[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

This seems like a pretty important thing in the patch notes for the Great Builders update that's not getting much attention. Especially for those of us that routinely access these files for various reasons.
  • Automatically migrate options, settings, logs, etc., location to AppData directory
The three debug files in the Cache folder; all the logs including Database, Modding, & Lua; AppOptions; UserOptions; and mods.sqlite files are all now located here - "C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI".

It looks like the local Mods folder, Saves folder, & Hall of Fame file are all still located in the Documents folder - "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI".

What's the point of this change?

And isn't AppData the folder which is hidden by default?

On my end it's just a bit of extra nuisance.

What's the point of this change?

And isn't AppData the folder which is hidden by default?

On my end it's just a bit of extra nuisance.
It’s been a change slowly coming from several game companies I hear. Probably a good reason for it.

Regarding DLCs in the Steam database:

Bart is Great Builders, as expected.

The previously unnamed one is now called Julius Caesar.

So, Test LPJ that we thought was Julius Caesar isn't and is now a complete mystery.

They updated it on the 15th of March... I think it was likely the original intended date.

If Julius Caesar requires a steamdb app, then it can't be the now named Julius Caesar app, because that appeared on steamdb two months after the release of Julius Caesar. Unless apps can be hidden, but if that were the case, they'd keep them hidden all the time, no?

So maybe LPJ is also Julius Caesar, since that app has been there from the start, and they created it when they decided to release Caesar at the beginning of the LP.

But it makes no sense...

So how many weeks are we predicting before the last pack and Aspyr's inevitable announcement that, no, actually, this stuff isn't coming to Mac after all?

As a Mac player, that would be pretty devastating.

I mean, I've spent months making fun of these character designs, so it would be a real pity if I can't experience them "IRL".

Something in the back of my mind is wondering if the Aspyr/Firaxis rift has something to do with Civ VII.

Aspyr is just useless and wouldn't honour it's commitments to producing a quality port - which has been an issue for years. I don't think Civ7 has much to do with it (without pure speculation). Aspyr has been doing a poor job and we console players got shafted.

As a Mac player, that would be pretty devastating.

I mean, I've spent months making fun of these character designs, so it would be a real pity if I can't experience them "IRL".

Something in the back of my mind is wondering if the Aspyr/Firaxis rift has something to do with Civ VII.

I think Aspyr will deliver for Mac/iOS in the end but it will be sloppily and grudgingly. This feud between them and Firaxis is ridiculous.

Look forward to Civ VII with no more useless Asypr.

Reactions: j51
I wonder if Aspyr knows they are out for VII, and this is the reason for dragging their feet on LP.

Definitely. There is a serious feud between Aspyr and Firaxis.

Unfortunately, VII will probably use Unreal Engine or something to make console support easier. So, Aspyr won't be needed (good), but performance on PCs will suffer.

It's not just Firaxis. Aspyr has a  long history of phoning in the ports they do

Most recent example: the KOTORII port that would crash during a certain cutscene. A main story cutscene.

Between this and the Lady Six Sky mess, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't outsource anything in civ 7

It's not just Firaxis. Aspyr has a  long history of phoning in the ports they do

Most recent example: the KOTORII port that would crash during a certain cutscene. A main story cutscene.

Between this and the Lady Six Sky mess, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't outsource anything in civ 7

Lady Six Sky mess???

Lady Six Sky mess???

They asked a Mexican recording place to do her voice lines. Rather than hire a native Mayan speaker, they went with a popular dub artist. I believe she's the Latin American voice for Twilight Sparkle

They asked a Mexican recording place to do her voice lines. Rather than hire a native Mayan speaker, they went with a popular dub artist. I believe she's the Latin American voice for Twilight Sparkle
Ohhhh...hadn't heard that. That's pretty poor.

I looked it up and the Mexican voice actress does speak Yucatec Mayan but is not a native speaker. I am sure she is very talented but surely there must be plenty of native Mayan speakers that could have done the work. I believe there are about 800,000 Yucatec Mayan native speakers, all told.

Last edited:
Why is it a mess though? Couldn't Firaxis just refuse it if they weren't happy with the result? And wouldn't Firaxis be able to explicitly request a native speaker if that were really a deal breaker for them?
---

Speaking of outsourcing... could some of the models in the Leader Pass be entirely outsourced as well? Specifically Ramses, Theodora and Ludwig. They all look different from the other designs. Even Kublai Khan, which I'm not a fan of, still looks in line with the remaining Civ 6 characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom