video is hidden, not 3. Maybe I got daydreaming, but there was hope for another DLC :worship:

Sejong may end up the best leader of VI. Due to the great Korea bonuses, he may be as good as Seondeok or even better.

Sejong may end up the best leader of VI. Due to the great Korea bonuses, he may be as good as Seondeok or even better.
Hopefully he is the leader of a cultural Korea. This scientific Korea is *yawn.*

Hopefully he is the leader of a cultural Korea. This scientific Korea is *yawn.*
I mean Korea is going to be scientific no matter what because of the civ ability and the district. My guess is that he'll turn Korea into the science civ but with a twist. But I haven't made up my mind with what that would be. :dunno:

he'll turn Korea into the science civ but with a twist.
I know! What if he had super strong eurekas and a passive science penalty?

Everyone would love that.

;)

(Some do, some don't. To me, it's cool from a design perspective, but I wouldn't want to play that way.)

I know! What if he had super strong eurekas and a passive science penalty?

Everyone would love that.

;)

(Some do, some don't. To me, it's cool from a design perspective, but I wouldn't want to play that way.)
I just had an idea. What if instead it's super strong inspirations and passive culture ability instead? That might replicate how it was him and his scholars that created their alphabet and in turn create the spread of a common language/literature instead of through things like theater and art? :shifty:

Or maybe his Seowons grant culture and his Theater Squares produce less. :)

Top Bottom