AppName: civilizationv.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.7 ModName: civilizationv.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.7 Offset: 002f4ad7

Is the ciivilizationv.exe. broken?

My System

Intel Core 2 Duo
E6300, 1.83 Ghz
RAM: 2.00 GB
Grafikarte: ATI Radeon 5750

The demo seems to not have been properly 'internationalized'. In my case my windows username contained a 'ø' which caused a crash with a similar (I suspect your error message was a bit longer) message. I moved /My Documents/ to a new folder containing only a-z characters and it worked. Just a shot in the dark.

getting this from retail game

AppName: civilizationv.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.7 ModName: civilizationv.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.7 Offset: 00150d47

game won't launch
any ideas??

yes
how do I change my Windows username?

edit* changed my username, still can't get it to run

Civ4 works on this machine

Changing the user name in the system settings isn't enough. You'll have to create a new account without any special letters or use an existing one, which never contained any special letters. If you only change your user name in the system settings, it will only affect the way the name is diplayed in windows but not the name which windows uses internally for your account. You can verify this by taking a look at your c:/users/ folder. Your user name displayed there will still be the old one.

I finally found a solution in the 2kforum from (thanks to yazus):

Go into My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5 demo and edit the file GraphicsSettingsDX9

2. Set Fullscreen to 0. Now you're running the game in windowed mode.

didn't work for me (not using the demo, have the retail copy)

Changing the user name in the system settings isn't enough. You'll have to create a new account without any special letters or use an existing one, which never contained any special letters. If you only change your user name in the system settings, it will only affect the way the name is diplayed in windows but not the name which windows uses internally for your account. You can verify this by taking a look at your c:/users/ folder. Your user name displayed there will still be the old one.

Nah..just find your 'My Documents' folder, right click...choose 'location' tab. There you specify a new location for 'My Documents'. No need to create a new account. You can easily move it back later.

I finally found a solution in the 2kforum from (thanks to yazus):

Go into My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5 demo and edit the file GraphicsSettingsDX9

2. Set Fullscreen to 0. Now you're running the game in windowed mode.

This works! Thanks.

(I am using the demo).

Hmm no joy for me editing the file. and i'm using the demo ....do capitals in the user name matter? mine is JJ or just stranger European ones

Top Bottom