• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CivIVor: Beyond the Sword

Do you want to join the game?

• Total voters
I'm getting delivery on Friday. Is the the game I'm partnered with Tubby?

Accelerated start makes absolutely no sense when I try and start with that option on. I would much prefer it to be off.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say by it making no sense.

If No Tech Trading is on, then by default no one can Tech Broker. My preference towards these options would be
#1 Both Tech Trading and Brokering on.
#2 Tech Trading on, Tech Brokering Off
#3 No Tech Trading

The reason I would disallow tech trading (and by default brokering) is to reduce the power of alliances. You and I have seen too many games where the largest alliance simply outpaces everyone else in tech and eventually one of the members wins. No tech trading means that civs (and alliances) pulling ahead can still be ganged up on and taken down.

If always war is on then you cant trade techs anyway.

I'm for no tech trading, but I don't understand why Always War should be on... It seems to take more away form the game than it adds.

Count me in.

I'm rather suspicious of the Always War option ON. It makes trade routes and trade buildings less valuable, which probably makes some Unique buildings and Traits relatively less valuable. And what kind of effect this option has for the Vassal and the Colonies system? Religions could become less valuable and this has also some balance effects.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say by it making no sense.

Advanced Start is too confusing.

The reason I would disallow tech trading (and by default brokering) is to reduce the power of alliances. You and I have seen too many games where the largest alliance simply outpaces everyone else in tech and eventually one of the members wins. No tech trading means that civs (and alliances) pulling ahead can still be ganged up on and taken down.

Which means we haven't had enough people back-stabbing!

Count me in.

I'm rather suspicious of the Always War option ON. It makes trade routes and trade buildings less valuable, which probably makes some Unique buildings and Traits relatively less valuable. And what kind of effect this option has for the Vassal and the Colonies system? Religions could become less valuable and this has also some balance effects.

Vassels won't work without AI IIR, and I imagine colonies will disabled for similar reasons.

I had 4 different human vassals in the CivIVor Warlords game, so I see no reason why there wouldn;t be any colonies or vassals.

Ok, I thought only the AI could be vassals... must be different in multiplayer. Colonies would add a civ to the game which would cause problems with the upper limit on civ numbers wouldn't it?

all war, no tech trading(except with me) and normal start.

Which means we haven't had enough people back-stabbing!

For what it's worth, I had every intention of backstabbing Robbo in the Warlords game immediately after we got rid of the Persians, then backstabbing BCLG (yes, sorry BCLG!) after I stabilized that land. But Igloo took over for Robbo and I had no desire to war with in in to pitboss games in a row.

Don't worry VC, me and rob were planning on hitting you too :)

I quite like the idea of an advanced start tbh, I'd still prefer to be in the ancient age however.

Dude,

Could you post IP-Adress (and pw) in the OP, please?

Dude,

Could you post IP-Adress (and pw) in the OP, please?

When the server is open for business I'll PM everyone with the IP (no game password).

Top Bottom