Clown Car 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but vaccines spreading autism are trying to dumb our nation. That's right, people. Big Pharma is trying to kill humanity.

Alternatively, this is the biggest con, and they have medication that can cure autism, but they're waiting for enough autists to pop out. Because, why not.

Dudes......

Intelligence is a survival characteristic.....

Which as I said earlier can be applied in a myriad of ways. Using it to overcome natural selection was a choice, not an obligation.

Dr Berserker, ladies and gentlemen.

It's not really the scientific claim which is the bugeyed lunacy here.

"Weaken the species" is really rubbish ontology, just so you guys know.

All I see are unsupported insults...and you said I was trolling. :goodjob: It would be nice if you answered Borachio, but if your gripe is about the words, breeders weaken and strengthen species. Its their terminology and aint rubbish. We're trying everyday to get stronger crops and weaker "enemies". Unless you breed bulldogs, thats just messed up.

I agree. But I'd like you to talk me through it. How does allowing weaker members to survive and pass on their genes to future generations not weaken the species?

<crickets>

If it's possible to achieve effective immunity through immunisation, what difference does it make? Surely "the strength of the species" (which, y'know: gross) is measured in its practical resistance to disease, not an academic tally of natural immunity?

If you achieve "herd immunity" with effective vaccinations, thats great. Its great for the people in need of them. But the long term effect will be a species more prone to disease and the massive loss of herd immunity if the vaccinations no longer work.

Not only that, I suspect the widespread use of vaccines will accelerate the evolution of the bugs we're trying to defeat. We're literally spreading disease to control it. Everyone getting vaccinated is infected so their system can fight off a weaker bug. But that also means all these people are becoming incubators for the few bugs that survive. That gives the bug more opportunities to evolve.

Maybe I am missing something - but I thought we tried that already. Didn't stop infectious disease, which was the reason we felt it necessary to create vaccines in the first place. Not to mention that as I understand polio will often not kill you but simply disable you. But I guess we could sterilize those cases.

Leaving aside the problem of finding a mate who has been designed by evolution to seek the "strong", if you had polio in the absence of a vaccine, would you be anxious to risk having a child?

I think it is about taking objection to classifying a whole person as weaker because this person has a particular vulnerability.

If somebody's immune system is weaker than yours, they have a particular vulnerability compared to you. The PC sure is getting thick in here.

I never thought I would see JR agree with Huckabee, but there it is.

J

Since in the illustration Huckabee takes both sides of the issue it would be really hard not to agree with him. Typical of Republican candidates, they agree with everyone about half the time as long as they are candidates. The only way to find out what they actually stand for is to elect them.

The Huckster accidentally agreed with me.

Why accidentally? It's a pretty standard position.

Since in the illustration Huckabee takes both sides of the issue it would be really hard not to agree with him. Typical of Republican candidates, they agree with everyone about half the time as long as they are candidates. The only way to find out what they actually stand for is to elect them.

Nonsense. He has only one side--clerics should not be compelled to perform same sex marriages if their dogma opposes same sex unions. He makes the same case for Catholic hospitals not performing abortions. The alternative position is that clerics/hospitals have no right to withhold service, because it constitutes discrimination.

J

Why accidentally? It's a pretty standard position.

J

He wasn't going on about Jewish delis because he thought gays should have the freedom to marry, though that was the conclusion that one would have to reach with his analogy.

As to the cleric thing, that is the Huckster assaulting a strawman as no one is really forcing churches to perform gay marriage ceremonies. The battle is over photographers and cakemakers - profiteers wanting to discriminate in the name of Christ.

He wasn't going on about Jewish delis because he thought gays should have the freedom to marry, though that was the conclusion that one would have to reach with his analogy.

I don't get that at all. He reserves the right to oppose the law, not just to decline the offered business. The analogy is that it is as distasteful as pork to a Jew.

J

Nonsense.

Let me guess, you didn't even look at the cartoon in question, just leaped to defend the Huckster leaving any sense of a clue behind, since you didn't feel the need for one.

Oh. Those aren't pork sausages he's got hanging up, then? And there isn't some black pudding on display, either?

Oh. Those aren't pork sausages he's got hanging up, then? And there isn't some black pudding on display, either?

Huckabee isn't Jewish and I am guessing the cartoonist isn't either. You expected consistency?

Let me guess, you didn't even look at the cartoon in question, just leaped to defend the Huckster leaving any sense of a clue behind, since you didn't feel the need for one.

Amazing number of errors in one sentence. You've been practicing.

J

Apparently so have you, but you still aren't good enough. I'm assuming of course you are trying to bait me into getting banned.

You must be so grateful for the opportunities that the internet provides.

On a different note, will the clown car provide Karl another opportunity to get even with the world?

Thank you for that good laugh. I had no idea good ole Karl was so....pathetic. This part in particular had me cracking up:

Because, sheesh, Karl. Save your pennies, get a hotel room, and deal with your warped sexual aggression the way every other politician does, with the Emperor Club on speed dial.

Thank you for that good laugh. I had no idea good ole Karl was so....pathetic. This part in particular had me cracking up:

You're welcome. Just think what a better place the world would be if the little girl had been more motivated and not left Karl the opportunity to take it out on the rest of us.

You're welcome. Just think what a better place the world would be if the little girl had been more motivated and not left Karl the opportunity to take it out on the rest of us.

Yeah, it's more than a little disturbing that the politics of an entire nation has been influenced so heavily by the repressed sexual aggression of one very sad little man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom