Colonization Modding Contest

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Firaxis is sponsoring a modding contest for Civilization IV: Colonization that will run until December 17th, 2008. Individuals will be able to submit their creations to be judged by Firaxis in the hopes of winning some cool prizes! Here is some more information:
To give you an even bigger incentive, we will be giving away a brand new desktop computer and copies of Colonization (signed by the development team) to the winners of the contest. What we are looking for is simple: we want to see your best unique modification to the core game (no scenarios), in any of the following four categories:

* New In-Game Assets (art, including units, buildings, terrain sets, etc.)
* New Colonial Power/Civilizations
* Map Scripts (just a single .py file)
* Game Concept Changes (for example, adding specific artifacts for discovery)

The creator of the over-all winning Grand Prize entry will receive a desktop computer to show off to friends. In addition, the four runner-up submissions will receive a copy of Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization signed by the development team.
Keep in mind that this contest is for US-residents only. Firaxis has published more detailed rules regarding eligibility here. Good luck to all who enter! :goodjob:

>> Read more of the details of this contest
>> View the Colonization Creation & Customization forum

Firaxis is sponsoring a modding contest for Civilization IV: Colonization that will run until December 17th, 2008. Individuals will be able to submit their creations to be judged by Firaxis in the hopes of winning some cool prizes! Here is some more information:

Keep in mind that this contest is for US-residents only.

And now the translation :

Sorry dear customers for delivering such a poor game, but don't blame us blame 2K Games for the rush.
Also don't expect a patch before the new year, X-mas is coming and we need to evaluate our staff.
It's clear we need new members as the old ones were running out of ideas.
The competition is for us, Americans, only, we've had it with all the negative and whiney comments from abroad.

So they get enhanced replayability that will earn thousands of $ without having to work at the game themselves and only paying peanuts for it. Wow seems they really learned from the current crisis of the financial markets that hardcore capitalism is the way to go. I mean they got the same thing with all the civ mods but at least they took some talents in. And making it sound like it's a huge treat really tops it off. Thumbsup! NOT

EDIT: typo

Great contest
I hope much good will come from it !
Not really in to mods but hopefully someone will make a patch for the game and win the contest :)

I was gonna say the same sort of thing, but see no point since I'm sure everyone can see the lameness of the whole idea. oo, a brand new desktop PC! A 286?

Quite funny really that they would dare to try such a stunt..

Just like the major news channels now.."send us your videos, pics and news so we don't have to do our job! We don't want to have to pay people for it, we want it for free!"

If the winners already have the game why would they want a second copy. I could understand that they my want the signature, but it's kind of funny that you have to have the game to make the MOD and if you win you get the game again.

I would've loved to have entered my little graphical mod into this contest, but unfortunately I live in the Netherlands.. (Well, I'm pretty happy I live here instead of the U.S., but for this contest it's unfortunate anwyay)..

Good luck to those who choose to enter!

honestly, dumbest thing iver heard.

"make mods for our game!!! the winner gets to show off this awesome desktop computer to his friends! even if you dont win we will give you a copy of the game you already own!!!"

please.

just fix the game and get it over with, screw this contest.

Dale is making a patch but he is in Australia. Irony.

Snoopy can enter it. It's our little patch and all I gotta do is say "he's the teamleader". ;)

I do have to find the hilarity in the statement:

"Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Mod Submissions that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language."

Apparently you can be disqualified for your mod not REMOVING rum from the game.

I do have to find the hilarity in the statement:

"Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Mod Submissions that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language."

Apparently you can be disqualified for your mod not REMOVING rum from the game.

and violence! should I have made a mod that totally removed fighting from the game?

Top Bottom