Civilization VI Release Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, I should have stuck with the digital deluxe over the collectors edition. I could have been playing at 9pm on Thursday! Instead of whenever it is delivered on Friday...

Makes up for all the years where they had to wait till the day after for us timed global releases

Like I posted elsewhere, for those Mac players still wondering if we get to play on Friday, I just contacted Aspyr and they said that they don´t have an ETA for the game on Mac. The pre-download on STEAM is a placeholder that will expand on release day. They said, "We're working on getting it out the same day as PC but there's no promises right now. As soon as we know, you'll know on Facebook and Twitter."

I really hope we get to enjoy it same release days and times.

soo... at noon edt, aussies will be playing the game, 12 hrs before us. is there some sort of #unfairreleaseschedule thing we should do?

:c5war::sheep:
I guess that's what the 'Australia tax' buys you.

Alternatively, it's because Australians will need the extra time to download the inevitable Day 0 patch.

soo... at noon edt, aussies will be playing the game, 12 hrs before us. is there some sort of #unfairreleaseschedule thing we should do?
Well, it's noon for you, but for the actual players in Australia it's already 3 o'clock at night on release day. I don't see how it's unfair.
It's not that they get it 'earlier', it's just that you're living in an earlier timezone ;)
Everybody basically gets it around the same, local, time period (friday early morning).

Well, it's noon for you, but for the actual players in Australia it's already 3 o'clock at night on release day. I don't see how it's unfair.
It's not that they get it 'earlier', it's just that you're living in an earlier timezone ;)
Everybody basically gets it around the same, local, time period (friday early morning).

Not true, it drops at 11pm Thursday night in USA Central time zone.

So we get it first here in Singapore :) 12am Friday, sweet. Finally we get a game first before all the others and can post stuff like , wow, just wow, you all got to see this etc

(Copied from other thread for those interested)

Cool, this means, for anyone with a VPN, if you can connect to Japan, Signapore, China, India, Australia, Korea, or New Zealand, you can unlock the game significantly earlier.
Here are the times...

North America:
  • 9:00am Thursday 20th for PST
  • 10:00am Thursday 20th for MST
  • 11:00am Thursday 20th for CST
  • 12:00pm Thursday 20th for EST
  • 1:00pm Thursday 20th for AST
Europe:
  • 4:00pm Thursday 20th for WET
  • 5:00pm Thursday 20th for CET
  • 6:00pm Thursday 20th for EET
  • 7:00pm Thursday 20th for MSK
If you don't have a VPN service, you can use OpenVPN for free, which uses Private Tunnel. They have a server in Hong Kong that should work. I doubt you'll get great speeds, and there's a 2gb limit, but if you pre-load you shouldn't need much to unlock it.

Just keep in mind that while there's nothing wrong with unlocking the game via VPN, absolutely do not purchase the game while connected to another region. This is against Steam terms of service and can get your account in trouble.

Last edited:
I thought I wouldn't be able to play until Saturday 22nd of October Australia time. Now I get to play an entire day earlier? This is payback for the Australian Stellaris launch being almost a day later than Europe.

How does it work if we pre-ordered the Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition? No pre-load from Steam I guess, have to wait for the box...

Downloading now... This is sweet, I was worried about congested servers Thursday night, but now I just need to wait for the unlock.

(Copied from other thread for those interested)

Cool, this means, for anyone with a VPN, if you can connect to Japan, Signapore, China, India, Australia, Korea, or New Zealand, you can unlock the game significantly earlier.
Here are the times...

North America:
  • 10:00am Thursday 20th for PST
  • 11:00am Thursday 20th for MST
  • 12:00pm Thursday 20th for CST
  • 1:00pm Thursday 20th for EST
  • 2:00pm Thursday 20th for AST
Europe:
  • 5:00pm Thursday 20th for WET
  • 6:00pm Thursday 20th for CET
  • 7:00pm Thursday 20th for EET
  • 8:00pm Thursday 20th for MSK
If you don't have a VPN service, you can use OpenVPN for free, which uses Private Tunnel. They have a server in Hong Kong that should work. I doubt you'll get great speeds, and there's a 2gb limit, but if you pre-load you shouldn't need much to unlock it.

Just keep in mind that while there's nothing wrong with unlocking the game via VPN, absolutely do not purchase the game while connected to another region. This is against Steam terms of service and can get your account in trouble.

Abraxis,

Your times are off by an hour. Here are the correct times on the Time.is website:
http://time.is/0300AM_21_Oct_2016_i...ease._Local_Times_when_it's_3:00_in_Australia.

I sent an email to Steam Support asking if I can use a VPN to unlock it because I already bought it. I haven't heard back yet. I paid full price for the deluxe game on Steam and I wanna play! I'm like an impatient child the week before Christmas ;) But whatever Steam Support tells me to do, I will abide by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom