[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

sorry for the noobie question I've got a previous leader pass (Mac-steam) but Theodora, Ludwig et al haven't appeared yet what could cause this?

Yes, I am sure that neo Harold will be different and sadly will not get a buff to his raiding/pillaging ability which, at least IMHO, was the funnest part of playing Norway.
The good news is that hopefully Elizabeth might get that buff, for her Seadogs. That's the one think I'm hopeful for, and to make her stand out from current Victoria.
Probably will have something to do with trade or diplomacy. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.
I'm hoping trade and religion. Right now the Stave Church doesn't synergize really with the rest of Norway. With the Knarr ability he'll be able to send his religious units and traders over the ocean quicker than other civs.
sorry for the noobie question I've got a previous leader pass (Mac-steam) but Theodora, Ludwig et al haven't appeared yet what could cause this?
Do you have Sejong?

Back in January, Aspyr announced that non-PC players wouldn't get the rest of the LP until the end of March due to porting issues.

The good news is that hopefully Elizabeth might get that buff, for her Seadogs. That's the one think I'm hopeful for, and to make her stand out from current Victoria.

I'm hoping trade and religion. Right now the Stave Church doesn't synergize really with the rest of Norway. With the Knarr ability he'll be able to send his religious units and traders over the ocean quicker than other civs.

Do you have Sejong?
yes I have Sejong and the other leaders thank you for answering :)

Unfortunately, VII will probably use Unreal Engine or something to make console support easier. So, Aspyr won't be needed (good), but performance on PCs will suffer.
Bit late to this, but even if Firaxis decided to take up a completely different engine for VII . . . nothing about PC performance suffers just because a company decides to use Unreal. Would be kinda funny, given the origins of that engine :D

Bit late to this, but even if Firaxis decided to take up a completely different engine for VII . . . nothing about PC performance suffers just because a company decides to use Unreal. Would be kinda funny, given the origins of that engine :D
It would be kind of funny if it wasn't also true. I don't know if the engine is at fault or if developers just don't know how to use it properly, but a number of games released on Windows using Unreal Engine 4 seem to have performance problems that don't appear on the consoles. Midnight Suns, for example.

It would be kind of funny if it wasn't also true. I don't know if the engine is at fault or if developers just don't know how to use it properly, but a number of games released on Windows using Unreal Engine 4 seem to have performance problems that don't appear on the consoles. Midnight Suns, for example.
That doesn't make anything about the engine itself true. Performance is a hard topic, and shortcomings are normally due to a lack of dev time or some external factor (for Firaxis games, see the 2K launcher that seems to have all sorts of weird negative effects).

That doesn't make anything about the engine itself true. Performance is a hard topic, and shortcomings are normally due to a lack of dev time or some external factor (for Firaxis games, see the 2K launcher that seems to have all sorts of weird negative effects).
As I wrote, I don't know if the engine is at fault or if developers just can't figure out how to properly use it on Windows. I'd say that the latter option is less likely, though. In any case, UE4 games with poor performance on Windows are pretty common.

As I wrote, I don't know if the engine is at fault or if developers just can't figure out how to properly use it on Windows. I'd say that the latter option is less likely, though. In any case, UE4 games with poor performance on Windows are pretty common.
I get you, and in the interest of not dragging you (and everyone else) down a tangent, those are not the only two possible reasons. Or even the most likely two.

So... any day now we should get news regarding the next pack. :crazyeye:

I guess probably Thursday.
Could be tomorrow too, since the Builders announcement was on a Wed.

Have you noticed that the steam info for the March Update says "March 15 Update Available Now"? It specifies the day of the month. This probably means that there will be another March update in the future :) :) :)

1679602121828.png

1679602130863.png

Top Bottom