[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

It ain't just Korea... I remember Vietnamese people being happy that their civs got out.
So was I when Portugal came out. So what? The point is you don't see me or Vietnamese players endlessly complaining about Firaxis taking years for it to appear in the game. They were just happy they were represented at all.

So was I when Portugal came out. So what? The point is you don't see me or Vietnamese players endlessly complaining about Firaxis taking years for it to appear in the game. They were just happy they were represented at all.
We just want them to do BETTER. You know what ideal Sejong was? This old mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1373489734

If Fraxis put something similar to this there would have been less complaints from even most nationalistic Koreans. In fact that old mod was so well received that some Korean fans released a fixed mod to make it work.
If only Fraxis copied it or make something similar.

Moderator Action: Enough! You have made clear you are unhappy we hear you --NZ
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it a mess though? Couldn't Firaxis just refuse it if they weren't happy with the result? And wouldn't Firaxis be able to explicitly request a native speaker if that were really a deal breaker for them?
---

Speaking of outsourcing... could some of the models in the Leader Pass be entirely outsourced as well? Specifically Ramses, Theodora and Ludwig. They all look different from the other designs. Even Kublai Khan, which I'm not a fan off, still looks in line with the remaining Civ 6 characters.

IIRC, there were quite a few posts across the board. Here included, calling Firaxis lazy and/or culturally insensitive because of the voice work.

My original point being Firaxis has taken a lot of heat this cycle for things other companies have done

IIRC, there were quite a few posts across the board. Here included, calling Firaxis lazy and/or culturally insensitive because of the voice work.

My original point being Firaxis has taken a lot of heat this cycle for things other companies have done
Huh, that one flew right by me. I don't remember that at all.

I wonder how bad Elizabeth would be... will she be a clone of Victoria?
Hopefully no. Elizabeth will presumably have naval bonuses but they may be more defensive, than offensive in nature. If she buffs Sea Dogs at all I won't complain.

I do have a funny feeling that Age of Steam Victoria will be the go to England leader, especially with Workshop of the World.

I am curious to see how they portray Steampunk Vicky. Will they actually go for a fictional Steampunk vibe? Probably not. There would be chaos in the fandom. But maybe they might age her a bit? Gray hair and mourning attire? Maybe borrow Wilhelmina's frame to make her as stocky as she was in later life? Seems like a longshot but it would be accurate.

I am curious to see how they portray Steampunk Vicky. Will they actually go for a fictional Steampunk vibe? Probably not. There would be chaos in the fandom. But maybe they might age her a bit? Gray hair and mourning attire? Maybe borrow Wilhelmina's frame to make her as stocky as she was in later life? Seems like a longshot but it would be accurate.
I don't feel like they would age her or give her mourning clothes. This is because I'm assuming that this persona is based off of younger Victoria when she was married to Albert and reflects his interest in science and innovation.

Would they pull a Teddy and make the current one the Steampunk one and make an older one "Empress" Victoria, which would be more fitting?

Will the devs keep victoria agenda reaction with the same voice línes but with new subs? Even if the vast majority of the player base will see that the text about building factories dont match in any word her speak?
That's the one thing I've been dreading, being an English speaker.

I don't think they've done that for any personas. The lines are just unvoiced.
From what I remember, Saladin also has new lines but speaks the same dialog. I want to say they've done it with all of the new personas but I can't remember for sure. Its really weird.

With one more pack to go I'm going to speculate the abilities of the leaders. I'm also going to guess for two different abilities 1) The one I'd like to see and 2) One that might be probable but I'd rather them not have it. This way I can't be wrong. :mischief:

Elizabeth: Protestant Wind-+7 Combat strength for naval units against civilizations with more naval units. Naval raiders may perform coastal raids against civs who they are not at war with. 2) Counter Armada-+100% production and +2 movement for naval units when declared war upon.

Varangian Harald: Treasures of Constantinople- International trade route provide an extra +2 gold if the destination city follows the same religion as you. 2) Gain 50 faith and gold when you raid a tile or conquer a city.

Steampunk Victoria: 1) Great Exhibition-Great Works provide +2 Science and +2 Production. Universities provide +1 Great Engineer points. 2) Steam Power- +2 movement for all naval units and for land units who move on a road.

If she’s not in black, I’m going to be very confused and probably shouting about another dress I don’t like…

Elizabeth: Protestant Wind-+7 Combat strength for naval units against civilizations with more naval units. Naval raiders may perform coastal raids against civs who they are not at war with. 2) Counter Armada-+100% production and +2 movement for naval units when declared war upon.
You can have this, but all civs in the game have to be Elizabeth.

+50 gold and faith for Harold raiding? As long as it can be increased by the Raid card, I'm all in. 😁

+50 gold and faith for Harold raiding? As long as it can be increased by the Raid card, I'm all in. 😁
I mean theoretically Varangian Harald should have to play differently than the current raiding and pillaging Viking Harald, but that's why I decided to make two options. Then again, if trading with civs doesn't work out that could be the second part to his ability. :mischief:

The portrayal of Queen Elizabeth by Miranda Richardson in Blackadder II is spot on. I think it should be leaned on heavily for inspiration. Even down to calling her Queenie.

Possibly not serious. Who can tell?

I mean theoretically Varangian Harald should have to play differently than the current raiding and pillaging Viking Harald, but that's why I decided to make two options. Then again, if trading with civs doesn't work out that could be the second part to his ability. :mischief:

Yes, I am sure that neo Harold will be different and sadly will not get a buff to his raiding/pillaging ability which, at least IMHO, was the funnest part of playing Norway.

Probably will have something to do with trade or diplomacy. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom