• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

I kinda want cultural version of Korea. After call Korea has plenty of cultural example to go so it would be interesting to have a leader who could aid Korea in cultural victory.

It's hard to read sarcasm on these forums without the Smilies at the end.

Oceania is done for this game. They already have stated after looking at all the different cultures, they decided on the Maori. The Maori have generic abilities that any of the Polynesian cultures would get.
Australia isn't getting a native Civ as depicting them would be too problematic.

Charlemagne wouldn't lead Rome, but either France or Germany.

Why Native-Australians are problematic to have, Sorry, I just don't know this issue.
I really want to see more leadres everywhere, also in Oceania.
Maori can fit well the Polynesia heritage, but don't have any civ from Melanesia or Micronesia heritage.

No, stop.

Justinian as alt for Rome was already suggested. Charlesmagne as Roman is insane and the statement "there is NO Byzantine Empire... they are Romans" is ludicrous.
I find this cool video about the first Japanese who went to Europe
When Japanese described Europe, he understand it as just one big kingdom called Rome and his king was the Pope.

Most of us are White people trying to understand other nations abroad, why we cannot use also the understanding of people outside Europe about what was the Roman Empire?

Angola was a Kongo vassal state, so both shouldn’t appear at the same time. They occupy the same area of land as well
There is 3 kingdoms in Central Africa when portuguese arrive, Kongo, Ndongo and Matamba.
Luanda was between Kongo and Ndongo and was given to Portuguese because it was "disputed land".

Quen Nzinga was queen of Ndongo for birth right and Queen of Matamba because she marry Matamba king. By the way, the Kingdom of Nzinga was bigger when she dies than when she start her reign.

akbar wasn’t mongolian. He was a persified turk leader of India.
I agree Akbar was a Turkish-Arian-Muslim leader, but, if we ask to Akbar, who are you? He should answer "I'm the Mongol Emperor".

Why Native-Australians are problematic to have, Sorry, I just don't know this issue.
I really want to see more leadres everywhere, also in Oceania.
Maori can fit well the Polynesia heritage, but don't have any civ from Melanesia or Micronesia heritage.

I find this cool video about the first Japanese who went to Europe
When Japanese described Europe, he understand it as just one big kingdom called Rome and his king was the Pope.

Most of us are White people trying to understand other nations abroad, why we cannot use also the understanding of people outside Europe about what was the Roman Empire?

There is 3 kingdoms in Central Africa when portuguese arrive, Kongo, Ndongo and Matamba.
Luanda was between Kongo and Ndongo and was given to Portuguese because it was "disputed land".

Quen Nzinga was queen of Ndongo for birth right and Queen of Matamba because she marry Matamba king. By the way, the Kingdom of Nzinga was bigger when she dies than when she start her reign.

I agree Akbar was a turkish-Arian-Muslim leader, but, if we ask to Akbar, who are you? He shoul answer "I'm the Mongol Emperor".

Akbar wasn’t aryan because he was ethnically turk

and he wouldn’t have said he was the mongol emperor, that’s not what the mughals believed in lol

Also, to your point about asian or african’s perspectives of Europe, they’re just not accurate. This game doesn’t reflect how white people saw non-white kingdoms, contrary to your belief, and representing all of europe as ‘rome’ just wouldn’t be accurate. Keep in mind that europe functioned very different compared to Japan, so a japanese explorer might have thought Europe to be a lot like one united empire because the shogun/emperor was an unofficial religious leader as well.

I would think if Korea were to get another leader, it wild make sense to have one during the three kingdoms period, as it's its civ ability. Someone like Gwanggeto would be interesting for a more military based focus, especially many Koreans clamored for him. I do kind of want to hear him with a thick north Korean accent in a way to annoy the fans angry about Seondeok.
Georgia has a couple of notable leaders, like David the Builder, Demetrius, and Irakali (if going past the Golden Age). Though I doubt Georgia will get one as they're fairly new to the series.
Mapuche could have that French guy, (I forgot his name) to be an alternate leader. Someone made a mod of him using Pedro's body though.

Akbar wasn’t aryan because he was ethnically turk

and he wouldn’t have said he was the mongol emperor, that’s not what the mughals believed in lol

Also, to your point about asian or african’s perspectives of Europe, they’re just not accurate. This game doesn’t reflect how white people saw non-white kingdoms, contrary to your belief, and representing all of europe as ‘rome’ just wouldn’t be accurate. Keep in mind that europe functioned very different compared to Japan, so a japanese explorer might have thought Europe to be a lot like one united empire because the shogun/emperor was an unofficial religious leader as well.
Arian is the ethincity from Iran.
I guess Turkish and Arian are relacionated, some Turkish and Arian friends (from Iran) say to me they understand each other very well.

Let's remeber, Arian people don't like to be called Persian, Persian is a European name for they. They called him self Arian.
I know it is a problem because Hitler also used the word Arian to speak about Germans, but Hitler was wrong.

Well, because that Japanese explorer was wrong. Why would Firaxis base a civ/leader off of somebody who just didn’t know what they were talking about

Kublai Khan does seem the most likely for a alternate leader for the Asia pack, but honestly I want to see Queen Himiko as an alternate leader for Japan.

Ruled arguably the most powerful kingdom in Japan at the time, to the point where the contemporary Chinese states proclaimed her as the ruler of all Japan. She's also pretty popular amongst the current Japanese populace, even being one of the most recognizable Japanese historical figures amongst the nation's school children.

I'm probably in the minority for wanting her, but I'd feel like she would make a great pick for an alt leader.

Well, because that Japanese explorer was wrong. Why would Firaxis base a civ/leader off of somebody who just didn’t know what they were talking about
Charlemagne never was emperor of Rome?
So... How the Holly Roman Empire born?

The HRE wasn’t Roman, they just called themselves that to make themselves seem powerful

Arian is the ethincity from Iran.
I guess Turkish and Arian are relacionated, some Turkish and Arian friends (from Iran) say to me they understand each other very well.

Let's remeber, Arian people don't like to be called Persian, Persian is a European name for they. They called him self Arian.
I know it is a problem because Hitler also used the word Arian to speak about Germans, but Hitler was wrong.
none of this is relevant. Turkic people weren’t Indo-European, which is what Aryan means from a anthropological perspective. Turkish is a specific group of Turkic people who took over Anatolia.

Turkic people have separate language groups that have been influenced by the Indo-European Persian, but the peoples and their languages are unrelated.

Akbar was a turkic leader descended from Babur and Tamerlane, but unlike Tamerlane, he never viewed himself as a descendent of Genghis, likely because even if he was, it hardly would matter, and even if he was, there was no proof.

He would’ve viewed himself as a persian, largely because the mughals adopted persian as their lingua franca, but the mughals established themselves the leaders of the Mughal empire, not any other geographical entity. Akbar being a mongol leader is simultaneously the dumbest and most outlandish idea ever.

I’ve never heard Iranic or Persian people dislike to be called Persian. Aryan is an ethnic grouping distinction. It applies to North Indians, the people who live in the Caucasus, and nearly all europeans, as it refers to the descendants of the Proto-Indo-European people.

Kublai Khan does seem the most likely for a alternate leader for the Asia pack, but honestly I want to see Queen Himiko as an alternate leader for Japan.

Ruled arguably the most powerful kingdom in Japan at the time, to the point where the contemporary Chinese states proclaimed her as the ruler of all Japan. She's also pretty popular amongst the current Japanese populace, even being one of the most recognizable Japanese historical figures amongst the nation's school children.

I'm probably in the minority for wanting her, but I'd feel like she would make a great pick for an alt leader.

keep in mind the alt-leader has to be a RF leader because they specifically require RF. If they only used RF mechanics, it would’ve said RF or GS, so it’s clearly a RF leader.

keep in mind the alt-leader has to be a RF leader because they specifically require RF. If they only used RF mechanics, it would’ve said RF or GS, so it’s clearly a RF leader.

True. I just personally want to see her over Kublai Khan, but I'll be down for either.

The Holy Roman Empire was infamously not Holy, not Roman, and not an Empire.

Vaguely religious germanic confederation of city states doesn’t exactly flow off the tongue

Wait.

If the alt leader wasn’t R+F, they could’ve put JFK alt with secret societies

none of this is relevant. Turkic people weren’t Indo-European, which is what Aryan means from a anthropological perspective. Turkish is a specific group of Turkic people who took over Anatolia.

Turkic people have separate language groups that have been influenced by the Indo-European Persian, but the peoples and their languages are unrelated.

Akbar was a turkic leader descended from Babur and Tamerlane, but unlike Tamerlane, he never viewed himself as a descendent of Genghis, likely because even if he was, it hardly would matter, and even if he was, there was no proof.

He would’ve viewed himself as a persian, largely because the mughals adopted persian as their lingua franca, but the mughals established themselves the leaders of the Mughal empire, not any other geographical entity. Akbar being a mongol leader is simultaneously the dumbest and most outlandish idea ever.

I’ve never heard Iranic or Persian people dislike to be called Persian. Aryan is an ethnic grouping distinction. It applies to North Indians, the people who live in the Caucasus, and nearly all europeans, as it refers to the descendants of the Proto-Indo-European people.
I'm not an expert in Asia history and don't know well the relations between Turkish and Arians.
Also I don't think racial is important in this game, I want to avoid controversia, I swear.
This video explain a bit why we should avoid use the word Persia to speak about Aryans.

But, I like to understanding the history as, what this people think about they self.
I believe Akbar think he was the Mongol Emperor (and also I think he don't know what a race was)
Also Charlesmagen, he was Emperor of Rome (and also king of France, it isn't a problem to him)

I'm not an expert in Asia history and don't know well the relations between Turkish and Arians.
Also I don't think racial is important in this game, I want to avoid controversia, I swear.
This video explain a bit why we should avoid use the word Persia to speak about Aryans.

But, I like to understanding the history as, what this people think about they self.
I believe Akbar think he was the Mongol Empire (and also I think he don't know what a race was)
Also Charlesmagen, he was Emperor of Rome (and also king of France, it isn't a problem to him)

I don’t mean to be rude but i think you have to read up on more history

the mughals didn’t think that they were the mongol empire

the HRE wasn’t rome

Aryans are not the same thing as Persians (one is a historical identifier used in anthropology and the other is a modern ethnic group)

regardless of what the HRE thought (being a successor to rome), it wasn’t true

regardless of what Timur thought (being a descendant of Genghis Khan), it wasn’t true

History is not decided by opinions, but rather by fact.

This is an enlightment quote, and is said few years before the fall of West Rome.
Thanks to Napoleon, the Enlightment Emperor of Europe.

Top Bottom