Colonization: Space Edition Pre-game Disscussion

Bobbtjoe

Emperor
While waiting for IO V to update (or start, for that matter), I came up with the idea for a Space Age colonization game. Instead of colonizing different areas of Earth, players would be expanding to space and taking over the solar system. There would be a goal involved. The player must research far enough, abtain a large enough population, and have enough reasources handy to build a spaceship cabable of leaving the solar system. At that point, the game would be over as the player who launched said spaceship has won and is at a point where they could colonize the universe, while their enemies are not. Each player would choose a nation ( India, America, ect. ). Of course, this idea has a long road to travel before reaching a point where it is playable. We need maps, a system of sorting all this out and so on. And this is the place where that disscussion will take place. I have an idea of how this game would work, which I plan on posting tommorow, as it is 11 pm here.

Remember guys, this is just a Pre-game Discussion. We're not playing yet. :)

The dying sun dawns on the year 3000. All comunications with Earth have gone silient. A millenium of nuclear war and conflicts has plagued the human race. Luckily in 2650, the nations of Earth were able to terriform the moon and make it inhabitable. Several major countries were able to start moon bases and were able to transport millions of their citizens to the moon, though billions more were left behind. And now all you could do is assume that all those billions of people are now dead.​
It has become clear to your people that the moon will not be able to support your population, and that you must seek out and expand into other planets, and eventually, leave the solar system.​

Victory conditions:
  • Space Victory: build a spaceship that is able to leave the solar system.
  • Military Victory: conquer all other rivals.

That is when our game takes place. Any thoughts on how we should go from here? I was thinking that science should be based off of IOV, where each territory that you gain would increase your wealth by 1 amount, an that would be invested in science or production. Production would be used to build fleets, armies, settling parties, or spaceship parts. Science would be used to research things such as better space travel, better armies, and whatnot. You would need a something like a level 5 space travel to go to Pluto, and a level 20 space travel to leave the solar system. Something like that.

I want America.

By the logic that Dom used, I want Brazil.

The Cosmos will become one with the Soviet Union!

China! China! China!

I claim the New Roman Empire!

Please stop claiming countries, the game has yet to start and it will be ignored.

How should space colinization play out? How would someone go about colinizing Mars, for example?

I say that we have a solar system map where moons can be claimed, thena map for each rock planet or moon that can house multiple nation's colonies. As well as an earth map. I would like to play as Canada

I say that we have a solar system map where moons can be claimed, thena map for each rock planet or moon that can house multiple nation's colonies. As well as an earth map. I would like to play as Canada

Yes, this is what I am currently trying to achieve. For starters, here's Earth and all the playable fractions, made with my epic paint skillz :smug::
Spoiler :

Light Blue: Canada
Dark Blue: USA
Orange: Mexico and the Caribbean
Brown: South Americo
Light Green: Brazil
Yellow: West Europe
Purple: East Europe
Dark Red: The New Soviet Union
Yellow Green: Arabia
Black: North Africa
Pink: South Africa
White: India
Gray: China
Tan: Australia
Red: Japan

And here's the moon, also made with my mad paint skillz:
Spoiler :

@ CaesarPlayer

I've never seen you on Forum Games. Would you like to join Mafia?

I'm relatively new to Forum Games, we actually played The Acadamy: The Sith Lords together. And sure I would love to play Mafia, care to recomend one?

why is brazil smaller than in 2010?
While my paint skillz may be epic, they are not perfect. You'll just have to live with it.
May I re make the maps with photoshop?

YES! That would be incredibly helpful! Feel free to use any map you like. (maybe that one you PMed me) Though I'll try my best to get better at paint so I could make some quality maps. My map for the solar system looks pretty good. :cool: (though it is not finished. )

Why has Canada claimed Iceland and Greenland? Why has the USA not fallen?

Why has Canada claimed Iceland and Greenland? Why has the USA not fallen?

Because after 1,000 years, the political borders of the world have changed quite a bit. If you also notice, China owns southeast Asia, Australia owns New Zealand, and North Africa owns Poland (though it's not like that isn't true now. ;) )

I changed the borders on my maps. W. Europe has the strait of Gibraltar and portugal is run by E Europe. The moon looks less like a pie, also.

Spoiler :

Green = USA
Orange = Canada
Light Blue = Central American Union
Grey = Brazil
Neon Green= South American Union
Peach = The West Euro Union
Violet = The East Euro Union
Dark Red = New Soviet Union
Red= Japan
Yellow = Australia
Silver = China
Light Purple = Israel
Purple = India
Dark Green = North African Union
Black = Ethiopian Empire
Pink = South African Union

The Moon:
Spoiler :

Oh God what an ugly/hilarious map.

Germany is partitioned again. Lol.

Canada seizing parts of Alaska. Lolol.

Israel ruling Egypt. Lololol.

Japan ruling Sakhalin and Primurye THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! THIS INTRUSION INTO SOVIET TERRITORY CANNOT BE TOLERATED. I'M OUT OF THIS GAME.

Top Bottom